Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You Could Show a Non-Boxing Fan 1 Fight What Would it Be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Could Show a Non-Boxing Fan 1 Fight What Would it Be?

Thought this was an interesting question. If you had to show someone who didnt like/watch boxing one fight to try and persuade them to be a fan what would it be? Would it be a modern day fight, a classic? What weight class would you choose and why? I think I would show them an Ali fight for sure, not sure which he had so many wars. Maybe Hearns vs Leonard, just because I like that fight alot personaly.

First off, I like your thinking. I believe Leonard-Hearns I would be excellent for a first-time viewing.

Personally, I would chose Frazier-Ali I. My reason for choosing that fight is because it represents all that is good about boxing. Two men with passion for the sport, who were unbeaten, and both with claims to the World Heavyweight Championship...having it out to see "quien es mas macho". Drama is what it's all about...two men wanting to prove to the entire world that they are the "baddest man on the planet", and neither taking no for an answer.

That, to me, is what boxing is all about.

Comment

an excellent fight which i showed 2 my mates that dont know much about boxing or rnt intersted was deigo corrales vs jose luis castillo 1 and they loved it, they even wanted to watch it again promiss.

Comment

Originally posted by mini_tyson
        an excellent fight which i showed 2 my mates that dont know much about boxing or rnt intersted was deigo corrales vs jose luis castillo 1 and they loved it, they even wanted to watch it again promiss.
        Also a good pick.

Comment

gatti vs ward 1 2 or 3 coz if they dont appreciate the science of boxin they would love a good brawl

Comment

Frazier vs. Foreman

Comment

Any Tyson fight can convince a non fan.
              but

I think i would pick Foreman vs Lyle

Comment

Gatti/Ward I

Comment

If you wanted to persuade someone into been a boxing fan I think you would have to show them a recent fight instead of an old school fight. Just show them round 10 of the Castillo vs Corrales 1st fight.

Comment

Ali- Foreman,Castillo-CorralesI, Hearns-Hagler, Barrera-MoralesI, any of these fights can make a nonboxing fan a believer.

Comment

Working...
                    X