No announcement yet.

Canelo vs Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo vs Crawford

If Canelo could still make 147 or 154, how would a fight with Crawford plays out?

At this point Canelo would be too drained even if he could somehow still manage to get down to 154. I dont think Bud could get the KO but he would win a wide decision and deliver a beating down the stretch of the fight imo.

Comment

canelo toys with crawford.
      Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy J View Post
        At this point Canelo would be too drained even if he could somehow still manage to get down to 154. I dont think Bud could get the KO but he would win a wide decision and deliver a beating down the stretch of the fight imo.
        That would be a clear case of poetic justice but Canelo would have zero motivation to do it for anyone other than Floyd or maybe Pac.

Comment

Stylistically, it would be an interesting fight. Crawford can box on the outside, but he’s easy to hit. Canelo doesn’t have good lateral movements or footwork, but he’s better at fighting on the inside than Crawford.

Comment

Canelo's done at 147 and 154! I even see him drained at 160.

Comment

These two would match up well . Besides the weight disparity . Too much hypothetical theories to give a true breakdown for me . But in a head to head sense as is . I think It would be very competitive . Crawford as a southpaw could possibly give nelo fits . And canelo could simply break bud down. Cinnamon ain't as crude as he used to be and crawford ain't floyd . The reason I mention that is I sense that fight being brought up as a refrence and as I already thought about it I think it's a poor refrence . This is a pick em fight and as the title says assuming nelo still makes 47 I'd lean towards saul.

Comment

Hypothetically speaking, I know Canelo can’t make 147/154 anymore. This is merely a fantasy matchup about how their styles would mesh up.

Comment

I don't see him moving down, but if he did, Crawford would be a good fight. So much ring IQ in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                    If Canelo could still make 147 or 154, how would a fight with Crawford plays out?
                    Canelo probably can't make 160 comfortably anymore and he may never fight at 160 again. He would probably be very drained at 154 and he has not fought at 147 in many years so that weight is out of the question. Crawford is not a big welterweight and easily makes 147. They are too far apart in fighting weight to make a fair fight. If you could make them the same weight naturally then I think it would be an even fight but I would pick the younger Canelo to win. Canelo seems at his peak while I think the older Crawford is past his peak but still very good.

Comment

Working...
                    X