Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2020, 01:20 AM #21
Curtis Harper Curtis Harper is offline
Successful As HELL !
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 13,809
Quoted: 5843 Post(s)
Rep Power: 29
Curtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 281,751.17
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 281,751.17
Let me start you off, cuz. - Bobby Deez There ya go lad - lparm Cheers to black unicorns!!! - Outworn "enjoy" - MinuteMaid5 Prescribed - MinuteMaid5 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggum View Post
yeah that sounds about right. guy moves his entire life first from kazahkstan to germany, then from germany to usa when he can't get any fights there. then in his very first fight in the usa agrees to fight pirog who nobody wanted a piece of including martinez the champ. fights 7 top 10 fighters in his first 3 years in the states while trying to fight every top guy. then fights/signs to fight all the top guys:jacobs, saunders, and canelo over the next 3 years. chasing those easy wins! oh hey you are a tank davis fan. isnt that weird?
Boohoo...........Nobody had it tougher than GGG
Curtis Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 01:31 AM #22
Bandman Bandman is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,289
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7
Bandman has a reputation beyond reputeBandman has a reputation beyond reputeBandman has a reputation beyond reputeBandman has a reputation beyond reputeBandman has a reputation beyond reputeBandman has a reputation beyond reputeBandman has a reputation beyond reputeBandman has a reputation beyond reputeBandman has a reputation beyond reputeBandman has a reputation beyond reputeBandman has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 41,548.74
Bank: 1,214.72
Total Points: 42,763.46
Default

triple flop has spent almost ten years sniffin canelos ass begging for paydays smh
Bandman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 01:40 AM #23
daggum daggum is offline
All time great
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 36,537
Quoted: 9685 Post(s)
Rep Power: 118
daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 118,928.67
Bank: 1,543.06
Total Points: 120,471.73
No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley 
give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth 
Caffeine - For working those CompuClinch graveyard shifts. - - Ram Raid - Superman - jas 8 years of the same old boring trolling scheme, you have no life but at least ur good at it - Omowale Tribe so true - Santa_ Great post.  Double standards for Froyd.  Ha - anthonydavid11 
funniest poster on Boxing Scene - Snoop Frog No Message - Snoop Frog Ward 115-112 - siablo14 Wise words, man - anthonydavid11 Sarcasm called. They asked me how you do it. I hung up. - Tony Trick-Pony 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jas Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas 
Autism - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jas Childhood Cancer - jas 
Childhood Cancer - jas Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - !a! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !a! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !a! 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Harper View Post
Boohoo...........Nobody had it tougher than GGG
what you are saying makes no sense. you have zero credibility because you defend tank davis who is literally doing exactly what you are wrongly criticizing ggg for doing and that is fighting bums and chasing easy fights. i just laid out how ggg was not chasing easy fights. care to address any of what i said? signing to fight the most dangerous guy in the division pirog, fighting 7 top 10 guys in his first 3 years in the states, fighting or signing to fight the top 3 guys the next 3 years. how is that chasing easy fights? ward another one of your favs was literally chasing easy fights. hbo threw him off the network because they wouldnt approve of any of his opponents and he refused to fight the ones they wanted. how do you square that in your head? every fighter is worthy of criticism to some degree. ggg probably should have fought andrade no doubt about it. ward should have fought abroad during the super six, should have fought bute, shouldn't have been the houston astros of boxing with all the cheating, etc...but dont make up fake arguments. you simply don 't have the intellect to defend them. keep it simple. just call him lil g like all the other followers. dont wander out of your lane.

