No announcement yet.

Official Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

b

This is nuts, this dude must be making a kiling now.

Where ya at, Panda, Billeau, and Sugar Adam?

Comment

Wire me $5,000. I'll give you a 23.7% ROI by the end of the month. Promise.

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
        I got my money invested in Cyberdyne Systems, they are developing this thing call Skynet a “global digital defense network” that would eliminate the human component (slow and fallible) in responding to military threats.

Sounds good. I am in

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
          Sounds good. I am in

that's from the movie Terminator

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            Do you still not see any profit? Even people who are all in on it say that bitcoin should be not viewed and treated as an investment. It's (bitcoin) currently valued at like 6,500/US but it seems to be all over the place every other week.
            I have made a nice chunk of $ from trading bitcoin mostly purely by luck, but trading not mining. Mining, the investment would be too large to see profit at this point. There are massive mining farms in cold climates with cheap electricity and use the cloud and users for hash power so I think it's too late to get into that game if you want a return of any kind. I personally think that so much electricity being used is potentially a huge problem alongside everything else that's a problem already (slow confirmations, high transaction fees, inability to pay for something without having to spend more because the rates changed, the use of it by criminal orgs and governments wanting control of financial systems in their countries). I do see the benefit in third world countries where their currencies are even more volatile then bitcoin and in fairness, some of those problems definitely could be fixed.

Investment, store of value, new asset class I don't really think about it like that. Most of what I made was for a simple get in and get out quick speculative gamble. I haven't planned on holding this for years like I would anything else I have invested in though I have some tucked away it's money I can afford to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
              Wire me $5,000. I'll give you a 23.7% ROI by the end of the month. Promise.
              Let's do it, complete stranger.

Comment

My buddy tried to get me into it so istarted to look into it last week.

And than Bit coin and bit coin cash took a major loss yesterday. bit coin cash lost 40%. Jist a few days before it was being pumped up as the next bit coin.

Unless your running the show and know exactly what's on and when to sell, this isn't the game for you. It's shady as fck, and these tactics they use won't work forever.

Comment

I'm an investor but I've steered clear of Bitcoin. It seem like too risky an investment on so many different levels. With publicaly traded stocks, their are investor protections set by the SEC and PCAOB. Also, I remember reading an article several years ago saying that thousands of Bitcoins were stolen from this Mt. Gox Bitcoin trading company. Unlike banks covered by the FDIC, Bitcoin is not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mt._Gox

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    Let's do it, complete stranger.
                    That's the American spirit. Trust everyone and question nothing. Buy everything that you can't afford and marry - divorce, marry - divorce over and over again.

Don't forget to get your gigantic German Shepard named Rocco.

Take up hunting and dipping tobacco.

Cuz if you don't hunt animals who can't defend themselves and you don't dip tobacco, you're a pvssy and unamerican!

Comment

oh its profitable if you know what your doing and have a plan of attack.

most people think they can just put a cheap ass rig together untill they realize the electricity bill is gonna kill them.

build yourself a lil solar power setup, or steal electricity, set up a rig with maybe 2 gpus, mine the smaller coins and use a cypto trade site like coinbase or something to trade those smaller coins into the more popular coins btc, eth, litecoin, zcash and once your setup made you some profits put that into a new gpu etc etc. till you have a good producing setup. Your not gonna get rich what your hoping for is to mine at a lower value and in time their value will go up.

BTC last year was 250-300$ a coin now its like 6grand a coin, that a profit of like 5700. Now at face value when those coins were mined 250 is nothing but the investment paid off but it could have went south and btc could have flop and those coins would have been worth nothing. Thats why i say build yourself a solar setup so when you done with this you can still have something of value. Imagine if you just paid your electricy bill 600 a month and btc floped you out all your time and the money you paid the bill but if your built a solar setup you would have kept the money inhouse at least.

its not for everyone.
                      Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 11-15-2017, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X