Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7 million Americans are 3 months behind on car payments - dumbest people in the world

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 million Americans are 3 months behind on car payments - dumbest people in the world

A record 7 million Americans are 90 days or more behind on their auto loan payments, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York reported Tuesday, even more than during the wake of the financial crisis era.

Economists warn this is a red flag. Despite the strong economy and low unemployment rate, many Americans are struggling to pay their bills.

"The substantial and growing number of distressed borrowers suggests that not all Americans have benefited from the strong labor market," economists at the New York Fed wrote in a blog post.

A car loan is typically the first payment people make because a vehicle is critical to getting to work, and someone can live in a car if all else fails. When car loan delinquencies rise, it is a sign of significant duress among low-income and working-class Americans.

"Your car loan is your No. 1 priority in terms of payment," said Michael Taiano, a senior director at Fitch Ratings. "If you don't have a car, you can't get back and forth to work in a lot of areas of the country. A car is usually a higher priority payment than a home mortgage or rent."

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/...t-the-economy/

Who ever has monthly payments for a car is dumb as phuck

Just buy a damn car. It doesnt have to be a ballin car.

I have money but my car is shyt

Im not going to waste £30-50k on a car only to have it worth half that in 18 months. Worst investment ever.

Secondly there is no way im going to pay monthly premiums for a car. Wtf are u stupid.

I knew a dude who would pay £600 a month for his car lease. Just so he could drive a benz.

Wtf.

£600 per month gets him a nice peice of real estate. He could own a property and move tenants in on a buy to let mortgage and have the rent paid while at the same time own the property

But 7 milllion Americans behind on car payments??

Shheeeeeiiit MTV has rocked the nation

You dumb yanks

Comment

Glad I don't need a car. Was so tired of paying $250 per month just for parking, then getting worried about tickets when I parked in the wrong place or they had some stupid street cleaning.

The train and the bus as well as ride share apps is where it's at.

Comment

- -Everything about modern transportation from the single commuters to mass transportation is decades outdated.

What can we do? We can't fix the stupid of the people or the politicians.

We may evolve, but for now I can only suffer from a loser transportation system that has destroyed the pastoral and environmentally pristine community I live in.

Like pissing into the winds of war.

Comment

Great time to invest in uber

Comment

Its a great way to lose money.

Comment

That’s sad. Low paying jobs, living above your means, having kids when you know you shouldn’t have, living in a high cost of living area, leads to late bills.

My first car ever was a $1.5k used Honda Accord that drove well and had no issues. I paid cash right on the spot. It was just to get me from point A to point B.

Driving a piece of crap sucks, but you save that money you’d be spending on monthly car payments. And as long as the car has no issues then you’re actually good. Sh/t I wish I didn’t give in to getting another car but I shopped around for something that I know I can afford to pay monthly.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                That’s sad. Low paying jobs, living above your means, having kids when you know you shouldn’t have, living in a high cost of living area, leads to late bills.

My first car ever was a $1.5k used Honda Accord that drove well and had no issues. I paid cash right on the spot. It was just to get me from point A to point B.

Driving a piece of crap sucks, but you save that money you’d be spending on monthly car payments. And as long as the car has no issues then you’re actually good. Sh/t I wish I didn’t give in to getting another car but I shopped around for something that I know I can afford to pay monthly.

Buying a car on a payment plan is living above your means.

Comment

Originally posted by BALLS DEEP View Post
                  Buying a car on a payment plan is living above your means.
                  Basically ^^^^^^. However working class people live check to check. So they don't have money saved up for nothing.

Comment

Living check to check and living off credit cards - middle class.

Bad credit , car payments, dead end job - middle-class.

Poor- free/ reduce housing , food stamps, state insurance , obama phone, dead end job.

It seems it's just better to be poor in the USA. It's hard out here.

Honestly i wish i didn't get a new car two years ago. I hate car payments.

Comment

Working...
                    X