No announcement yet.

Fury and Wilder are clearly several levels above Anthoy Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
    I don’t think Ruiz let him recover. I think many underestimate how good Ruiz is? He might not be best in the world but he certainly isn’t a potato either!
    Fury / Ruiz would be a bloodbath. A war.

Comment

People keep forgetting that Ruiz was supposed to be an easy fight for Joshua. Joshua failed miserably and he looked relieved when it happened. He's clearly a level or two under Fury and Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
        I’ll answer your questions in turn.

Firstly the top10 was based on current fighters, not when they fought them. If you look at boxrec the ten I chose are all actually top10 there so it’s not unreasonable selection, as I said you could potentially argue Brezeale or Kownacki. Povetkin and Pulev are both in boxrec top10 also.

Secondly when did Parker pull out of a fight with wilder , stop making BS up.

I think you missed my point overall anyway; it wasn’t even to argue AJ is the best heavyweight, but more to the fact that to dismiss him over one fight is unreasonable. He has consistently fought top opposition and lost one fight; which until he fights more we don’t know if it was a blip or more! History tells u many heavyweights have lost but still been one of the best in the division; I’m not one to overreact over one fight.
        Dismissing anyone after one loss is stupid, and it’s something casuals do. What concerns me isn’t joshua’s loss but how he lost.

That said, if it’s a similar result in the rematch, then we may be looking at David Price 2.0 after the Tony Thompson fights.

EDIT - and again, Cunningham, Chisora and Hammer were top 10 fighters prior to fighting Fury. I actually didn’t remember Cunningham being rated that highly, I’m damn glad tbrb keeps archives
        Last edited by _Rexy_; 06-16-2019, 11:00 PM.

Comment

I guess boxing nowadays isn't about facing the best opposition. It's all about staying unbeaten to stay relevant especially in this generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
            I guess boxing nowadays isn't about facing the best opposition. It's all about staying unbeaten to stay relevant especially in this generation.
            Real fans know a padded resume when they see one. An 0 means something if a guy is facing legit competition.

Comment

Working...
            X