Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Lakers better of having Lamar Odom start?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

artest has been playin good lately

Comment

to answer the question, yes and no

the offense runs more efficiently when you have the LO-Pau tandem and it helps establish a rhythm

but, the downside is, you dont have that extra boost off the bench and if Farmar and Brown aren't hitting, its pretty anemic

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post

the offense runs more efficiently when you have the LO-Pau tandem and it helps establish a rhythm

but, the downside is, you dont have that extra boost off the bench and if Farmar and Brown aren't hitting, its pretty anemic
        why wont you have the extra boost off the bench? Its probably a bigger & better boost off the bench. I think you are looking at the situation now with Bynum injuried but he's saying when Bynum comes back. You would then have Bynum off the bench which would be a boost in itself but I think he would make guys like Famar & Brown look way better when they can throw it into him, he gets doubled, and then kicks it out

Comment

what he said

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            ok then cool. I was just listening to Legler or one of those guys who said that the Artest thing has hurt and you guys were better last year. RealGM is where I saw the Lakers fans getting on Kobe alot and some of them were die hard Kobe fans who always take up for him. This wasnt other teams fans talking smack. They were Laker fans and the majority of them did blame it on Kobe. Ill try to pull some of it

Thats your problem right there.

Hes a moron.

I think Bynum is better off the bench as it gives him more of a commanding role rather than having to wait in line for his shots.

Comment

Originally posted by TortillaWarrior View Post

Thats your problem right there.

Hes a moron.

I think Bynum is better off the bench as it gives him more of a commanding role rather than having to wait in line for his shots.

true but I swear I may just be catching it at the wrong time or something but I think everytime I watch the Lakers, Artest basically never makes a shot. He misses everything everytime I watch, lol

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                why wont you have the extra boost off the bench? Its probably a bigger & better boost off the bench. I think you are looking at the situation now with Bynum injuried but he's saying when Bynum comes back. You would then have Bynum off the bench which would be a boost in itself but I think he would make guys like Famar & Brown look way better when they can throw it into him, he gets doubled, and then kicks it out

Bynum (damn Tua's gonna eat this up) needs people to create for him...when you 1-position players like Farmar and Brown, sometimes the offense stalls and doesnt get pounded down low as when the 1st unit plays...also, coming off the bench, there is NOONE that commands a double team whereas you have Kobe and Pau in the 1st unit that free up room and create mismatches for Drew

and taking away the injury aspect of it, i've seen Drew's play deteriorate when being relegated to sub duty

the perfect balance is to have a healthy Bynum that stays out of foul trouble cleaning up the glass with Pau and then allowing LO to lead a 2nd unit that has a tendency to stray and blow 20pt leads

Comment

Im a firm believer in not fixing something that's not broken. Ariza won it with the lakers, and they did it with ease.. But......

Ron is now just understanding his role is completely defense. He won't get more then 5-7 shots a game, and anymore is not good for the team. Since he started realizing that, it's been better.

I think Odom should be a starter to. I don't really like them having Gasol, and Bynum in at the same time. They clog the lanes for each other.

Comment

Bynum (damn Tua's gonna eat this up) needs people to create for him...when you 1-position players like Farmar and Brown, sometimes the offense stalls and doesnt get pounded down low as when the 1st unit plays...also, coming off the bench, there is NOONE that commands a double team whereas you have Kobe and Pau in the 1st unit that free up room and create mismatches for Drew

and taking away the injury aspect of it, i've seen Drew's play deteriorate when being relegated to sub duty

the perfect balance is to have a healthy Bynum that stays out of foul trouble cleaning up the glass with Pau and then allowing LO to lead a 2nd unit that has a tendency to stray and blow 20pt leads
                    Damn Mak, maybe Ive overrated Bynum. Its funny because I was watching a show the other day and the guy said that maybe the Lakers are also realizing that maybe Bynum will never be the player they thought he would be and the other guy agreed with him. I said to myself that I thought Bynum was playing well. I then checked his stats and they looked good but again, this is like the 1st year where I havent watched much of the Lakers so now I have to ask you about your comments. Was I wrong in thinking that Bynum was a great low post one on one scorer right now?

It sounds like you are saying that he's not and that he needs others to set him up or take pressure off of him. I do see him get alot of easy dunks off of dishes, or alley oops, and stuff like that. If he was like the #1 guy on a team right now that was straight halfcourt and he had to score either one or one or through double teams alot, could he do it? I thought he could but it seems like the others and yourself are saying he's basically a guy who needs help right now and cant fully dominate on his own or with his own moves alone

Comment

Originally posted by gancho_al_igado View Post
                      Starting Lamar and bringing in Bynum off the bench?, it seems to me their more versatile when hes on the floor, Bynum and Gasol dont seem to play that well together.
                      Bynum C
                      Gasol PF/C
                      Odom PF

Thats how they should roll. Each have their advantages/disadvantages.

Bynum-Gasol = Best for Rebounding Size advantage
                      Bynum-Odom = Rebounding Size + versatility
                      Gasol - Odom = Best for versatility but lacking in low post size

they should roll all 3 combos to keep teams guessing.
                      Last edited by -Swizzy-; 03-25-2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X