Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 01-18-2020, 12:50 PM #21
Contender

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
TheMyspaceDayz is infamous around these partsTheMyspaceDayz is infamous around these partsTheMyspaceDayz is infamous around these partsTheMyspaceDayz is infamous around these partsTheMyspaceDayz is infamous around these partsTheMyspaceDayz is infamous around these partsTheMyspaceDayz is infamous around these partsTheMyspaceDayz is infamous around these partsTheMyspaceDayz is infamous around these partsTheMyspaceDayz is infamous around these partsTheMyspaceDayz is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,065.86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaroku View Post
Congrats... i am going to buy one. I was here in Japan when Tyson lost to Douglas, and I lost money. I met a few japanese wimmin who were saying that Tyson was drinking, and banging them two or three at a time, and seemed to not enjoy anything at that time.

They said he was generous, with his money, but really sad somehow.

I knew a girl, who hung out with other groupies and they had stories about everyone who partook of their goods..

lookiing forward to reading your book on my daily train ride to Nihonbashi.

Why are you hanging out with groupies? Lmao
TheMyspaceDayz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 01:09 PM #22
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 17504 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,490.34
Total Points: 276,079.11
Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus Rock on! - HeadBodyBodyBody 
Good poster with a unique style. - 1bad65 Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony A medal for Jhonny.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Zaroku The Legend! - travestyny For getting SafeSpace banned - 1bad65 
No Message - Tony Trick-Pony Hey bro keep fighting the good fight. - BLASTER1 Cheers! - GhostofDempsey No Message - MinuteMaid5 happy holidays - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
Why are you hanging out with groupies? Lmao
they frequented the same clubs, and all the visiting foreigners would go to clubs I frequented. I was not the only guy who met people at clubs.

Plus, these girls would be really popular and were early influencers, or whatever they are called now.
Zaroku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 05:08 PM #23
The Bronze Bomber

Quoted: 2594 Post(s)
Deontay Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeDeontay Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeDeontay Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeDeontay Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeDeontay Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeDeontay Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeDeontay Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeDeontay Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeDeontay Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeDeontay Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeDeontay Wilder has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 187,130.99
Total Points: 187,335.70
toast with an excellent poster - kyshenko team BOMB SQUAAAAD - Jloro No Message - Scott.Weiland. See you on pretty much everyday and enjoy your knowledgeable and sometimes satirical posts.  I can tell you enjoy a good fight on the old boob-tube! - Trudoe you one funny dude, atg poster, have a slice of pizza on me - jas 
ATG poster - jas To a good poster and a knowledgable fan! - LoadedWraps Beterbiev - wladavit LETS GO CHAMP - Brush My Hair You called it first! - KOVALBOXER 
Happy Holidays! - KOVALBOXER war one time - Santa_ Good luck champ! - 1hourRun Fury & AJ fanboys will need this one! 43-0 and still.... - Champ Wilder 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - kyshenko team Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas 

I hope Mike Tyson gets to see this book. Would be cool to see his reaction and hear him read some of these on his podcast.
Deontay Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 01:34 PM #24
Contender

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
a.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,475.60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaroku View Post
Congrats... i am going to buy one. I was here in Japan when Tyson lost to Douglas, and I lost money. I met a few japanese wimmin who were saying that Tyson was drinking, and banging them two or three at a time, and seemed to not enjoy anything at that time.

They said he was generous, with his money, but really sad somehow.

I knew a girl, who hung out with other groupies and they had stories about everyone who partook of their goods..

lookiing forward to reading your book on my daily train ride to Nihonbashi.
Very cool and thank you. Of course Tokyo is in the book, if only briefly. Hopefully I did the night justice. I read that the Tokyo crowds were typically very silent during fights. The American writers said it gave it an odd feeling, because you could hear so much more of the fight. Is that true? And is it still the case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
I hope Mike Tyson gets to see this book. Would be cool to see his reaction and hear him read some of these on his podcast.
Yes, that would be ideal! I would love that! With his focus on cannabis, a Tyson-Poetry-Hour could actually happen, I think!
a.rihn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 02:33 PM #25
Latin From Manhattan

Quoted: 1176 Post(s)
CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 64,487.42
Total Points: 67,263.53
victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 
how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine 
true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 
Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our " diplomatic ambassador " on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu No Message - stephenmc Cheers, brother! - anthonydavid11 

Awesome, brother! All the best to you! I just read a couple of your poems, and put your book on my Amazon wishlist. Very original idea, at least one I’m unfamiliar with. The biblical angle is rather interesting too. I love the title, especially the subtitle: “An Apocalypse in Fifty-Eight Fights.” Good stuff.
CubanGuyNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 02:40 PM #26
Contender

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Ricky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,121.55
Total Points: 14,188.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.rihn View Post
If you've seen my signature line on my posts, you may already know this, but I have a book that was just released yesterday. I'm hesitant to self-promote it too much, but hey, I also want to sell some books.

