No announcement yet.

Remebering Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BritishFightFan View Post
    He was like a modern, better version of Jack Dempsey from the '30s.
    Little tip, proof read. People here take a great deal of pleasure nit picking errors like that out and you will find your opinions not given as much weight as you would hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
      It's only my opinion but Walcott spent more time against the ropes in that fight than in any other fight of his that I've seen. I don't think he had the legs to move around for 15 rounds as he did in the first Louis fight. He seemed to be conserving energy against Marciano which gave Marciano more opportunities to land his big right.

Perhaps in his prime he could have survived the 15 round distance.
      ** Walcott was completely dismissive of Rocky as a clubfighter and emptied his ammo early on in what he thought would be an easy KO.

Should've worked as Rocky completely outclassed in the early going, but we know now he had a world class chin. Walcott can be forgiven for thinking he could take Rocky so easily as he wasn't Rocky of legend back then.

Sometimes these things reveal themselves in a very cruel and harsh fashion in the ring.

Comment

• Great video, mountain.

I rate Mike Tyson as one of the All time Greats - I think that is a formality - a no-brainer. To deny the man is nonsensical.

He was a devastating fighter at his best and his main downfall was his adaptability - he fought one way.

People can have fond memories of Dempsey and Marciano but they would have had a beating against Mike Tyson. Joe Louis had more to his game so can see him beating Mike but that is no formality.

Tyson transcended boxing and kickstarted it into a new generation.

Comment

• Tyson is the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
            ** Walcott was completely dismissive of Rocky as a clubfighter and emptied his ammo early on in what he thought would be an easy KO.

Should've worked as Rocky completely outclassed in the early going, but we know now he had a world class chin. Walcott can be forgiven for thinking he could take Rocky so easily as he wasn't Rocky of legend back then.

Sometimes these things reveal themselves in a very cruel and harsh fashion in the ring.
            Some of this is partially true, but the rematch proved it meant little. Just saying, my friend.

Comment

• Tyson for me, is the man who got me in to the sport, i became an instant fan as a 6 year old, staying up to 4am in the morning to catch a glimpse of this fighter. The buzz, the hype, the excitement...the anticipation, will never be created again..not like he made it

Comment

• Tyson was an overrated piece of **** who lost to some horrible fighters. This thread ends NOW. I forbid anyone to post in it anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATE View Post
                  Tyson was an overrated piece of **** who lost to some horrible fighters. This thread ends NOW. I forbid anyone to post in it anymore.

You've made 246 posts on this forum, and I'd wager that over half of them were Tyson-related.

Why the obsession?

Comment

• Originally posted by English_Lion View Post
                    Tyson for me, is the man who got me in to the sport, i became an instant fan as a 6 year old, staying up to 4am in the morning to catch a glimpse of this fighter. The buzz, the hype, the excitement...the anticipation, will never be created again..not like he made it
                    Hang in there it will, been lots of great fighters and will be lots more. Tyson will just be your 1st love.

Comment

Working...
                    X