No announcement yet.

Who could have beaten Ricardo Lopez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
    i gotta say, Ricardo Lopez was a boxer's boxer, he was complete, i don't see anybody beating him at strawweight
    Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    I thought he was in a lot of trouble in first Alvarez fight.
    Originally posted by Mowglie View Post
    At 105? Nobody. Roman Gonzalez was too green there.

At 108? Chang would've been his bane, if you ask me. Gonzalez was stronger, would've out-punched him there, and was vastly superior as an in-fighter (never a strength of Lopez), so I'd also favor him. Zapata could've beaten him, but I wouldn't favor him more often than not. Too inconsistent mentally. I'd favor him against Gushiken, Carbajal, Humberto Gonzalez, Yuh, Estaba, etc more often than not. Estrada is a close call. He seems to have more grit than Lopez did. Even then.

At 112? Plenty of guys, but he never fought there, so...

Best Strawweight of all time by far.

Leo Gamez would destroy him.

Accomplished more than him as well.

Comment

Chocolatito would have given him a run for his money. He was in his prime and on fire at 105.

Comment

Originally posted by Archie_Leach View Post

Thanks for the heads-up, I will check out Leo Gamez now

Comment

Legit 4 weight world champ.

A genuine ATG and if i remember right all his title fights were on foreign soil. which mean he got robbed whenever he went points.
          (GOOD THING HE HAD POWER LOL)

Most importantly he literally has a dozen VERY exciting fights.

and i think hes the same height as calderon

Comment

Gamez was indeed in some exciting fights. However, I have to assume you're either trolling or just don't know much about the era or weight classes when you say things like he'd "destroy" Lopez or he was a "genuine ATG" or a "Legit 4 weight world champ".

He was a splinter champ the whole way through. As "legit" a 4 weight champ as someone like Adrien Broner. It was basically a running joke at the time.

He was probably top 10 at Strawweight (the weakest division in the sport's history) but he wouldn't rate that highly at any of the other weights he campaigned at.

I liked the guy, but he was a level or two below the Alberto Davilas', Ruben Castillos', and Mario Martinez's of the world. Far removed from being a world beater. He would've been another routine title defence for Lopez.

Comment

Originally posted by Archie_Leach View Post

You idiot! It’s one ignorant post after another with you. Did you just look shyte up on boxing rec? If you had actually watched Gamez and Lopez fight even a dolt like you would see these two were worlds apart in talent.

Comment

He's trolling clearly. Gamez was a good fighter but nothing special. He'd have been cannon fodder for Finito.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  He's trolling clearly. Gamez was a good fighter but nothing special. He'd have been cannon fodder for Finito.
                  Damn right!

Comment

Working...
                  X