No announcement yet.

blueprint--how to ko Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
    Wilder doesn’t fight well at all going backwards. Breaz fought entirely the wrong fight...he stood right at the end of wilder’s best shot and let himself get measured.
    You think he was going to be able to move Wilder backwards?? If he tried that he'd get KTFO, then you would act smart and blame him for trying to pressure the stronger puncher.
    Every armchair QB wants to think they know it all but Wilder was just going to be too much for Breazeale tonight. You guys gotta stop trying to offer easy solutions that professional fighters and trainers somehow couldn't think of. There was NO easy path to victory for Breazeale and he would have looked like he had the wrong plan no matter what he did because they all would have failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
      Wilder doesn’t fight well at all going backwards. Breaz fought entirely the wrong fight...he stood right at the end of wilder’s best shot and let himself get measured.

this is what i said.

eliminate wilders distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        You think he was going to be able to move Wilder backwards?? If he tried that he'd get KTFO, then you would act smart and blame him for trying to pressure the stronger puncher.
        Every armchair QB wants to think they know it all but Wilder was just going to be too much for Breazeale tonight. You guys gotta stop trying to offer easy solutions that professional fighters and trainers somehow couldn't think of. There was NO easy path to victory for Breazeale and he would have looked like he had the wrong plan no matter what he did because they all would have failed.

easy bud........easssyyy......ANY big fast left hook can end any fight---especially at HVY. You know that man----

im not a pro fighter....you are not..

im just loving the game and trying to figure out how a B level guy is doing so well in the game....big right hand------solve that.

Comment

Originally posted by 493dart View Post
          this is what i said.

eliminate wilders distance.
          It's not that easy bro.

Comment

One reason I think Wilder's been so successful is that this is an era of gigantic heavyweights. Usually the conventional wisdom is that bigger is better, and it is 90% of the time but it also means that typically those huge guys aren't the most mobile and have upper bodies that are too cumbersome to move their head properly, so when someone like Wilder comes along with freak power at the end of a long reach then it's like they're sitting targets. Fury had the most success because he outreached and outmanoeuvred him, but he himself is freakish in his ability to do that, and even he got caught and almost put away. In another era where on average the heavyweights were on the whole smaller but more mobile Wilder might have struggled, but in this era he's really well adapted to succeed.

Comment

Wilders defense is not responsible. He gets hit way too much coming in. Even Breazeale managed to catch him in that first round and wobble him a bit. To KO him you got to take it to the power....not run away from it. Fight him on the inside game. Whenever Fury did that he had no answer, he doesn't have a good inside game. Go to his body, dont let him get the distance on that right hand. I know it sounds crazy as F#k that you got to force the fight to him lol. But you got to do it responsibly ofc, pick your spots and then move to the inside so he can't get leverage on his punches. Take away his power and you got him. Don't be afraid to move to the power. Easier said than done ofc.

Comment

You need a damn good chin, out range him, have good head movement/footwork and have respectable power that makes him pause and not bully you. I feel that AJ could give him problems. AJ has the skills and power to KO him. If anything, wilder has to be cautious of AJ if they ever fought.
                Last edited by Lance98; 05-19-2019, 03:35 AM.

Comment

For sure straight punches are key. You can't out power Wilder, but you can get there first.

High level defense & elusiveness to avoid that power as much as possible.

Good ring IQ & good counters. You aren't winning a battle of rage & energy with Wilder. You need to make it as much of a technical battle as possible. The less wild Wilder is the easier he'll be to beat. You wanna keep him thinking & concerned about you capitalizing off of his mistakes to shut him down as much as possible. The less punches Wilder throws the less likely for you to get ktfo.

Comment

easy bud........easssyyy......ANY big fast left hook can end any fight---especially at HVY. You know that man----

im not a pro fighter....you are not..

M.
                    WTF are you talking about with the easy stuff? You're piggybacking other people's posts now? I wasn't even addressing you in that one, in case you were confused.

I'm no pro (I have a real job and only train in boxing for health) but I've trained with and alongside numerous pro fighters and they laugh when they see guys online talking about "all you need to do". Sure, it's fun to speculate. But, as I was telling the other guy, people infinitely more experienced than you aren't able to do it so don't disrespect the sport by pretending it's so easy.

Comment

yea dude---the heavys are....not good now..
                      Obviously...dude

Comment

Working...
                      X