Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fights are better for boxing Berto Vs Guerrero and Rios VS Alvarado or??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fights like Rios/Alvarado are "better" for boxing because they are more palatable to the new viewers, while still illustrating an important (and often neglected) aspect of boxing: inside fighting.

Comment

I would say Rios vs Alvarado are better for boxing in a way. I'm a hardcore fan, so while I wont claim I was jumping out of my seat for Lara vs Martirosyan, I needed to see it. The joy of being a true fan is all the different kinds of fights you can see. The exciting fighters who make money wont always be the best, and the guys who are the best won't always make big money. That's the game.

Comment

Berto and Guerrero becuz both Berto and Guerrero can box too...

Its like Oscar vs Mosley, they have a war, but they can also use the sweet science...

Rios vs Alvarado is just 2 brawlers... 2 Rocky Balboa's... Its entertaining, but its not boxing

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
          I like both styles also but dont you think fights like Rios Vs Alvarado are more pleasing for fans than Lara VS Armenian or Lara VS Molina.. IMO boxing would die if all fighters fought like Lara or Rigo..
          This is a very sad statement. .soo in your opinion boxers should forget about defence, head movement, footwork and many boxing generals and go to brawl and get hit with everything that the other guy thru....sad..very sad..with fans like you boxing will die and street fights and brawlers will take the sport..

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
            I like both styles also but dont you think fights like Rios Vs Alvarado are more pleasing for fans than Lara VS Armenian or Lara VS Molina.. IMO boxing would die if all fighters fought like Lara or Rigo..
            a great slugfest like rios-alvarado is always whats best for the sport and it aint like rios or alvarado werent showing skills in there.

Comment

Rigo is boring and i'm glad Donaire isn't fighting that hype job.

Comment

Guerrero - Berto could have been as good as Rios - Alvarado if Berto actually knew how to deal with Robert's offense. It could have been a more skillful showcase version of Rios-Alvarado but since Berto decided to clinch the whole night that wasn't the case. Still a good fight though. I'm glad Robert didn't get robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                  Guerrero - Berto could have been as good as Rios - Alvarado if Berto actually knew how to deal with Robert's offense. It could have been a more skillful showcase version of Rios-Alvarado but since Berto decided to clinch the whole night that wasn't the case. Still a good fight though. I'm glad Robert didn't get robbed.
                  im actually surprised robert didnt get robbed, i thought he would, lol, the announcers made it seem like the fight was even , it was a great action fight that berto was getting whooped on , berto landed shots but he was never in the fight at all

Comment

Working...
                  X