Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was the 1980s the greatest decade in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watch good fights between good fighters.I have never compared whole decades against each other in a decade fight so i have no idea which decade was the best boxing decade. You say it was the 90s so maybe it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
      Just because Fury gave Wilder a beat down, doesn't mean anyone else can. Wilder would KO any other HW right now and little Mike.
      Little Mike had skills. Little spiiszka was able to win 80% of rounds against Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        Little Mike had skills. Little spiiszka was able to win 80% of rounds against Wilder.
        But Spzilka won 0% of the fight. Wilder has 36 minutes to get someone out of there. Just because Fury's ability and style stopped Wilder doing anything he wanted to do, doesn't mean that it's as easy as that for the rest of them.

I had Spzilka 5-4 up against Wilder, but I never ever thought that he was going to see the fight to the finish line.

Comment

But Spzilka won 0% of the fight. Wilder has 36 minutes to get someone out of there. Just because Fury's ability and style stopped Wilder doing anything he wanted to do, doesn't mean that it's as easy as that for the rest of them.

I had Spzilka 5-4 up against Wilder, but I never ever thought that he was going to see the fight to the finish line.
          If spilska could outpunch Wilder for 5 out of 7 rounds, for sure little mike who had skills and tremendous power would have had great chances of beating Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            If spilska could outpunch Wilder for 5 out of 7 rounds, for sure little mike who had skills and tremendous power would have had great chances of beating Wilder.
            I'd take Wilder to knock Tyson out if they fought.

Comment

I'd take Wilder to knock Tyson out if they fought.
              That's fine, it's your POV. But to say Tyson would be top15-20 on this HW era... my god.

Comment

The 1980s were a great decade for boxing but the 1990s were even better. In addition, the 1960s and 1970s era of heavyweight boxing were even better too.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Jesus View Post
                  The had one of the strongest Welterweight classes of any era

2 legendary heavyweights, Holmes and Tyson, dominating the decade

The legendary Marvin Hagler's entire championship reign

And the early careers of JC Chavez and Pernell Whitaker.

I defy you to name a better era or decade in boxing history
                  - -U being born in the blackest era of Jesus tops the 80s by a long shot.

Comment

You could argue the '70s were better.

Ali, Foreman, Holmes, and Frazier are 4 of the top 10 HWs ever, plus a ton of great contenders like Norton, Lyle, Young, Quarry, etc. . .

Roberto Duran ATG lightweight

The start of Sugar Ray Leonard, Wilfred Benitez, & Tommy Hearns at 147.

Guys like Olivares, Zarate, Salvador Sanchez, Gomez, Arguello, Chacon, Lopez, etc. . . in the lower weights.

Yeah, I'm going with the '70s

Comment

Yeah, it was a good decade.

People talk **** and resume whore because they can't handle speaking to the vast array of techniques and technical boxing that simply does not exist anymore.

Take Wlad for example. ATG HW based on what? Techniques displayed? **** no, he didn't even use pro techniques. Manny was open about keeping Wlad on amatuer techniques. Actual importance of any name he ever beat? Nah. Just ranks and time in place.

If you did the same for Holmes or Tyson their resumes would be ****ing massive.

The **** has Wilder done, or Joshua done, or Fury done other than beat some other sad ass kids who lack the talent to be what their idols were?

Name for me everything Joshua can do. Or Fury, **** combine them like they are one guy, Holmes dwarves their ***** asses all the same. The technical prowess is just not there. ****, can a HW right now, any GD one of them, throw a proper overhand? Let alone something like corkscrewing their punches.

If Wilder, Tyson, or Joshua throw a hand a bit high we call it an overhand but really it's a ****ed up piece of embarrassment because these kids can actually barely ****ing handle a jab, pivot, and hooks let alone a real gd uppercut or overhand.

Wlad could only handle straight punches, a left hook, and grabbing. Punched himself in the face because after a decade as champion the **** still can't handle beyond amatuer techniques

Joshua just learned to ****ing pivot and still, still, has a posture issue that ****s with his punch structure. Dude falls apart in an exchange, so, instead of fixing that he learned to run away better....****ing dumb, that just means a better trap setter will get him in an exchange....duh.

Fury depends on being big as **** and doesn't even try to punch properly let alone have anything like authentic punch structure. ****ing self face punching **** show actually. Throwing out his arms like they're noodles and slapping? ****ing comparable to goddamn Holmes? **** you.

Wilder's not learned a ****ing new trick since his title fight, the first one. What punches does he throw with technical precision? **** if I know either. Straight right sometimes?

What the **** else is there? All the fat ****s who learned to punch but can't step for **** all? Sure, Andy, there's an overhand, sure, but his feet are slower than dog**** on a stick.

The idea that current division is anything like the 80s is crazy ****ing stupid. Delusional as ****. Can't do **** like their idols did but they're better because they don't lose to even sadder, even more limited, even more out of shape, clowns than they? **** you twice and eat a dick.

Comment

Working...
                      X