Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Erik Morales vs Manny Pacquiao - Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
    Excellent post. People point to the Hatton and Cotto fight but NEITHER had Morales' right hand to the body/head nor were they able to gauge distance as well as Morales did.

Don't even get me going on comparing Morales' chin to Hatton's or Cotto's. No offense to Hatton or Cotto but Morales was granite in his prime.
    Pac to this day still cant convincingly beat JMM for the same reasons he lost to morales the first time. Good counter punchers will always give him trouble. His weight jumping is a bit of a charade with carefully matched fighters and the promotions themselves are proof, every time we heard over and over again how hatton or margarito were soooo much bigger than pac when they fit his style perfectly so that pac would look good.

Comment

Arum only ever used Mayweather's name to get Pacquaio free air time in the news. He never at any point was serious about that fight. Mayweather's style is everything that troubles pacquaio and hes bitter at mayweather/gbp on top of it all.

"We have no interest in working with Golden Boy" - Bob Arum, November 14, 2012

It dont get more clear than that.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
        Pac to this day still cant convincingly beat JMM for the same reasons he lost to morales the first time. Good counter punchers will always give him trouble. His weight jumping is a bit of a charade with carefully matched fighters and the promotions themselves are proof, every time we heard over and over again how hatton or margarito were soooo much bigger than pac when they fit his style perfectly so that pac would look good.
        Yes because Morales fights like Marquez (counter punching) and to beat Pacquiao you have to be aggressive come forward do or die attitude like the way Oscar, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Mosley, Margarito who beat Pacquiao.

Comment

Grade A post my man.

Comment

Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
            I think Morales has this in the bag. He was a great fighter in his prime but we all have to agree that Manny got the Morales that was finished and still put up one last good fight.
            Morales was 24 year old only when Barrera beat his ass. So you mean this green young Morales was already in his prime and yet must be already past his prime because he lost to Barrera right? No? Why? Because he won easily his next 7 fights including the 2nd Barrera fight where a lot of people said he won it, right? LMAO. You should clarify to us in what age Morales was on his prime because as you said when 28 year old Morales fought Pacquiao the first time he was already past his prime. I got a headache thinking may the 25, 26, 27 year old young Morales who won his every fights easily all of the sudden became past his prime whe he was about to fight Pacquiao. SMH! You should point it out in what age Morales was in his prime. At 25? 26? or 27?
            Last edited by whirlwind; 11-14-2012, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
              Morales was 24 year old only when Barrera beat his ass. So you mean this green young Morales is in his prime and yet must be already past his prime because he lost to Barrera right? No? Why? Because he won easily his next 7 fights including the 2nd Barrera fight where a lot of people said he won it, right? LMAO. You should clarify to us in what age Morales was on his prime because as you said when 28 year old Morales fought Pacquiao the first time he was already past his prime. I got a headache thinking may the 25, 26, 27 year old young Morales who won his every fights easily all of the sudden became past his prime whe he was about to fight Pacquiao. SMH!

Were you even watching boxing at that time? All 3 fights with morales-barrera were close. Barrera did not "beat his ass"

Comment

Were you even watching boxing at that time? All 3 fights with morales-barrera were close. Barrera did not "beat his ass"
                Ok. Now tell us in which age Morales was on his prime, He must be too green at 25 because he lost to Barrera even though it was close. Maybe at 26? as what you trying to say, I assumed Morales was already in a decline at the age of 27 because again as what you said he was already past in his prime at 28 against Pacquiao.

Assuming Morales was on his prime at 26 after winning easily his next fights after the Barrera loss at 25. Then most probably at 27 he was declining and by 28 he was already past his prime.

26 prime
                27 declining
                28 past his prime

in matter of just 3 years? LMAO
                Last edited by whirlwind; 11-14-2012, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
                  Ok. Now tell us in which age Morales was on his prime, He must be too green at right 24 because he lost to Barrera even though it was close. Maybe at 25? 26? as what you trying to say, I assumed Morales was already in a decline at the age of 27 because again as what you said he was already past in his prime at 28 against Pacquiao.
                  WTF are you talking about noob. Morales lost a close fight to barrera. Barrera is an ATG. You are the one messing up facts and exaggerating. You werent watching boxing then. I took issue with you unable to accurately describe Morales-Barrera 2.

Comment

WTF are you talking about noob. Morales lost a close fight to barrera. Barrera is an ATG. You are the one messing up facts and exaggerating. You werent watching boxing then. I took issue with you unable to accurately describe Morales-Barrera 2.
                    Still you didn't answer the question. You said Morales was past it at 28. I assume he was declining at 27 but then he lost to Barrera at 25 although it was close. Now the logical answer is....he was already in his prime at the age of 26 right?
                    Last edited by whirlwind; 11-14-2012, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
                      Still you didn't answer the question. You said Morales was past it at 28. I assume he was declining at 27 but then he lost to Barrera at 25 although it was close. Now the logical answer is....he was already in his prime at the age of 26 right?
                      Morales was past it at 130. Has nothing to do with age. No one ages the same. His prime was probably around his win over Zaragoza to around 2002 or so. That's a long prime for anyone with the amount of wars he has had and for how long he'd have boxed.

For reference- Benitez was completely shot by 26/27 by the way and he even took a lot less damage than Morales in his career.

Barrera was actually considered on the downside in the first Morales fight in 2000. Morales was expected to win the fight easy because Barrera had just been KO'd and beaten up not too long ago.
                      Last edited by Fasttimes; 11-14-2012, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X