Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker Explains Why He Beat Andy Ruiz and Joshua Did Not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched this fight live when it happened, I thought both fighters played it a bit too safe, but you could tell that they both had good skills and were in and around the top 10. I scored it 115-113 Ruiz. How did everyone else score it? I just felt he did marginally the better work, plus he won the early rounds. I really felt he took it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
      If you watch the fight again, in actual fact A.J's footwork was pretty good up until he started getting starched. He has the ability to show good lateral movement either way.
      It was the rest of his repertoire that was off.

It's true what they say about this site. It's just a PBC/Wilder groupie site with zero objectivity with the exception of a few.
      PBC/Wilder groupie site? I am a fan of Wilder and have attended two of his title defenses. With that being said I do acknowledge his flaws. He can be wild and amateurish at times and does not utilize his size and reach the way that he should. He should also practice the art of body shot more often. It's the A.J fans who do not see reality. It's all about national pride with most brits. Good footwork and lateral movement? He is a robot, plain and simple! It's time for you to show some objectivity!

Comment

Fluffys stock went up that night more than AJs stock went down
        Last edited by lowblows420; 06-23-2019, 03:57 PM.

Comment

IF parker won that fight, it was a toss up. Parker is actually very good. he needs to develop his punching and when to sit down on a shot now and then. He has good form and could punch a lot better if he worked at it. his problem against AJ was that his punch was not really a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
            Parker Ruiz was a razor thin decision. Parker did have a totally different game plan than Joshua, he didn’t seem to want to stay in and trade, where Joshua was starched bc he stayed in too long. Basically what he said
            Parker had a chin was the primary difference. Parker could absorb Ruiz shots and give back just as hard, without wobbling around the ring like a drunk stiff body builder.

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
              Parker could not afford to stand in front of Ruiz and trade,, Parker felt the power so he got on his bike in a Tyson Fury type of boring fight.
              Andy was the Boss in that Ring, Parker don't posses the power to hurt Andy and realized it in the early rounds.
              Rematch in Mexico homeboy
              You're right about Andy.

Bro has sneakey power from good torque at the hips, planted feet and a whole lot of momentum from the excess mass on his barrel chest and arms.

He's got great stamina and heart with an excellent team around him...

BUT Parker can outbox him over 12 rounds for the win.

Rematch in Mexico sounds great!

OILSKIN FTW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cally83 View Post
                I watched this fight live when it happened, I thought both fighters played it a bit too safe, but you could tell that they both had good skills and were in and around the top 10. I scored it 115-113 Ruiz. How did everyone else score it? I just felt he did marginally the better work, plus he won the early rounds. I really felt he took it.
                Ruiz face was much more messed up than Parkers at end of the fight. But it was very close for sure.

A great fight really, 2 fastest pairs of hands in the business.

Comment

I had it even at 10 rounds with the 11th one split and Parker doing just enough to win the last 1...the championship round!

...but I wouldn't have been surprised to see Andy get the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                    Handled power shots is not part of the criteria to score a fight.

Parker won because he was the A side.

But he was not better than Andy than night, it would be better a Draw.

But Andy learned , it was a good experience
                    Andys busted face told a different story by the end of the fight.

Comment

Parker beat Ruiz with a lot of questions as to if he really beat Ruiz Parker lost to aj in my opinion because he was allowed to fight on the inside. Ruiz beat the hell out aj with no questions asked at all. With that bein said Parker May have a small point but Ruiz would beat Parker in a rematch with a ko

Comment

Working...
                      X