Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google pulls videos accusing it of election manipulation from YouTube.. which it owns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha. The Google staff are now disappearing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Are there any legal ramifications?

They are literally operating as an arm of a political party/machine, but are not legally defined as a PAC.
      You'll have to ask our BS attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
        You'll have to ask our BS attorney.
        I swear to God I didn't see that one coming.

Well played, sir. Well played.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
          Haha. Well, I assume he's not talking about you or I because I've done nothing but speak against that on here. I've read way too much about big government to ever be on board with more destructive regulations.
          No I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the so called conservatives and libertarians who are calling for more govt regulation of the free market internet. They love it now because Trump is in office. But wait til Democrats get in office with these same powers. That's why you don't see Democrats pushing back against this. They know when their time comes they can expand these regulations even more. Ted Cruz & Elizabeth Warren are in lockstep on this issue. That's crazy to me

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            No I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the so called conservatives and libertarians who are calling for more govt regulation of the free market internet. They love it now because Trump is in office. But wait til Democrats get in office with these same powers. That's why you don't see Democrats pushing back against this. They know when their time comes they can expand these regulations even more. Ted Cruz & Elizabeth Warren are in lockstep on this issue. That's crazy to me
            Yeah, I didn't think you were, man. I agree. It's not very becoming to flip flop. Regulations cripple business and I am very against them. Not playing a game. It's about principles.

Comment

Hes talking about me.

I've always been very pro let the market rule. But these days and with what we're seeing with the wealth of these companies what do you guys suggest happen? I dont know the answer to that question. But I do see a problem, is more government the answer? To tell you the truth I dont know.

This has chit to do with what Trump says. The election just shed more light on what's happening and has brought it to the forefront. Now we're seeing true colors.

It's not worth arguing over it will be what it will be and the future will tell who is right and wrong on this issue. I'm a big fan of musk and I'm pretty sure hes a lot smarter than all of us. When a guy that has everything to gain suggests we check ourselves we might want to listen. That's all I'm saying.

Yeah free market online is like a rat against a elephant when it comes to Google.

MCC, for the record I dont give two chits what party you think I'm a part of. You're welcome to your views about me.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                Hes talking about me.

I've always been very pro let the market rule. But these days and with what we're seeing with the wealth of these companies what do you guys suggest happen? I dont know the answer to that question. But I do see a problem, is more government the answer? To tell you the truth I dont know.

This has chit to do with what Trump says. The election just shed more light on what's happening and has brought it to the forefront. Now we're seeing true colors.

It's not worth arguing over it will be what it will be and the future will tell who is right and wrong on this issue. I'm a big fan of musk and I'm pretty sure hes a lot smarter than all of us. When a guy that has everything to gain suggests we check ourselves we might want to listen. That's all I'm saying.

Yeah free market online is like a rat against a elephant when it comes to Google.

MCC, for the record I dont give two chits what party you think I'm a part of. You're welcome to your views about me.
                Good post, man.

As me and 1bad talked about earlier in the thread, I think government intervention is the reason a lot of these giants come along to begin with. Since I think of them as the problem, I definitely don't seek out their help.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  I need an answer to this. I'll even look at the responses of people I have on ignore to see the answer.

When Democrats come to power and they have these same powers of regulation over the internet that you're pushing for what do y'all conservatives/libertarians expect them to do???? Do you expect them to repeal these regulations? Or do you expect them to expand them?
                  Still no answer to this one. And I've checked replies....

Y'all gon get what you want but once you get it y'all ain't gon want what you got.

Comment

It's OK they'll never do anything like this to "kool liberal ppl".

Not like your last presidential primary was exposed as being completely rigged with big tech/big media deplatforming the rivals of the pre-selected nominee.

Nor did a 4-year zillion dollar witchhunt bent on illegally imprisoning the whistleblowers ensue.

Just cheer it on. They are kool yung techie doods in kool hats just like u!
                    Last edited by ////; 06-25-2019, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                      Good post, man.

As me and 1bad talked about earlier in the thread, I think government intervention is the reason a lot of these giants come along to begin with. Since I think of them as the problem, I definitely don't seek out their help.
                      Isnt Google doing work for the Government?
                      https://qz.com/1145669/googles-true-...-surveillance/
                      https://gsuite.google.com/industries/government/
                      https://www.salon.com/2014/11/16/goo...ecurity_state/

I guess the question is, should a private company that does Government work also control the net?
                      So we have ultra wealth and size
                      Government work
                      Work for other countries

To me none of that mixes well together.

Comment

Working...
                      X