A lot of time, energy, love, and research (it has like 15 pages of notes!) went into the book. Joyce Carol Oates [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.], and I think it's pretty good, too. It would mean a lot to me if you'd take a look and consider picking up a copy.
[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]. Thank you.

< /shameless self-promotion >
Good on you for following your passion for boxing and writing a book on it.
Ricky12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 02:45 PM #27
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 17504 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,490.34
Total Points: 276,079.11
Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus Rock on! - HeadBodyBodyBody 
Good poster with a unique style. - 1bad65 Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony A medal for Jhonny.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Zaroku The Legend! - travestyny For getting SafeSpace banned - 1bad65 
No Message - Tony Trick-Pony Hey bro keep fighting the good fight. - BLASTER1 Cheers! - GhostofDempsey No Message - MinuteMaid5 happy holidays - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Very cool and thank you. Of course Tokyo is in the book, if only briefly. Hopefully I did the night justice. I read that the Tokyo crowds were typically very silent during fights. The American writers said it gave it an odd feeling, because you could hear so much more of the fight. Is that true? And is it still the case?

Yes, that would be ideal! I would love that! With his focus on cannabis, a Tyson-Poetry-Hour could actually happen, I think!
It is still the case, and you can hear the thud of body shots, the corners giving instructions, and the ring side commentators giving ongoing analysis. One thing that is really odd, is they often use cute Japanese idol girls ringside and ask them to give an analysis of the fight.
You can hear sill stuff from them, Kameda looks like a cheap gangster, Ryota is really handsome, etc..

One more thing to add. Very few people I know in Japan believe Tyson raped anyone. If you go to a man's hotel room, at least back then, and if you got raped, you would have such a high hurdle to get over.
Japanese people back then were saying she was a cheap lying idiot, and she should not have gone with him to his hotel room if she did not want to have sex.

Last edited by Zaroku; 01-19-2020 at 02:49 PM.
Zaroku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 04:27 PM #28
Contender

a.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for the support and kind words.

For anyone who has ordered a book, please consider tossing out a review on Amazon, or some stars. For smaller release books, those can really help make a difference. Thank you! And if you see me at a boxing event, I'll buy you a drink!
Old 01-20-2020, 05:05 PM #29
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2383 Post(s)
jmrf4435 has a reputation beyond reputejmrf4435 has a reputation beyond reputejmrf4435 has a reputation beyond reputejmrf4435 has a reputation beyond reputejmrf4435 has a reputation beyond reputejmrf4435 has a reputation beyond reputejmrf4435 has a reputation beyond reputejmrf4435 has a reputation beyond reputejmrf4435 has a reputation beyond reputejmrf4435 has a reputation beyond reputejmrf4435 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,335.46
Total Points: 46,143.21

Quote:
If you've seen my signature line on my posts, you may already know this, but I have a book that was just released yesterday. I'm hesitant to self-promote it too much, but hey, I also want to sell some books.

It's called Revelation: An Apocalypse in Fifty-Eight Fights. It follows the professional fights of Mike Tyson with 100-word prose poems. It combines the voices of the fight game commentators, journalists, referees, other fighters, and yes Mike Tyson too with the voice of an Old Testament prophet. Ultimately relating Tyson to a modern-day Elijah climbing the mountain to do battle, and climbing back down to a world of depression, anxiety, and alienating silence.

You can read excerpts from it [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.], [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.], and [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.].

It is definitely a unique on how we can talk about boxing. And, I hope, one way to share a love of boxing with people who aren't necessarily boxing fans themselves. (My poor editor - he said Google ads has tracked his search history related to the book and now he's bombarded with ads for Everlast and whatnot.)

A lot of time, energy, love, and research (it has like 15 pages of notes!) went into the book. Joyce Carol Oates [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.], and I think it's pretty good, too. It would mean a lot to me if you'd take a look and consider picking up a copy.

Information on ordering is available on [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]. Thank you.

< /shameless self-promotion >
This is very cool-

Was it difficult knowing how much biography stuff is already out on Tyson?
jmrf4435 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:31 PM #30
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrf4435 View Post
This is very cool-

Was it difficult knowing how much biography stuff is already out on Tyson?
Thanks!

It wasn't difficult per se, but it was definitely something I did have to consider. Since my book is not straight biography, I didn't have to worry about overlap or competition with those types of books. Mine is a more poetic take on his career, sort of re-interpreting them and taking the fights into a very new and different direction.

I did read a few biographies before I started. Offhand, I recall:
"The Last Great Fight" by Joe Layden
"Tyson: Nurture of the Beast" by Ellis Cashmore
"Blood Season" by Phil Berger

I also watched his "Undisputed" one man show on DVD, but did not read the book (or his Iron Ambition) while writing.

I tried to dig into contemporaneous documents as much as I could - newspaper and magazine articles, news reports, that sort of thing. I was trying to balance having a solid grounding in the history, without letting that history dictate to voice or the direction of the book too much.

That said, for 58 poems of just 100 words each, there are like 15 pages of notes to explain each quote, reference or source in the poems. So even though they are poems, there is a lot of non-fiction happening there, too.

Share This With Friends