No announcement yet.

Opinions on Wilder v Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Wilder v Fury

Just wanted to know what everyone is thinking about the fight, now that is has been fully announced, and what approach the fighters will adopt considering the (relative) magnitude of the fight?

Will we see a new style from Deontay Wilder? Someone taking a more cautious approach considering Fury's elusiveness? Could it go the distance?

Opinions.

EDIT: Where and how will everyone be watching it?

Lets try not to bring the other champ and his promotor into this. It starts arguments.

I think the fight is farcical and that fury is in no way shape or form ready for wilder. He will get stopped within 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
      I think the fight is farcical and that fury is in no way shape or form ready for wilder. He will get stopped within 3.
      Arguably, Fury is not really like anything he has faced previously. I know that Cunningham put him down and he is obviously not unbeatable!

Is this the first time that Wilder is giving up the height and reach advantage?

Comment

Fury would obviously want to use his jab and tie Wilder up at every opportunity, He would probably need to close Wilder up so that he doesn't get leverage on his long, wild right hand. Wilder would probably need space, a lot of space to be able to do damage to Fury. I think stamina/Endurance would be key in this fight because Fury is going to need every bit of it. This is championship level, he would be in there with someone who would be throwing a lot from different angles, i see Wilder taking him out around the 9/10th round. Just as Fury becomes more tired.

Comment

I think Wilder better work on his timing and aim because Fury can snooze him to a wide ud. But I have a feeling If Wilder can make the rounds competitive even if hes losing, he will still win the fight. I don't think Fury has a chance to win a decision unless its a complete domination. As of right now, I am happy its made, my excitement isnt that high because Fury just isnt that fun to watch, but i know the weekend of the fight I am going to be pumped up.

Comment

really interesting clash of styles, wild swinging vs. awkward purist. the only thing that makes it competitive is Fury's layoff, but if Fury shows up then can't see Wilder laying a glove on him. Wilder is custom-made for Fury

Comment

Fight is too early in Tyson Fury's comeback, and his preparation is terrible. He basically has a trainer who is a boxercise coach who can do little more than show him rudimentary boxing workouts. He has no track record for setting up gameplans and performing under pressure on the grandest stage. This is a terrible time to find out whether or not Ben Davison has what it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                Fight is too early in Tyson Fury's comeback, and his preparation is terrible. He basically has a trainer who is a boxercise coach who can do little more than show him rudimentary boxing workouts. He has no track record for setting up gameplans and performing under pressure on the grandest stage. This is a terrible time to find out whether or not Ben Davison has what it takes.
                that is a really good point, they are gonna need a decent gameplan

Comment

Fury has always been an overrated joke. Wilder is limited, but his right hand power will be the difference-maker. Fury will be exposed, and a win over Fury is nothing to rave about. But expect Wilder and his fans to act as though he just beat a prime Ali/Foreman/Frazier all in the same night.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
                    really interesting clash of styles, wild swinging vs. awkward purist. the only thing that makes it competitive is Fury's layoff, but if Fury shows up then can't see Wilder laying a glove on him. Wilder is custom-made for Fury
                    Realistically, he just has to do enough in the first 7 and the coast which, even with the layoff, he can do? I know there’s so many other variables in that but as you said, if he shows up!

Comment

Working...
                    X