Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Juan Manuel Lopez interview. Talks about his upcoming fight with Marquez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Juan Manuel Lopez interview. Talks about his upcoming fight with Marquez.

I translated it so it would make sense. The google translate tool sucks balls...

All conditions may seem to be against him, but Juan Manuel "Juanma" Lopez does not care that the clash against Rafael Marquez is time framed around the celebration of the independence of Mexico.

In fact, the reigning bantamweight World Boxing Organization (WBO), said he will use the occasion to become the best 126 pounder there is at the moment.

"All that will serve as motivation. Miguel Cotto was right when he said that come fight time it's just you and your opponent. That's how I see it. There may be thousands of Mexicans, but in the ring it will be just me and Marquez. I have no doubt that I will win, "Lopez said yesterday.

Primera Hora: What will happen when you start the verbal jabs between you guys?

"We have not had the best [verbal exchanges]. I don't know if he doesn't like me, if I am too humble, or if Marquez is too serious, but he thinks he walks on air. He never salutes me, but I don't care as long as he fights me."

Do you understand that you are in position to take the place of the renowned figures in the division?

"Definitely. I have all the tools necessary to beat him (Marquez). It's a matter of doing my job, not allowing the public distract me from my goal. Marquez is a great fighter who can take lots of punches and has alot of heart, but my style and my counter-punching will define the fight. I don't think it's going the distance (12 rounds). It will end by knockout because we are both warriors who are going to give it our all. This is my moment and it's time to prove it. "

The match has been tentatively scheduled for Sept. 18 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"These are things one dreams about. Everything happened too fast and now I'm just living day to day, "he said.

http://www.primerahora.com/juanmanue...to-399979.html

Rafa's kinda surly, lol. I can totally picture him snubbing just about anyone.

He's a little badass.

Comment

I can't find exactly what was said. Everytime I try to google it I just keep getting results about the damn soccer player.

Comment

Bump. Anyone know?

Comment

Working...
        X