Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would anyone want to see a rematch????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would anyone want to see a rematch????

There is talk that there will be a rematch but idk why anyone would want to see that???

I have watched the fight 3 times now... It plays out the same way in another fight... Not sure why anyone would want to see it again.

Conor fans thats why. It wasnt even close.

Comment

I haven't seen any rematch talk. Maybe you're just reading stuff from forum fanboys?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I haven't seen any rematch talk. Maybe you're just reading stuff from forum fanboys?
          Its all over the place.

Comment

The MMA media would love it as they get more hits out of it.
            The Conor fan boys would love it as it would give their idol a chance at redeeming himself.

I've checked polls with 5000 people voting (British Indian MMA Media guy's Twitter, forgot his name now think he works for MMAjunkie), Sherdog and general comments from people who watched it. They don't want to see it again. It makes sense for it to be Khabib v Ferguson. If Conor wants revenge, he has to earn it because he didn't really look like he belonged in there. He should fight someone like Kevin Lee, if he gets through him then it can potentially be made even though i'd like him to face another person after that as beating 1 guy shouldn't give you a rematch for the title realistically. Conor should either fight Kevin Lee next or the winner of Nate Diaz/Poirier (although I don't want to see him vs Poirier as I believe he will murder Poirier again). Nate Diaz makes sense at 155lb provided Nate wins. They have unfinished business and it should do well on PPV.

I personally think Khabib and Ferguson are the best. Followed by Kevin Lee and then Conor McGregor. Anyone who has good wrestling/grappling and respectable striking poses him serious problems. Ferguson, Lee, Khabib are all stronger than him. All grapple better and all have better stamina than them. Conor looked like a man who fell in love with his power because of how dominant he looked vs Eddie Alvarez. I didn't see a man on his toes, moving around a lot. He planted his feet and was trying to catch Khabib with a big left all night. Terrible.

I'm not interested in it whatsoever. Khabib was far too dominant and we never saw anything from Conor which proved he could change it or if he tweaked a few things the outcome would be different. Nahhh...

Comment

No need for that. At least, Nate Diaz fight was competitive until that submission

Comment

Can't see how it would be any different.

The only thing that would be different for Conor is that he wouldn't be going into a rematch after a huge period of inactivity, but would it really make much difference? would McGregor of a couple of years ago been sharper in the moments it was a stand up fight? probably but once it goes to ground v Khabib, it would've been the same story.

The term "styles make fights" is even more true in MMA.
                Last edited by TheBigLug; 10-07-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

The fact of the matter is the rematch will sell even better because of everything that went down post fight. Does connor deserve a rematch? NO he got dominated but $$$ talks!

Comment

He got a rematch with Diaz, why wouldn't he get one with Khabib?

Comment

Working...
                    X