Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Steward praises Joshua Clottey, says he would be a rough fight for hearns, SRL.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Steward praises Joshua Clottey, says he would be a rough fight for hearns, SRL.

"......Miguel has been a little inconsistent and has been in some rough fights. In the last fight with (Joshua) Clottey, I don’t criticize him the way some of the other people did because Clottey is a fighter I would not want any fighter to fight. He would have been a rough fight for Sugar Ray Leonard, for Tommy Hearns, and for any other welterweights in history. He’s that type of a guy with very tight defense, very strong, very good stamina, and the biggest advantage that you have when you fight him is that the last two rounds, oftentimes, he doesn’t punch. He’s relaxed, and when he does punch, he’s effective. For myself, I think I slightly may have had him (Clottey) ahead on rounds,....The point is, I respect anyone who fights Clottey. Clottey is a tough, tough guy."

Manny Steward hit the nail on the head. Clottey is a tough SOB sadly he has bad luck.

Comment

Actually, He's not that good.

Comment

Clottey wouldn't be such a loser if he could close the show in the later rounds.

He is a huge WW that is very strong with a turtle shell defense, but he is beatable.

Comment

Clottey is a tough out in any era. Hearns and Leonard would obviously beat him but he wouldn't be a bum at welterweight then.

Comment

Clottey isnt an elite WW, but it takes an elite WW to beat him. Or a walking punching bag with an unbelievable chin and great workrate.

Comment

that's really high praise

Comment

Originally posted by fabzmm View Post
                "......Miguel has been a little inconsistent and has been in some rough fights. In the last fight with (Joshua) Clottey, I don’t criticize him the way some of the other people did because Clottey is a fighter I would not want any fighter to fight. He would have been a rough fight for Sugar Ray Leonard, for Tommy Hearns, and for any other welterweights in history. He’s that type of a guy with very tight defense, very strong, very good stamina, and the biggest advantage that you have when you fight him is that the last two rounds, oftentimes, he doesn’t punch. He’s relaxed, and when he does punch, he’s effective. For myself, I think I slightly may have had him (Clottey) ahead on rounds,....The point is, I respect anyone who fights Clottey. Clottey is a tough, tough guy."
                That's how it is,Manny said it right,give Cotto his respect for the win,but know it could have gone either way!!If Clottey threw 20 more punches than his average a round,he would be undefeated!!

Comment

Clottey would not give Sugar Ray much trouble...little output good chin, decent pop. Sugar Ray would put on a show like he did against Duran the 2nd time...

Clottey aint in Leonard's league...and he aint neva fought some1 like Hearns either

Comment

It's true. Clottey has a very hard style to work with. He don't give a **** about looking pretty or making it an exciting fight. He is tough as nails, has decent power and underrated hand speed. He can and has been giving hell for any WW out there.

Comment

Working...
                    X