Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: We Won't Let You Play With Our Balls To Overpay Wilder!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This fight is regional and not global as neither man is a crossover mainstream draw among casual fans outside of Great Britain; Which results in a much smaller purse than a $100 Mil.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      AJ can make that money fighting other people. Maybe 20% less but not much less.

I don't agree with a flat fee. But I don't agree with 40% either. That's what PACQUIAO got against Mayweather... Wilder is not a draw. He deserves something between 20 and 35% max.
      So why not offer the $12M guarantee, and up to 40% of the gross if the fight meets certain numbers? Its easy to say Wilder isn’t a draw. Or, Wilder’s highest purse is $2M or whatever. But if the fight ends up being a box office hit, Wilder should be compensated.

It kinda reminds me of the Floyd-DLH event. People love to say Floyd was the B-side, which he was. But that fight sold more than a million PPVs more than DLH did with anybody else. So to say Floyd didn’t play a major role in that is ridiculous. I feel the same about Wilder-AJ. The fight has some buzz. More than Hearn would have you believe. There’s a lot of people that don’t care about boxing that are interested in this fight.

Comment

• I dont know why not Eddie? You played with Kell and golovkin's b@lls.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
          Why wouldn’t moving the fight time to accommodate American PPV make sense? London is about five hours ahead of NYC. If they do the ring walks at midnight over there, it would be primetime over here. AJ is a star over there. It doesn’t matter if he fights at four o’clock in the morning, they’re gonna watch him. On the other hand, the fight does a helluva lot better over here if it’s in primetime, as opposed to four or five o’clock for somebody like me living in the CST.
          Because they have never sold any PPV there, business wise that would be suicidal, hence why no one is putting that idea forward. Wilder has never sold any PPV, Joshua has never sold a PPV and this fight is guarantee to sell over here. Am sorry but I cannot make it clearer than that. A guarantee market against a market that they have never sold to.... no business minded person would take that risk unless they have build the fight for like two years for that market.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
            So why not offer the $12M guarantee, and up to 40% of the gross if the fight meets certain numbers? Its easy to say Wilder isn’t a draw. Or, Wilder’s highest purse is $2M or whatever. But if the fight ends up being a box office hit, Wilder should be compensated.

It kinda reminds me of the Floyd-DLH event. People love to say Floyd was the B-side, which he was. But that fight sold more than a million PPVs more than DLH did with anybody else. So to say Floyd didn’t play a major role in that is ridiculous. I feel the same about Wilder-AJ. The fight has some buzz. More than Hearn would have you believe. There’s a lot of people that don’t care about boxing that are interested in this fight.
            Are you blind? If wilder gets 25 or 30%, he gets compensated plenty... I don't think he deserves 40%, that's my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Because they have never sold any PPV there, business wise that would be suicidal, hence why no one is putting that idea forward. Wilder has never sold any PPV, Joshua has never sold a PPV and this fight is guarantee to sell over here. Am sorry but I cannot make it clearer than that. A guarantee market against a market that they have never sold to.... no business minded person would take that risk unless they have build the fight for like two years for that market.
              What are you risking by moving the start time to accommodate American TV? You can still do all the British TV, Sky Sports, yada yada. Everything remains the same in the UK except the time the fights starts. Is AJ not a big enough star over there for folks to sit up late and watch him fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
                Well offer him 30%. Duh, that's a no brainer.
                Bette still, present a counter offer. What do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  Are you blind? If wilder gets 25 or 30%, he gets compensated plenty... I don't think he deserves 40%, that's my point.
                  Your point is wrong if the fight exceeds anything AJ has done before as far as numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
                    what the eff it means "play with our balls"?

anyways Wilder should get at least 18 million $
                    Maybe he should rob the bank.

Comment

• So Wilder is fighting Breazeale next for $1 mil.
                      Kills me.

Comment

Working...
                      X