HELP TIPS: 145 vs. 235

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP TIPS: 145 vs. 235

ok , heres the scenario:

I weigh in at 145lbs, 6'1". The guy I spar at my gym weighs 235lbs, 6'2". First of all I know I shouldn't be sparing with him, really its all I got. Anyways, I know I can beat him, but I don't know how to accomplish this. What are some suggestions??

If know you can you should know how to then. But thats a pretty big question considering we dont know how you fight and such. When i spar the heavies i usualy just go right at them make it an inside battle and score with quicker shots. and since im so close it smothers their power.

Comment

Originally posted by VBoxer View Post
      ok , heres the scenario:

I weigh in at 145lbs, 6'1". The guy I spar at my gym weighs 235lbs, 6'2". First of all I know I shouldn't be sparing with him, really its all I got. Anyways, I know I can beat him, but I don't know how to accomplish this. What are some suggestions??
      well for one you HAVE to be way faster than he is... use your footmovement... u gata think of the things that your better at and use them to your advantage... think of his weaknesses and use them against him

Comment

Originally posted by Kayo View Post
        If know you can you should know how to then. But thats a pretty big question considering we dont know how you fight and such. When i spar the heavies i usualy just go right at them make it an inside battle and score with quicker shots. and since im so close it smothers their power.
        also not a bad idea

Comment

yeah hes a little out of shape. he is a big guy though, with power and has a longer reach then i do

Comment

I would find a new sparring partner. You aren't going to gain much from him.

Comment

i sparred a 250 pounder..and im 145..go for the body alot the first round and by the 2nd his hands will be real real low..then you can have fun wit it.

Comment

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
                i sparred a 250 pounder..and im 145..go for the body alot the first round and by the 2nd his hands will be real real low..then you can have fun wit it.
                Or get your head taken off when you drop your glove to go for that body shot Not all big guys are terribly slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Count Patron View Post
                  Or get your head taken off when you drop your glove to go for that body shot Not all big guys are terribly slow.
                  Truth.

Im one of the biggest guys in my gym and I have the fastest handspeed.

Comment

Working...
                  X