Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Margarito Has August Return Date, Still Eyes Miguel Cotto Trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tijuana Toronado isnt "eyeing" a damn thing these days. Tijuana Toronado is a fitting name seeing as (pun intended) a Tornado has only 1 eye.

I would say to Cotto, give Margs the fight. In San Juan, with 3 PR judges, a PR Ref, on PR Day weekend, and a 90/10 split.

Otherwise Plaster Wraps can go kick rocks. Nobody cares what trilogy he wants. And for the record, Margs gets stopped again.

Chin and stupidity are always the last 2 things to abandon a boxer. Margs has both in copious amounts.
    Last edited by MikeRo1972; 06-08-2017, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
      Fighting scared and getting helped by the referee and doctor isnt what you call " revenge ".

Lol revenge
      I agree that fight was stopped right when Cotto seemed to have exhausted his resources ja ja with 3 rnds left and Margarito looking pumped!

Comment

Originally posted by eternalfighter View Post
        I agree that fight was stopped right when Cotto seemed to have exhausted his resources ja ja with 3 rnds left and Margarito looking pumped!
        One difference he was lacking his greatest weapon. Brick hands and the ref knew that no mater how many times he punched Cotto it would not make a difference so he saved Cheatos face

Comment

I always thought the accusations against Margarito were shady after how Richardson was alowed to take the wraps to their locker room with no one from the Margarito corner and no cameras. And how he tried to screw Trinidad and worse! How the Cunningham corner led by Richardson got caught cheating in the fight against Glowacki and the corupt commission turned a blind eye. If you look into Richardson you will find he is a cheat, he has zero credibility.

Comment

Capetillo copped to the plaster wrap in the Mosely fight during a Ring interview. However, what's shady is how Margarito became a power beast starting with Cintron. Normally, once the level of opposition is stepped up the power is diminished because of the quality of fighter in the other corner. Margarito went from being a durable pressure fighter against average fighters, to a power monster vs the top fighters of the time. To me that's what's shady.

Capetillo: "I still think of him like my son, and my love for him is not going to go away because we were separated. None of this was his fault. I’m responsible for everything that happened because I’m the one who wrapped his hands. It was my mistake.”

https://www.******.com/124655-capeti...d-wrap-scandal\

"******" = r i n g t v
            Last edited by MikeRo1972; 06-08-2017, 09:26 AM. Reason: Ammending statement

Comment

Originally posted by eternalfighter View Post
              I always thought the accusations against Margarito were shady after how Richardson was alowed to take the wraps to their locker room with no one from the Margarito corner and no cameras. And how he tried to screw Trinidad and worse! How the Cunningham corner led by Richardson got caught cheating in the fight against Glowacki and the corupt commission turned a blind eye. If you look into Richardson you will find he is a cheat, he has zero credibility.
              i dont think marg had plaster but i believe his team prolly did something dirty though like alter the gloves a bit. because if they were really innocent, they would have fought for this til the end, which kinda didnt seem like it. marg and his team were kinda just like oh well whatever.

Comment

War Margarito!!! Still holding out hope for him to fight Mayorga, in the battle of the villains!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
                  Tijuana Toronado isnt "eyeing" a damn thing these days. Tijuana Toronado is a fitting name seeing as (pun intended) a Tornado has only 1 eye.

I would say to Cotto, give Margs the fight. In San Juan, with 3 PR judges, a PR Ref, on PR Day weekend, and a 90/10 split.

Otherwise Plaster Wraps can go kick rocks. Nobody cares what trilogy he wants. And for the record, this time, Margs gets stopped again for his own health. Chin and stupidity are always the last 2 things to abandon a boxer. Margs has both in copious amounts.
                  and watch cotto gets beat in his own turf? lol. not gon happen. cotto is smarter than that.

if cotto really did offer marg did, i bet you marg would take it! to me, it doesnt seem like its about money to marg because honestly a fight with cotto aint gonna earn marg that much money. this is personal to him.

Comment

You give Margs too much credit. Didnt his exwife wipe him clean financially? Its always about the money.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
                      You give Margs too much credit. Didnt his exwife wipe him clean financially? Its always about the money.
                      but how much would a cotto vs marg 3 make though? lol. its not like marg is gonna earn a career high pay day fighting cotto at this point of their career. this is more personal and the money is just an added bonus. if its about money then marg would be fighting anyone he can get because that's about the same he'll make if cotto was to give him a rematch. a 3rd fight will not sell anymore between these 2.

Comment

Working...
                      X