No announcement yet.

Sheriff explains why 'Stand Your Ground' shooter is not arrested

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post

So you’re saying, if you pull your gun out, you “have to use it no matter what”?

That’s what you’re saying, right?

Guaranteed dude wouldn’t have got busted for “brandishing a firearm” in that situation.

Also, it’s about context.

It was used in such a manner to diffuse a situation in which somebody felt threatened. (Even though dude created the whole situation himself). That my friend, is not brandishing. And even though he felt threatened, he still did not have to shoot a dude that no longer posed a threat.

What you sited would be, say for example, somebody cuts you off in traffic so you pull a gun on them to “intimidate, threaten or impress”. Dude hits on your old lady so you pull a gun to “intimidate, threaten or impress”

Basically, you can’t just arbitrarily pull out a gun on people.

No CCW but I’ve taken some gun classes as well as been around them all my life. I know enough to know that definitely ain’t “rule number 1” as you said. I also doubt you have a ccw too.

It’s all good though. You can interpret things however you like, really. Apparently dude deserved to die, right?
    Look I'm just telling you what I've been told in class and in renewal classes. Let's say he pulled that gun out and didn't shoot. Then another person pulled theirs because they saw his. Or the person without the gun tried to take it away from you because he now knows you have a gun and threatened his life. He gets the gun and shoots you.
    That part I posted wasn't from me it was from a CCW website.

No, I don't think he deserved to die over that push. I am arguing the law and not my opinion.
    Last edited by man down; 07-21-2018, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
      Look I'm just telling you what I've been told in class and in renewal classes. Let's say he pulled that gun out and didn't shoot. Then another person pulled theirs because they saw his.
      That part I posted wasn't from me it was from a CCW website.

No, I don't think he deserved to die over that push. I am arguing the law and no my opinion.
      I get what you’re saying as well as what you quoted. But you’re literally saying that if you pull out a gun, you have to use it or that will be a crime. That is simply not true. I gave you a couple examples on how it would be a crime.

Remember laws are open for interpretation.

As far as ol boy coming back with a gun, that’s very possible. Still doesn’t give him a reason to shoot him. Especially when he created that whole situation.

Comment

I get what you’re saying as well as what you quoted. But you’re literally saying that if you pull out a gun, you have to use it or that will be a crime. That is simply not true. I gave you a couple examples on how it would be a crime.

As far as ol boy coming back with a gun, that’s very possible. Still doesn’t give him a reason to shoot him. Especially when he created that whole situation.
        Like I said I dont think dude should of been killed at that point but that was his gamble to make. He may lose that gamble but I doubt it. In my class our instructor used me because of my size. Jurys take size into account. So old guy and younger bigger guy guess who the jury sides with? For a person like myself I think it's pure BS but trying explaining that to a jury.

Heres more reading info. You should really take a CCW class and exercise your right to carry.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-legal-to...ense-in-public
        Last edited by man down; 07-21-2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

No, he didn't.

According to the article the situation started because the black chick parked in a handicap spot that he had every right to. It then escalated into a verbal argument. Then the dude who got ganked further escalated it from a verbal argument into a physical one.

If she would have just parked in any of the other empty parking spot that isn't handicap then the whole situation wouldn't have materialized.

Comment

Convict speaking here.... Bish azz mo****ers, first off, **** y'all lil hoes, be all in, all the time, or get a job,....,

Aim- game less, lil wanna be G. shameless, lil azz clowns who create drama outta nothing...

Comment

Like I said I dont think dude should of been killed at that point but that was his gamble to make. He may lose that gamble but I doubt it. In my class our instructor used me because of my size. Jurys take size into account. So old guy and younger bigger guy guess who the jury sides with? For a person like myself I think it's pure BS but trying explaining that to a jury.

Heres more reading info. You should really take a CCW class and exercise your right to carry.

Oh, I carry at all times, just not legally. I’m currently working on getting my record expunged though. Hopefully after that I could have every right afforded to me as an American citizen.

And yea, size don’t mean much really. Laws are kinda screwed in that way.

I also like the “stand your ground” law and wish they had something like that out here. But again, I think dude was negligent in his whole approach being that he created the situation to begin with. In hindsight he probably shouldn’t have had a CCW.

Comment

Are you stupid on purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by badass316 View Post
                  No, he didn't.

According to the article the situation started because the black chick parked in a handicap spot that he had every right to. It then escalated into a verbal argument. Then the dude who got ganked further escalated it from a verbal argument into a physical one.

If she would have just parked in any of the other empty parking spot that isn't handicap then the whole situation wouldn't have materialized.
                  Then he should had called the cops. Not go over there and “create” a situation. Who is he to tell anybody anything. Parking in a handicap spot is not a “situation”.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    Are you stupid on purpose?
                    Is that REALLY a response convict?

Comment

Then he should had called the cops. Not go over there and “create” a situation. Who is he to tell anybody anything. Parking in a handicap spot is not a “situation”.
                      He has every right to ask someone to move if they don't have a decal to a spot he has a right to.

You don't have to call the cops for everything.

Comment

Working...
                      X