Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire fails to impress.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He ain't no Manny Pacquiao. Pacquiao Manila Ice'd Morales after he beats him in their first fight.

Comment

He looked like he really lacked confidence in himself, and is still in love with his power and tries to KO you instead of working

Comment

I had Vic up 5-2 before the stoppage. Nonito isn't in it anymore.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
          dude, he looked gun shy against a guy he already ko'd............and the so called "lesser fighters" that couldn't capitalize on donaires flaws were some of the best in & around his division..........no one was actually gonna take it to donaire in those lighter weights (apart from rigo.
          So your saying Donaire was so great at that weight after struggling with Vazquez Jr. and Matthebula?

If Vazquez Jr. and Mathebula are some of the best in and around that division? If so, its a piss poor division and Rigo needs to man up and move up. Clearly he's way too good for that division, and he's too boring for anyone to care to watch him put on clinics against lesser competition.

the dude had his soul ripped & his mind is no longer in boxing (which he openly admits) why ignore what donaire HIMSELF tells us? he tells us that he he's questioning his career in boxing. (this was before fighting vic) why ignore this......
          He's been saying the same things after all his fights few fights, expect Nishioka. He struggled with Mathebula, Vazquez, and Narvaez, and his excuse afterwards was "I didn't listen to my corner, I didn't jab, I wanted to land a big punch, etc. etc. etc..."

Like I said, Rigo may have been the nail in the coffin, but whatever distracted him outside the ring prior to the fight has been there a while... The flaws were there before the Rigo fight

if you can't see this i have no words for you.

believe what ever your agenda creates...........because the facts are quite obvious.
          Lol, I think your over emotional response caused u to forget what I was saying... I'm not arguing whether Rigo took his soul, what I'm arguing is whether Rigo taking his soul is such a great accomplishment... How does "Rigo is overrated" connect to the soul taking discussion?

All I'm saying is, Rigo is good, but is he as good as beating Donaire made him look? Donaire was clearly overrated, so how does Rigo get all this credit for beating him? (Becuz he was the underdog... )

Like I said, Rigo needs to move up in weight and fight some other "special" fighter like Mikey Garcia before I can say he's this p4p future ATG every thinks he is
          Last edited by JDezi4; 11-10-2013, 02:56 AM.

Comment

He looked bad out there. No way around it. Props to him for getting that knockout, but he didn't look like he improved from the Rigo fight. The Rigo performance is haunting him still. It's at the back of his mind.

Comment

uh oh rigo called him out on twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
                But he's looked bad against lesser opponents before the Rigo fight... The Rigo may have been the final nail in the coffin but he clearly started losing the mental edge of a champion boxer a long time ago...

It seemed more like Rigo was just able to capitalize on what the lesser fighters couldn't.

The Darchy fight looked like proof of this since he clearly looked awful, but was able to keep it close early and pull out a win
                No offense but you can't say Donaire was overrated from the start, he was favored to beat Rigo by most journalists and experts, and was picked to win on here by most people

Rigo put Donaire in time-out to ponder how good he really is

Comment

Rigo beat the prime out of Nonita

Comment

he looked like has has since montiel, or is it joining garcia?

Comment

Comming back from a loss and a injury can be difficult, maybe he looks better in his next fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X