Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr. or James "Lights Out" Toney?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
    That is true, but Im sure his still a hofer though
    I've always wanted to see Toney vs Hopkins...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      Jones goes to HW and beats Ruiz which is fine. Toney did the same even easier probably, but it was called a NC from steroids (not that it would have made any difference but it was still ****ed from Toney the idiot). But, Toney also beat Holyfield, Peter (even though it was given to Peter it was a ridiculous decision which in no way Peter won so I'm going to include it just because it should be a win) plus a series of other very good wins like Guinn, Booker, Rahman (again a BS decision rematch) etc, whereas Jones' career was up by then.

John Ruiz was in great shape against Roy Jones.He was fat and out of shape against Toney.

Sam Peter also gave fat toney an immediate rematch and pitched a virtual shutout over him.Toney got a gift over Oquendo and never gave him a rematch,just like Toney got a gift over McCallum and wouldn't give him a rematch until McCallum was fat and feather fisted.

Holyfield was shot and doesn't count.

Comment

Roy embarrassed Toney. People can make all the excuses they want for why but bottom line is Roy completely dominated him. He was consistently great for a decade, Toney only had spurts where he lived up to his talent.

Comment

toney put in more work at heavyweight and cruiserweight than jones. 175 and below belongs to roy. roy was more consistent but toney's stayed decent for awhile longer. both have more than a handful of good to great names on their resume. imo it's a bit of a tossup, but roy's complete dominance for so long will be remembered more. he'll get into the hof easier than james.

if the question were "who would you rather watch" or "who ranks higher on your personal favorite list" toney wins by a mile for me.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseySugar View Post
            Roy and it aint close.........
            This. It's not really a debate.

Comment

Originally posted by T.McGrady View Post
              I've always wanted to see Toney vs Hopkins...
              It almost happened back in 93 when Hopkins was the no 2 mando for Toneys IBF belt, but Toney decided to move up and take on Barkley for more money. It alsmost happened again in 2003, but Hopkins backed out.

Comment

Working...
              X