Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Pressure on Joshua To KO Pulev - They Will Trade Punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zelda View Post
    I have to give it to Eddie...only he can prop up a washed-up fighter like Pulev and make it seem as if there is going to be a fight. There isn't...it will only be one-way demolition.
    If Pulev was really washed up, H Fury would have smashed him because he is the king of looking amazing against deadbeats. Fury is also undisputed king of withdrawing into his no volume stance when he senses danger and real talent in his opponent

Comment

This should be an easy KO probably within 3 rounds as Pulev is an elderly bum just how Joshua likes them. Klitscho easily KO'd this guy years ago when Pulev was at his peak. The fight is just a non entity mandatory waste of space not worth paying for.
      Last edited by Robertthebruce; 02-16-2020, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
        If Pulev was really washed up, H Fury would have smashed him because he is the king of looking amazing against deadbeats. Fury is also undisputed king of withdrawing into his no volume stance when he senses danger and real talent in his opponent
        All jokes aside hughie is young and rangey and has decent movement and stamina. He doesn't lose to washed up fighters ie Samuel Peter.

Pulev is older and not as good as around the time he fought wlad(he froze and looked like **** vs wlad though) but he is still half decent basic euro boxer, he's got a jab and knows basic boxing. He looked roided up to me when he fought hughie.
        Do people remember how hyped pulev was when he was in the top contender phase? Some people thought he was the next best thing.

I might have a flutter on pulev just because of how trash I think AJ is I have very little belief in AJ after what happened in the Ruiz fight.(Ruiz 1) but in all seriousness also, pulev hasn't been relevant for some time and wlad annihilated him when he was a relevant contender. So it's a no win situation for AJ if he dominates and looks good it's expected and nobody is impressed, if he has any trouble or some how loses then he is highly criticized again. I want people to lose interest in AJ fights so he's pushed into making the fights that will reignite interest, fury and wilder or even a whyte rematch or jarrel miller once he's active again would be interesting and I'll take usyk seen as he's a new challenge at heavyweight and very credible boxer. But other than the aforementioned, looking at the ppv numbers, prior to Ruiz 2 people were getting bored of AJ. Ruiz vs AJ 1 did less than fury vs wilder and everyone says AJ is the big name , heavyweight canelo the cash cow new Floyd mayweather the A side and nobody knows or care about fury wilder but it did more in the UK than AJs US debut, the money man unified champion. People were getting bored of his competition they loved the klitschko fight and they love storylines and competetive fights I don't think people will keep turning up for povetkins and pulevs

Comment

I have to give it to Eddie...only he can prop up a washed-up fighter like Pulev and make it seem as if there is going to be a fight. There isn't...it will only be one-way demolition.

The only interesting thing that can happen during the fight is Pulev getting up in between rounds and kissing the chick with those round numbers. Usyk sounded somewhat exciting at first..but given his troubles and his performance, I am not sure if he's got any chance at the top HW division. He certainly doesn't look like the next Holyfield.

I don't know why they are delaying the Pulev fight till June. That means if AJ fights Pulev and Usyk this year, there is no exciting fight for him the entire year. I would have loved they did Pulev in March and Usyk in July, with one major fight at the end of the year. That could have been either of Fury/Wilder (preferably the winner) if a deal can be reached or a trilogy with Andy (if he shows some discipline) or even a showdown with a new fighter...Ortiz, Dubois, Joyce, etc. May Joshua wants some time off or something?
          Yes it's terrible that Joshua is having such huge gaps between fights and will end his career with so few fights. This is evidence is you ever needed it that AJ is a businessman, not a fighter. To have only had 24 fights at 30 is a disgrace, you're not giving the fans what they want to see at all.

Wilder by comparison has had 43 fights.

Comment

Even this new bouncing scared or smart (depending how you see it) version of Aj should knock this old never been Pulev, that nobody wants to see out by the middle rounds.
            Just bore Pulev to death for a few rounds then catch him with the same 1-2 that opened up Ruiz fight 2.
            But will Aj engage?
            Should have been stripped of a belt already. It will be nearly 2 year's by fight time since he had a mando. Only fighting twice a year is holding the belts hostage. Never fought a top 2 heavyweight.
            Roll on the 22nd.

Comment

Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
              You say Usyk wouldn't be exciting then mention preferring Luis Ortiz.

Did you not see how terrible he looked in the wilder rematch? He was tottering about with zero pop on his shots and Wilder was never once threatened. Then boom dropped dead with a single shot.

I don't really ever want to see that old man fight again, he's washed
              Will you watch Ruiz Ortiz if it happens?

Comment

Joshua could KO Kubrat Pulev every round and nobody would care. This week the BIG one goes down, Wilder-Fury II, Joshua knows hes holding the 'Bronze-Bomber's' belts after Deontay wrecks the Gypsy-Bum, who never lost the IBF-WBA-WBO.

Joshua and Pulev are just contenders in the 'Bronze-Era'.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
                  Will you watch Ruiz Ortiz if it happens?
                  If it's uploaded to YouTube for free then yes. Otherwise No.

Comment

Pulev's guard is way too open for hooks. Granted AJ is more comfortable firing straight shots, but so was Klitschko.

And you're not telling me they've not studied that fight where a usually cautious 'jab and grab' Klitschko completely dominated him and blasted him out with aggressive hooks and Pulev was in his prime.

Comment

The only interesting thing that can happen during the fight is Pulev getting up in between rounds and kissing the chick with those round numbers. Usyk sounded somewhat exciting at first..but given his troubles and his performance, I am not sure if he's got any chance at the top HW division. He certainly doesn't look like the next Holyfield.

I don't know why they are delaying the Pulev fight till June. That means if AJ fights Pulev and Usyk this year, there is no exciting fight for him the entire year. I would have loved they did Pulev in March and Usyk in July, with one major fight at the end of the year. That could have been either of Fury/Wilder (preferably the winner) if a deal can be reached or a trilogy with Andy (if he shows some discipline) or even a showdown with a new fighter...Ortiz, Dubois, Joyce, etc. May Joshua wants some time off or something?
                      FYI
                      Tell us Sherlock which HW Champion fights 3 times in a Year I'll wait....
                      Wilder vs Fury is a 2 fight deal
                      How can AJ fight the winner in 2020?

Comment

Working...
                      X