Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Jaime Munguia, Liam Smith - Go Face To Face in Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
    Yes sir he did. He with stood a barrage! Heart
    Not to mention Smith had to stop sparring quite early in camp due to a cut but obviously didn't want to pull out of fighting Canelo on such a big stage.

Don't think it would've made a huge difference but Smith is no bum.

I quite like this fight to see what Munguia is all about. He might've beat Sadam Ali but let's be honest, despite beating a shot Cotto, he belonged nowhere near 154 fighting a young strong fighter that size. I believe Liam Smith would've probably stopped Sadam Ali too, given the circumstances.

I don't think Smith is a top fighter but i'll be impressed if Munguia deals with him easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
      Munguia looks like he is from Oxnard. Has the same slow/******/Down syndrome look all the boxers from there have(Fernando Vargas and Rios).

I think it's more of him being young still. Give him a few years to get into his man appearance, and he'll probably look normal.

Both these fights should be really good. I am pulling for Machado and Munguia to win Saturday night.

Comment

smith must be wearing high heels, listed as 5'9 and muniga as 6'1? they look the same size

Either way, looking forward to this brutal beatdown.

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post

I think it's more of him being young still. Give him a few years to get into his man appearance, and he'll probably look normal.

Both these fights should be really good. I am pulling for Machado and Munguia to win Saturday night.
          same here should be some good fights.

Comment

I smell upset Smith going to embarrass this little boy

Comment

Its gonna be interesting for a couple rds. (2 or 3) Munguia will eventually break Smith down with body work and force the ref to stop the fight. TKO for Munguia.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Smith was being tested by UKAD, Canelo wasn't tested by anybody except the commission on the day of the fight. That was the price Smith had to pay to get the fight.

I'm sure he was significantly lighter than Canelo in the ring. Canelo outgrew SWW years ago.
                Could not agree more

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                  Not to mention Smith had to stop sparring quite early in camp due to a cut but obviously didn't want to pull out of fighting Canelo on such a big stage.

Don't think it would've made a huge difference but Smith is no bum.

I quite like this fight to see what Munguia is all about. He might've beat Sadam Ali but let's be honest, despite beating a shot Cotto, he belonged nowhere near 154 fighting a young strong fighter that size. I believe Liam Smith would've probably stopped Sadam Ali too, given the circumstances.

I don't think Smith is a top fighter but i'll be impressed if Munguia deals with him easily.
                  Lug, very well said!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X