Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live link to Obamas "Gun control proposal".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    I'm saying that when you are a public figure, especially the children of a man millions would love to see dead, you need armed guards.

The same reason celebs hire body guards. Do you need a body guard? I don't, because nobody knows who I am and they don't care.

See the debate isn't about taking people's guns away or that I'm opposed to guns, I'm not. Banning assault rifles isn't going to take away your rights and either is forcing people to register them and get mandatory background checks.

It's just common sense man.
    There were 411 murders in Detroit this past year. Do me a favor and guess how many of those murders were committed by registered gun owners.

I'll wait bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
      There were 411 murders in Detroit this past year. Do me a favor and guess how many of those murders were committed by registered gun owners.

I'll wait bud.
      Why don't we do one better bud and find out how many of those guns were bought legally...

When 40% of guns are sold under the radar legally, what does it matter what laws we have if we create loop holes around them.

Same reason Chicago has the murder rate it does with such strict gun laws because all they do is go outside the city and buy all the guns they want.

Comment

Why don't we do one better bud and find out how many of those guns were bought legally...

When 40% of guns are sold under the radar legally, what does it matter what laws we have if we create loop holes around them.

Same reason Chicago has the murder rate it does with such strict gun laws because all they do is go outside the city and buy all the guns they want.
        So what would an assault weapon ban accomplish? If there is a ban their will be thousands upon thousands of weapons being purchased on the street. It only hurts the law abiding citizens.

And who is going to turn in their weapon? Seriously. This shyt will end bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
          So what would an assault weapon ban accomplish? If there is a ban their will be thousands upon thousands of weapons being purchased on the street. It only hurts the law abiding citizens.

And who is going to turn in their weapon? Seriously. This shyt will end bad.
          Nobody will have to turn any of their guns in....jeeezus

The people that have them will be grandfathered in. Nobody wants to take away your guns, nobody.

Comment

I'm saying that when you are a public figure, especially the children of a man millions would love to see dead, you need armed guards.

The same reason celebs hire body guards. Do you need a body guard? I don't, because nobody knows who I am and they don't care.

See the debate isn't about taking people's guns away or that I'm opposed to guns, I'm not. Banning assault rifles isn't going to take away your rights and either is forcing people to register them and get mandatory background checks.

It's just common sense man.
            those poor kids in that school in Connecticut didn't have families that were celebrities or presidents and look what happen there

you know I Cua but you wrong nobodies kids are worth more than my kids in my eyes I don't care if they are the children of the most powerful man in the world

Comment

Nobody will have to turn any of their guns in....jeeezus

The people that have them will be grandfathered in. Nobody wants to take away your guns, nobody.
              I want to see how much crime is going to decrease if this **** goes thru or how many "bad guys" are going to stop killing

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                i'm confused here, you saying his kids should be protected but not our kids ?
                Are you saying kids should be allowed to pack heat at school?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Are you saying kids should be allowed to pack heat at school?
                  only if they're trained.......
                  i'm kidding

you know that's not what I said

Comment

those poor kids in that school in Connecticut didn't have families that were celebrities or presidents and look what happen there

you know I Cua but you wrong nobodies kids are worth more than my kids in my eyes I don't care if they are the children of the most powerful man in the world
                    You completely misunderstood me. My post had nothing to do what your children mean to you. My daughter means everything to me and I would put nobody above her, that has nothing to do with why she doesn't have armed guards around her though.

The president needs armed guards because he's the president, you and I don't and shouldn't. Are you saying you want to live in a world where we need armed guards in our schools, hospitals, churches or anywhere else?

Come on man, let's use some common sense here.

I want to see how much crime is going to decrease if this **** goes thru or how many "bad guys" are going to stop killing
                    It's not about crime....

Crime isn't going to stop, it's about trying to decrease the mass murders we are seeing as of late like we have seen in Newtown, Aurora, Colombine etc...

That citizens don't need AR15's to defend themselves, that shotguns, hand guns and hunting rifles are just fine. We don't need military weapons in the hands of every day citizens.

Oh and by the way there were armed guard in Colombine and in Ft Hood and where did that get us? Where were the hero's who stopped the mass killings? Seems to me like pro gun people have this fantasy that if everyone is strapped, this won't happen, that's simply not true.

That's all man, nothing more.

Comment

List of executive actions Obama plans to take as part of anti-gun violence plan

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.*

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.*

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

*4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

*5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.*

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.*

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.*

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

*9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.*

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

*11. Nominate an ATF director.*

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

*13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.*

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.*

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

*16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.*

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.*

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.*

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.*

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.*

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

*22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.*

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

Comment

Working...
                      X