Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Papa John have lost his chair position?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    I think that the distinction that should be realized is the context and where it's used.

You might call your girl "baby," but Jenny in Human Resources might not like that coming from you. Know what I'm saying?

He might have been able to slide if he was at a house party with his bros singing a Dre song.
    Ok, so was the girl on stage at the Kendrick Lamar concert singing the song a racist or was she just singing the lyrics? If a white person comes up to a black person and says the word but he isn't using it with ill intent is he racist? Context right? I'm not even talking about Papa John's i'm talking about black people using the word in general but then they get mad when someone else uses it, like at that concert.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      Ok, so was the girl on stage at the Kendrick Lamar concert singing the song a racist or was she just singing the lyrics? If a white person comes up to a black person and says the word but he isn't using it with ill intent is he racist? Context right? I'm not even talking about Papa John's i'm talking about black people using the word in general but then they get mad when someone else uses it, like at that concert.
      I'm not saying that any of them are racist. I'm not even saying that Papa John was racist for what he said.

All I'm saying is that there is a time and a place. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with anyone saying it at a concert. But you have to know when it's certainly not appropriate, like on a business conference call, bro. That's all I'm saying.

But as to the latter point, all I was trying to say was you might allow certain people who are close to you say certain things, but not others. I think everyone has that right at least, right?

The funny thing is...the situation regarding Papa John probably doesn't involve any black people at all. lol.
      Last edited by travestyny; 07-12-2018, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        I'm not saying that any of them are racist. I'm not even saying that Papa John was racist for what he said.

All I'm saying is that there is a time and a place. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with anyone saying it at a concert. But you have to know when it's certainly not appropriate, like on a business conference call, bro. That's all I'm saying.

But as to the latter point, all I was trying to say was you might allow certain people who are close to you say certain things, but not others. I think everyone has that right at least, right?

The funny thing is...the situation regarding Papa John probably doesn't involve any black people at all. lol.
        Yeah I get it, i'm with you bro

Comment

Working...
        X