No announcement yet.

Canelo testing positive for Clen/PEDS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
    I'm no expert on Ishida. I don't follow most low level guys.

Kirkland is also a low level guy.

It was also the weight. Khan was moving up 8 pounds to Brook's 13. GGG had always been a MW, was undefeated, and looked immortal at the time (albeit with lower level opposition).

Nonetheless Canelo and Golovkin were strong favorites.

I'm not going to look back at indivudal quotes. Most people acknowledge moving up/down 1-2 weight classes against "the guy" in the division can be a dangerous career move.

Chad Dawson got ruined by Andre Ward (LHW to SMW)

Pavlik got ruined by BHop (MW to SMW)

Hatton got ruined by Floyd (JWW to WW)

DLH got ruined by Manny (JMW to WW)

Rigo got ruined by Loma (JFW to FW)

When you move up/down 1 weight class to fight "the guy" it is a testament of character and confidence. However, with great reward comes great risk. And in all of the above scenarios the loser experienced significant changes in their career for the worse.

Kell Brook jumped to MW (moved up 2 weight classes) for GGG and lost in bad fashion, but not ruined.

Dropped back to 147 (dropping 2 weight classes) to fight Errald Spencer. Again - that fight was 4-4 after 8 rounds. When you move up and down weight classes..your stamina takes a hit. Kell gassed and Errald jumped on him.

I don't think either of those fights individually ruined Kell, but the two combined took a lot out of him. Mostly his confidence if you ask me. Back to back losses, back to back stoppages, back to back reconstructive surgery...and he was in both fights for as long as they went.

Brook was a boss.

Ya styles make fights. Who knows?

We disagree. Canelo fighting at MW was his 3rd weight class. He drew in the 1st fight and won in the 2nd fight.

Canelo legitimately fought at 155 for years and was considered "the guy" at JMW. When "B" side GGG called him out and refused to go down 1 pound...I thought to myself "he doesn't really want the fight".

And GGG didn't. He was on record refusing catchweights any time it could hurt him (refused Cotto, Canelo, and Brook), but was for catchweights against when it could benefit him (Andre Ward at 164...even though he would fight Froch or JCC Jr at 168).

GGG is a prima donna. Some people just don't see things for what they are.

In all of our discussions I've had to correct you with objective information.

You said GGG landed more punches and had better defense.

Compubox from both fights shows GGG threw 200+ more punches and landed less power punches in BOTH fights. GGG did land more jabs.

That's objective and measurable.

You said that Canelo's win over Khan was "expected" and that "nobody expected GGG to break Brook's face". In reality GGG was a larger favorite to beat Brook (BY KO/TKO) than Canelo was over Khan.

Again - that's objective.

I've twisted nothing. I just don't have a Muslin Asian-European dick in my ass
    He's not Muslim btw lol

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
      He's not Muslim btw lol
      I'm wondering if he's trolling or if he legit thinks he's Muslim.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
        I'm wondering if he's trolling or if he legit thinks he's Muslim.
        I used to think a lot of these guys are trolling about a lot of the stuff they say....but I have seen a couple people try and slight GGG by saying 'you root for a Muslim.' So who knows.

He should like this article, especially the title :0

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-scariest-man

"Not only a religious minority in a country dominated by Muslims, Golovkin was also ethnically Russian at a time his country was pulling free from the red embrace of the motherland."

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
          I used to think a lot of these guys are trolling about a lot of the stuff they say....but I have seen a couple people try and slight GGG by saying 'you root for a Muslim.' So who knows.

He should like this article, especially the title :0

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-scariest-man

"Not only a religious minority in a country dominated by Muslims, Golovkin was also ethnically Russian at a time his country was pulling free from the red embrace of the motherland."
          Yeah they're a hard group to get a handle on.

https://edmulholland.photoshelter.co...0006sgRq6m_8wo

In case they needed any more evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            Punishment is not the same for using Clen in Mexico vs. Getting caught with anything else. He got 6 months, which was a joke, but that's not the point. His reputation escaped almost without any harm.

There are threads made here weekly how Canelo was "proven clean". Most have forgotten about it by now. All of that is because of the built in excuse.

Compare this to any other athlete getting caught for PEDs. From abusers like Miller to guys like RJJ. It's mostly accepted that Roy didn't know there was bad stuff in ripped fuel, but most people still think he's a PED abuser.

Having an excuse makes a ton of difference, as it shifts the narrative from "he should watch what goes into his body" to "it's a countrywide problem and you can't blame him"
            not needing an excuse is 100 times better than having an excuse, imo he had the money and could have been using some high end undetectable(atleast until now) stuff, and his image will still be untouched and he woulndt had to cancel his rematch which cost him a lot...
            but why bother, clen will have no repercussions...

Comment

I think it is important to be consistent.

I know I have forgiven fighters (and other athletes) who have taken PEDs. I do lose a bit of respect for them. PEDs are cheating, after all.

It puts asterisks against their names, and against their careers up to the point where they got busted.

Perhaps naively, I tend to think that people who get busted won't dare try again. I know there are some who have, but most people only seem to get busted once. After enough time passes, and enough testing has occurred, I like to think that a level of trust is re-established.

Comment

Nobody has put asterisks on RJJ or Toney. Nobody cares

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                  Yeah they're a hard group to get a handle on.

https://edmulholland.photoshelter.co...0006sgRq6m_8wo

In case they needed any more evidence.
                  Very true...nice, good one

Comment

Working...
                  X