Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you call lemiuex a C level fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. Yes, he is.

Comment

He's Arthur Abraham 2.0. Somewhere between B and C rate.

Comment

I think B level. C level seems too low for an ex champion. Saunders made him looked silly but he has had some good performances in the past.

Comment

He's definitely a C-level fighter. His best win is Gabe Rosado.

Everyone has beat Rosado.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            the letter grading system is a tough one....everybody grades differently

but if you were giving lemiuex a letter grade would you consider him C level or B level?

im having a hard time...i think he really toes the line right in between them....tough to tell for me....could go either way

but i think, gun to my head, id go with C
            Boxing skills: D
            Chin: C
            Power: A

I'd go with C+.

Comment

He is a C level fighter.

Comment

I'd give him a B- and that's being generous. However, as a GGG fan, I do not think Lemiuex was ever GGG's best victory. He wrecked DL inside the distance and made it look easy. Hardly his biggest or most impressive victory. On the flip side,.... Stifling a bigger fighter in Daniel Jacobs, that came into their fight as a LHW (in all probability), and continuously snapping his head back with that piston jab was more like one of GGG better wins. Golovkin's "Best" is yet to come.

Comment

I'd say C- or D in terms of skills. Lemieux is terrible.

B and B+ are guys like Jacobs, Golovkin, Saunders, and Canelo.

We don't really have many A or A+ fighters these days. Maybe Crawford, Loma, Usyk, and Spence can make a case, as soon as they fight and defeat the best comp out there.
                  Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 01-01-2018, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasJK View Post
                    I'd give him a B- and that's being generous. However, as a GGG fan, I do not think Lemiuex was ever GGG's best victory. He wrecked DL inside the distance and made it look easy. Hardly his biggest or most impressive victory. On the flip side,.... Stifling a bigger fighter in Daniel Jacobs, that came into their fight as a LHW (in all probability), and continuously snapping his head back with that piston jab was more like one of GGG better wins. Golovkin's "Best" is yet to come.
                    i think most already acknowledge jacobs is golovkins best win....when people bring lemiuex into they say "best win before jacobs".........and when you think about it...if lemiuex is his best win before jacobs thats kind of weak....which is why many arent big believers in golovkin as some monster

you believe golovkins "best is yet to come" eh? wow...ok...maybe youre right....but that seems to go against what most are thinking these days...and even his own fans dont really believe what you said.....they often try to excuse the canelo fight by saying "canelo waited for him to get old"....even lampley says there are signs of slippage

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                      I'd say C- or D in terms of skills. Lemieux is terrible.

B and B+ are guys like Jacobs, Golovkin, Saunders, and Canelo.

We don't really have many A or A+ fighters these days. Maybe Crawford, Loma, Usyk, and Spence can make a case, as soon as they fight and defeat the best comp out there.
                      i think its safe to put loma and crawford up there for sure....kovalev, ggg, canelo are there IMO....case can be made for mikey and a few others

Comment

Working...
                      X