Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this true? since 1980, california built 22 prisons and 1 university?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    No one beats CA. MA elected a Rep Senator (Brown) just a few years ago, and Mitt Romney was their Governor as late as 2007. I can't remember the last time CA sent anyone but an extreme liberal to the US Senate.

That said, MA is pretty liberal. They kept sending Ted Kennedy to the US Senate for decades, despite the fact he was a drunkard who killed a woman, solely because he was a D.
    Not going to sit here and say that California isn't a liberal stronghold.

We have had a Republican governor not to long ago ourselves.

Had a run of about 16 years of them back in the 80's and almost of all of the 90's with Deukmejian and Wilson. Can go back to the bastion of conservative talking heads with Reagan.

Prop 8 was back in 2008.

Had the death penalty on the books until 2014 or so, even thought the state hadn't ran a execution since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyCage View Post
      I love memes like this. Another false equivalency. How are prisons and state sponsored schools supposed to have the same growth rate? Or better yet, how is a rational person coming to this conclusion? Does the creator of the meme know that California already has numerous universities? Smh

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
        I love memes like this. Another false equivalency. How are prisons and state sponsored schools supposed to have the same growth rate? Or better yet, how is a rational person coming to this conclusion? Does the creator of the meme know that California already has numerous universities? Smh

this one is pro-jail becaue he works for 13.50 an hour as a "corrections officer," AKA a babysitter for caged animals.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          this one is pro-jail becaue he works for 13.50 an hour as a "corrections officer," AKA a babysitter for caged animals.
          I thought he was a fat cop?

Comment

geo, cornell or corrections corp - invest.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
              geo, cornell or corrections corp - invest.
              This might be too intellectual of a read for most Boxing Sceners, but it covers in detail how Cornell Corrections has ties to Wall Street investment bank Dillon Read, to Brown & Root, and to possible narcotics trafficking.

To those who don't know Brown & Root became KBR which was a subsidiary of Halliburton.

http://www.dunwalke.com/9_Cornell_Corrections.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                Not going to sit here and say that California isn't a liberal stronghold.

We have had a Republican governor not to long ago ourselves.
                Party matters not. That guy was quite liberal based on his beliefs.

Prop 8 was back in 2008.
                What Prop was that? Sorry, I'm not a Californian so I'm not sure.

Had the death penalty on the books until 2014 or so, even thought the state hadn't ran a execution since 2006.
                You guys repealed the Death Penalty??

Heck, I thought it was further back the last time they used it, but I could very well be wrong.

Come on, let's be real. CA was where all the ultra-liberal bans on personal freedoms originated (mostly in SF). They started the banning of smoking on PRIVATE property, the banning of plastic bags, pet sales(!), fireplaces, and even the Happy Meal. No one can hold a candle to CA when it comes to being liberal.
                Last edited by 1bad65; 01-07-2016, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  Party matters not. That guy was quite liberal based on his beliefs.
                  Same could be said about ol' Mitt and his time as governor of Mass.

What Prop was that? Sorry, I'm not a Californian so I'm not sure.
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Califo...sition_8_(2008)

You guys repealed the Death Penalty??

Heck, I thought it was further back the last time they used it, but I could very well be wrong.
                  I believe it was a federal circuit ruling as for the repeal. The last man to be executed in California was Clarence Ray Allen on January 17th, 2006.

Come on, let's be real. CA was where all the ultra-liberal bans on personal freedoms originated (mostly in SF). They started the banning of smoking on PRIVATE property, the banning of plastic bags, pet sales(!), fireplaces, and even the Happy Meal. No one can hold a candle to CA when it comes to being liberal.
                  As far as the bolded, really don't know about all that fuckery. Wouldn't surprise me, but I don't live in San Francisco.

Not really arguing with you, 1bad. I can be honest and give my liberal power rankings as Cali #1. Mass #1a.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    New England...1) you're an idiot. 2) prisons in California are run by the state. There are federal pens but that extraordinary number of 22 prisons built...those are state prisons. California does contract out to Arizona and Oklahoma to house inmates from California due to several factors, one of which is overcrowding. Now New England...if you were half as smart as you claim to be, you should be able to find this information out with ease. Cdcr.ca.gov
                    That website will tell you everything you need to know. Keep speculating on what I do. I'll be here chilling in my huge house laughing at you.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      I thought he was a fat cop?
                      That's the word going around but nothing could be further from the truth. There is nothing New England could do that I don't already do better. I mean aside from being a pretentious prick online. My forearms are longer (obviously) for one. Dude would have to jump and swing up to hit me in my knees lol

Comment

Working...
                      X