Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 12-21-2015, 04:38 AM #101
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
RetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond reputeRetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond reputeRetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond reputeRetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond reputeRetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond reputeRetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond reputeRetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond reputeRetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond reputeRetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond reputeRetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond reputeRetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,655,556,814,336.93
Thanks for the Gonzalez vs Yaegashi stream! :-) - Tyler_Durden thank you :-) - DreamFYS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryannn View Post
"I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere"- Anakin

Pure poetry.
lol, thats on Lucas. Most of the Actors sucked under Lucas. Only two that were great was Obi-Wan and Palpatine.
RetroSpeed05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:14 AM #102
Head Mexican in Charge

Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,917,505,384,411,405.00
Total Points: 6,917,505,384,783,764.00
Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer 
One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... 
i posted "las mañanitas" on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps 
P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth May you never stop spreading your knowledge. - BattlingNelson here's yours brotha :kiss: all out of love - -jose- Cunt!!! - Fists_of_Fury Moronic Cunt!!! - Fists_of_Fury 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Finally saw it and here's my take.

The production was top notch. Of course we knew that was going to be the case with the amount of money and advertisement it got.

The storyline was what left a lot to be desired. It focused too much on the old characters, and didn't go deep enough into the new one's. The guy who plays the main bad guy, was just terrible. He's not intimidating, he's not scary.

Everything was predictable in the movie, even the big death scene. As a stand alone movie it was just ok, but it was just very shallow in it's storyline.

JJ Abrams is terrible, and this looked like one of his movies. Visually stunning, great effects, but nothing below the surface. When it was announced he was going to direct it, I thought it wasn't going to go as well as it could.

I give it a 6 out of 10 at best. Entertaining at times, but just basic in terms of storyline and depth. Good action in certain points, but not enough IMO.

I'm looking much more forward to the Leo Dicaprio film.
Cuauhtémoc1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:18 AM #103
Nothing But Sunshine

Quoted: 638 Post(s)
4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,200,106,324,149.00
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley No Message - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryannn View Post
Spoilers.

I liked the movie but Kylo Ren wasn't as cool as I thought he would be...

Struggled in a lightsaber duel with a First Order janitor who had zero training.

Got his ass kicked by a scavenger with zero training.

His occasional temper tantrums are pretty annoying.

MAJOR SPOILER: Him killing Han was well done though. You kind of see it coming from a mile away but I thought it was pretty cinematic. It bummed me out which I guess is a good thing.

Overall, it was good but I wished they added more new stuff rather than rehashing plot points from the original.
He didn't really struggle with Finn though. He overtook him fairly easy. But I think him getting beat by Rey is suppose to show 2 things......maybe Rey is supposed to super strong with the force, and Kylo Ren hasn't completed his training either.
4Corners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:21 AM #104
The Ugly American

Quoted: 4660 Post(s)
1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,111,111,516,297.52
You been here since 2005 an OG, yet nobody has given you a gift, here you go. - hectari Once agan, dropping knowledge - hectari Cheers! - JimRaynor :beerchug: - -jose- Good ol Algore.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 
Drink is on me, keep doing your thing - JimRaynor Keep hammering - ΣNΣMY No Message - JimRaynor Very wise and informed - GhostofDempsey Cheers - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
Movie theater i'm going to has couches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Chudd View Post
It's not common, but theaters like these have been getting more popular and popping up the past few years. I went to one about 3 years ago when I was visiting the states with my wife, that's when I first became aware of them.
Alamo Drafthouse started this, and they've expanded outside of Austin the last few years. We have another brand here too called The Moviehouse. Moviehouse has padded recliners and better food imo. However they don't have the no talking and no kids rules the Drafthouse does.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:21 AM #105
Nothing But Sunshine

Quoted: 638 Post(s)
4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,200,106,324,149.00
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley No Message - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

The production was top notch. Of course we knew that was going to be the case with the amount of money and advertisement it got.

The storyline was what left a lot to be desired. It focused too much on the old characters, and didn't go deep enough into the new one's. The guy who plays the main bad guy, was just terrible. He's not intimidating, he's not scary.

Everything was predictable in the movie, even the big death scene. As a stand alone movie it was just ok, but it was just very shallow in it's storyline.

JJ Abrams is terrible, and this looked like one of his movies. Visually stunning, great effects, but nothing below the surface. When it was announced he was going to direct it, I thought it wasn't going to go as well as it could.

I give it a 6 out of 10 at best. Entertaining at times, but just basic in terms of storyline and depth. Good action in certain points, but not enough IMO.

Well of course lol Star Wars isn't mean to do what The Revenant or The Hateful Eight are going to do. You don't watch them for the same reasons, at least I don't.

But I agree in the sense that it's not as OMFG INCREDIBLE as everyone is saying. People are only going gaga over it cause it's a new Star Wars and it is better than the prequels easily. It's a decent to solid movie IMO.

Kylo Ren was a badass, with his mask on. Once the mask came off, he was a little emo b*tch to me lol But I think Kylo Ren has more depth to him than most of the bad guys we've seen in star wars. He's got a lot more going on with him really.