Last edited by daggum; 01-17-2020 at 01:44 AM.
daggum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 01:45 AM #24
Curtis Harper Curtis Harper is offline
Successful As HELL !
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 13,809
Quoted: 5843 Post(s)
Rep Power: 29
Curtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 281,751.17
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 281,751.17
Let me start you off, cuz. - Bobby Deez There ya go lad - lparm Cheers to black unicorns!!! - Outworn "enjoy" - MinuteMaid5 Prescribed - MinuteMaid5 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggum View Post
what you are saying makes no sense. you have zero credibility because you defend tank davis who is literally doing exactly what you are wrongly criticizing ggg for doing and that is fighting bums and chasing easy fights. i just laid out how ggg was not chasing easy fights. care to address any of what i said? signing to fight the most dangerous guy in the division pirog, fighting 7 top 10 guys in his first 3 years in the states, fighting or signing to fight the top 3 guys the next 3 years. how is that chasing easy fights? ward another one of your favs was literally chasing easy fights. hbo threw him off the network because they wouldnt approve of any of his opponents and he refused to fight the ones they wanted. how do you square that in your head? every fighter is worthy of criticism to some degree. ggg probably should have fought andrade no doubt about it. ward should have fought abroad during the super six, should have fought bute, shouldn't have been such a cheater, etc...but dont make up fake arguments.
Tank wasted many years in the amateurs ?
Tank is the man in his div and feasting on no hopers ?
Tank is older than 25 ?

If you feel GGG handled his business the right way, that ends this biased debate

Parting words -
There will always be ''top'' 10's. Even in weak eras/divs.
Curtis Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 02:03 AM #25
daggum daggum is offline
All time great
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 36,537
Quoted: 9685 Post(s)
Rep Power: 118
daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 118,928.67
Bank: 1,543.06
Total Points: 120,471.73
No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley 
give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth 
Caffeine - For working those CompuClinch graveyard shifts. - - Ram Raid - Superman - jas 8 years of the same old boring trolling scheme, you have no life but at least ur good at it - Omowale Tribe so true - Santa_ Great post.  Double standards for Froyd.  Ha - anthonydavid11 
funniest poster on Boxing Scene - Snoop Frog No Message - Snoop Frog Ward 115-112 - siablo14 Wise words, man - anthonydavid11 Sarcasm called. They asked me how you do it. I hung up. - Tony Trick-Pony 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jas Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas 
Autism - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jas Childhood Cancer - jas 
Childhood Cancer - jas Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - !a! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !a! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !a! 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Harper View Post
Tank wasted many years in the amateurs ?
Tank is the man in his div and feasting on no hopers ?
Tank is older than 25 ?

If you feel GGG handled his business the right way, that ends this biased debate

Parting words -
There will always be ''top'' 10's. Even in weak eras/divs.
what do you mean wasted? you see you don't understand how boxing works and there lies the problem. was he supposed to turn pro before the olympics? thats always been how fighters get noticed. especially for non american fighters who dont have a following/support system. so which big time promoter is going to scoop up a random guy from kazahkstan at age 18? is he just supposed to show up and fight people like charlie zelenoff?

even after winning a silver in the olympics he still wasnt able to land a big time american promoter so that should tell you all you need to know. he was a much better amateur than tank davis but tank davis got scooped up and set on course for stardom. if you compare their amateur careers its not close. ggg has the much better accolades. he was world junior champ. tank was national. ggg was amateur world champ. tank never was. ggg was silver medalist at the olympics and tank never fought in the olympics. so what happened? why was tank so coveted and ggg not? just luck right? boo-hoo ggg right? this is why bringing up age over and over like you like to do is such a terrible argument. it presumes they started off at the same point. they did not. it presumes that ggg had the option of turning pro at 18 and having a career. he didnt really unless he wanted to be charlie zelenoff.

no hopers? why haven't you addressed the things i laid out twice now? you keep saying vague untrue things. so ill just copy paste for you since you are having some comprehension problems or maybe you know you are beat and are purposely ignoring it since you have no comeback. signing to fight the most dangerous guy in the division pirog, fighting 7 top 10 guys in his first 3 years in the states, fighting or signing to fight the top 3 guys the next 3 years. how is that chasing easy fights? how are theses no hopers?

