No announcement yet.

There is $$$$ for Sergio at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is $$$$ for Sergio at 160

JCC jr fight would be big fight probable his biggest pay day yet and a Sturm fight would be HUGE money in Germany.

I agree. It would also add to any mega-fight next year. I think he could take care of both these guys by the end of the year or early next year, barring a cut/injury.

Nonetheless, I think Chavez might fight him, considering he's being forced, but I think Sturm avoids this fight like vaginas with warts.

Comment

Originally posted by THe TRiNiTY View Post
      I agree. It would also add to any mega-fight next year. I think he could take care of both these guys by the end of the year or early next year, barring a cut/injury.

Nonetheless, I think Chavez might fight him, considering he's being forced, but I think Sturm avoids this fight like vaginas with warts.

Sturm probable isn't coming to the US(why would he?) but no way in hell he turns down a fight in Germany against Sergio

Comment

Why even bring up the name Felix Sturm? The guy only fights mandatory bums in Germany and he is absolutely content with that. He loses serious amounts of $$ if he loses his belt. He's not risking it. EVER.

People fail to realize that guys that don't fight on TV in the States are perfectly happy taking their belt hostage and making tons of money with no pressure from the networks in their respective country. It is RARE to see fighters with belts actually want to fight other top belt holders in their division. The only ones that currently WANT to do it that I can think of are the Klitschko's and Timothy Bradley. Everyone else is either forced to by HBO or Showtime or have no other choice because the division is weak(see Ivan Calderon).

Comment

Chavez would get beat up something bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            Sturm probable isn't coming to the US(why would he?) but no way in hell he turns down a fight in Germany against Sergio
            Honestly, I think he does. Because I don't think he has the balls to assume it lasts the distance, which is the only chance he has. Martinez stops him.

Comment

Sturm is a Euro-pus.sy, he'd never step in the ring with Martinez. I doubt a bum beater like Chavez would either, but I see that a more likely possibility. Then again Arum is there to prevent any non top rank fighter from touching his precious assets.

In a perfect world, I'd like to see Chavez-Martinez (easy pay day for Martinez but a fun fight nonetheless) and Pirog-Kirkland on a HBO doubleheader in the summer with the winners facing off at the end of the year. I know, I know, this is an unrealistic plan.......

Comment

haha, that would be awesome. i say he goes to germany to fight sturm, but i doubt theyll even reach any type of agreement. i think it would be dope if he fights lee or chavez jr, and maybe pirog or kirkland afterwards....it would be awesome for kirkland/pirog to happen and winner takes martinez. who knows, martinez has quite a few options, i just hope he continues to put on great performances...

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Sturm is a Euro-pus.sy, he'd never step in the ring with Martinez. I doubt a bum beater like Chavez would either, but I see that a more likely possibility. Then again Arum is there to prevent any non top rank fighter from touching his precious assets.

In a perfect world, I'd like to see Chavez-Martinez (easy pay day for Martinez but a fun fight nonetheless) and Pirog-Kirkland on a HBO doubleheader in the summer with the winners facing off at the end of the year. I know, I know, this is an unrealistic plan.......
                  haha, i seriously posted the same idea at the same time...this plan would be great for boxing..

Comment

He was a light middleweight recently, he should stay at 160 for awhile anyways.

Comment

Working...
                    X