Yeah I saw him killing Han coming, but I still thought it was executed well.
4Corners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:38 AM #106
Contender

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Radical has a reputation beyond reputeRadical has a reputation beyond reputeRadical has a reputation beyond reputeRadical has a reputation beyond reputeRadical has a reputation beyond reputeRadical has a reputation beyond reputeRadical has a reputation beyond reputeRadical has a reputation beyond reputeRadical has a reputation beyond reputeRadical has a reputation beyond reputeRadical has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 22,775.68

people are missing the point on Kylo Ren. he is a conflicted villain. the fact he had Darth Vaders mask shows he wanted to be like Vader but was very insecure about himself. and the fact he took off the mask worked a lot better. Actors have to be able to act through their faces.
Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 12:06 PM #107
Boxing

Quoted: 12158 Post(s)
Robbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,580,039,498,684,342,272.00
Total Points: 20,580,039,498,684,895,232.00
Good poster - Have a drink - arraamis Keep owning these trolls! - JK1700 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical View Post
people are missing the point on Kylo Ren. he is a conflicted villain. the fact he had Darth Vaders mask shows he wanted to be like Vader but was very insecure about himself. and the fact he took off the mask worked a lot better. Actors have to be able to act through their faces.
I don't think people have a problem with how the character was written, but with the actor playing him. Everyone in the cinema laughed when he took off his mask, i don't think that was the reaction they were wanting.
Robbie Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 12:08 PM #108
Head Mexican in Charge

Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,917,505,384,411,405.00
Total Points: 6,917,505,384,783,764.00
Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer 
One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... 
i posted "las mañanitas" on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps 
P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth May you never stop spreading your knowledge. - BattlingNelson here's yours brotha :kiss: all out of love - -jose- Cunt!!! - Fists_of_Fury Moronic Cunt!!! - Fists_of_Fury 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Corners View Post
Well of course lol Star Wars isn't mean to do what The Revenant or The Hateful Eight are going to do. You don't watch them for the same reasons, at least I don't.

But I agree in the sense that it's not as OMFG INCREDIBLE as everyone is saying. People are only going gaga over it cause it's a new Star Wars and it is better than the prequels easily. It's a decent to solid movie IMO.

Kylo Ren was a badass, with his mask on. Once the mask came off, he was a little emo b*tch to me lol But I think Kylo Ren has more depth to him than most of the bad guys we've seen in star wars. He's got a lot more going on with him really.

Yeah I saw him killing Han coming, but I still thought it was executed well.
I'm not trying to compare the two movies. My point is that each one can be great in it's own right, I didn't get that with Star Wars. Sorry but it was disappointing to me, shallow story line, not enough action and it depended too much on the old characters.

That's my opinion and I disagree, I don't think it was better than the prequels. It fell short of even them, it was a typical JJ Abrams movie. All flash no substance.
Cuauhtémoc1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:42 PM #109
AKA Bologna Panini

Quoted: 498 Post(s)
The Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,000,000,101,300,977,664.00
Here you go you non-gift having British queer. - Mizzou good poster , have an e beer on me - shobox Happy Uncle's Day! - Bossy Great post! On this thread... Fighters who thank "god"...Are they f@cking stupid ? - jose830 why do you have "Isla del Encanta" in your location? - -jose- 
Merry Christmas! - Amazinger 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
I don't think people have a problem with how the character was written, but with the actor playing him. Everyone in the cinema laughed when he took off his mask, i don't think that was the reaction they were wanting.
I was disappointed with hi face when i first saw it, but got over it quickly. He seemed a good actor. The character is interesting.

As for people expecting more depth... i dont think StarWars was ever that deep. It was just a big spectacular fantasy action film in space. This film nailed it.
The Noose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:32 PM #110
deicide

Quoted: 5910 Post(s)
-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 618,769,322,767,455,705,104,384.00
Total Points: 618,904,149,545,063,580,434,432.00
Old School Thread - -jose- From your pal, BeerBro - Beercules damn son! you one handsome fellow! and with all do respect...Wow!!! that girl you with is Bad!!! definitely wifey material. - -jose- Sorry for the my in the moment RED K, here is a medal. - BrushMyHair that shit was funny bro :lol1: I literally cracked up - -jose- 
Congrats on the Raiders homey! - Mike D congrats.on your first win - -jose- Merry Christmas -MAK - -jose- Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Thank You for the Info - Enayze 
Thanks Mak. You are a legend mate - 1lparm you deserve an ice cream cone after that good deed - -jose- cheers to a fellow Pac fan and all around great poster - Mike D SportsCenter huh ? LMAO ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Keep this between me and you but that post you put on the Cotto lil brother/Canelo thread almost made my Dunkaccino come out my nose :lol1: - -jose- 
No green...Yeah I know.....Typical ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Random beer while I'm passing through. - ßringer Medal of Honor - jazluvr Merry Christmas MAK... - TBear Sorry to hear about you Aunt - HughJass 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - S a m u r a i Head and Neck Cancer - S a m u r a i Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jim Jeffries 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Pretty Boy32 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - dans01234 Head and Neck Cancer - PensionKiller 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Akinapepemo Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Childhood Cancer - LeeVanCleef 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

how did i know you would have a problem with the movie?

someone could give you a bag of a million dollars and you would complain about the color of the bag handle
-MAKAVELLI- is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
awakens, force, star, wars

User Tag List