and you just owned yourself at the end with that top 10 comment. there will always be top 10s...and yet tank hasnt fought one top 10 fighter the last 3 years. if its so easy to do...why isnt tank davis doing it? so i have clearly laid out how he fought all the top guys that would fight him, how when he couldnt get them in the ring he fought a bunch of top 10 guys, and how fights with other top guys like pirog and saunders fell through. how was he chasing easy fights? how is tank davis not chasing easy fights? why dont you try explaining yourself instead of tying yourself into a human pretzel.
daggum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 02:11 AM #26
Curtis Harper Curtis Harper is offline
Successful As HELL !
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 13,809
Quoted: 5843 Post(s)
Rep Power: 29
Curtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 281,751.17
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 281,751.17
Let me start you off, cuz. - Bobby Deez There ya go lad - lparm Cheers to black unicorns!!! - Outworn "enjoy" - MinuteMaid5 Prescribed - MinuteMaid5 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggum View Post
what do you mean wasted? you see you don't understand how boxing works and there lies the problem. was he supposed to turn pro before the olympics? thats always been how fighters get noticed. especially for non american fighters who dont have a following/support system. so which big time promoter is going to scoop up a random guy from kazahkstan at age 18? is he just supposed to show up and fight people like charlie zelenoff?

even after winning a silver in the olympics he still wasnt able to land a big time american promoter so that should tell you all you need to know. he was a much better amateur than tank davis but tank davis got scooped up and set on course for stardom. if you compare their amateur careers its not close. ggg has the much better accolades. he was world junior champ. tank was national. ggg was amateur world champ. tank never was. ggg was silver medalist at the olympics and tank never fought in the olympics. so what happened? why was tank so coveted and ggg not? just luck right? boo-hoo ggg right? this is why bringing up age over and over like you like to do is such a terrible argument. it presumes they started off at the same point. they did not. it presumes that ggg had the option of turning pro at 18 and having a career. he didnt really unless he wanted to be charlie zelenoff.

no hopers? why haven't you addressed the things i laid out twice now? you keep saying vague untrue things. so ill just copy paste for you since you are having some comprehension problems or maybe you know you are beat and are purposely ignoring it since you have no comeback. signing to fight the most dangerous guy in the division pirog, fighting 7 top 10 guys in his first 3 years in the states, fighting or signing to fight the top 3 guys the next 3 years. how is that chasing easy fights? how are theses no hopers?

and you just owned yourself at the end with that top 10 comment. there will always be top 10s...and yet tank hasnt fought one top 10 fighter the last 3 years. if its so easy to do...why isnt tank davis doing it? so i have clearly laid out how he fought all the top guys that would fight him, how when he couldnt get them in the ring he fought a bunch of top 10 guys, and how fights with other top guys like pirog and saunders fell through. how was he chasing easy fights? how is tank davis not chasing easy fights? why dont you try explaining yourself instead of tying yourself into a human pretzel.
Yes Wasted. Did he plan on making a living being an amateur ?!?!?!? 300+ fights ?!?!?!? FOH.

Again, booF'nhoo.Guys with lesser experience were able to do what took GGG 300+ amateur fights to do.

People who are shoveling dirt onto Tank are not being reasonable. They are most likely the type of fans that worry about out of the ring shlt more than anything else.

If a person isn't willing to let a boxer, ANY BOXER, prove them right, then what's the point ? Dude is 25 and has at least 10 more fights in him. Can't wait, go on and tell us all how he should retire.

I will wait until Tank has reached the title levels GGG reached and see what he does. As unbiased fight fans witnessed, GGG's career has been filled with hohums.

Imagine if he had to fight a credible opponent every 4th fight. Squeaked by Jacobs and didn't do so well vs Nelo. Luckily for him, there are guys like Rolls and Kamil (top ranked at it's finest).
Curtis Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 03:03 AM #27
R_Walken R_Walken is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5,828
Quoted: 2713 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19
R_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 48,573.93
Bank: 1,475.55
Total Points: 50,049.48
Awesome posts, get yourself an avatar to match - DramaShow- 
Default

So What , GGGs At age where heís old as Dust

Heís on borrowed time and now there a handful of guys 154-168 that would hand him a legit L

No need to keep on fighting the Next Eras Best who like Saunders didnít want none until he was ripe for the picking
R_Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 PM.