Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be surprised if GGG actually outboxes Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
    spot on.

it's like when people say Amir Khan has never been outboxed by anyone, just stopped. surely timing your opponent and knocking him out is outboxing them, as timing is a big part of boxing. if you get timed and stopped, you got outboxed.

same with GGG and Canelo. Canelo did not dictate anything in the ring last time. GGG forced the pace and pressure, they are also attributes and a style of boxing which was more effective in that fight. so yeah, Canelo got outboxed.

People get confused and think looking flashier means you outbox someone.
    Haha Amir Khan, he was getting timed in the Garcia fight before the knockout, the same thing before the Canelo knockout and so on. Dude just gets knocked out before it gets to a decision loss

But on a serious note, i find it hilarious that people think you have to move and do pull counters and show slick head movement to “outbox” an opponent.

Boxing is about fighting a fight you choose to initiate.
    If your opponent is consistently reacting to what you put out there, you are dictating and “outboxing” your opponent.

Look at Amir Khan, people look at him as a great “boxer”
    Why? Because he runs around and throws blistering repetitive shots that the opponents are now easily countering
    He fights like an amateur, and I *ucking hate useless amateur boxing lol

Comment

GGG cant box, but he has a good jab and some power.

Canelo will outbox the larger Ggg and use speed to win.

Cant wait.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        Yes it would surprise me a lot...WHY??? Canelo is the faster fighter with the better punch variety, his foot work is superior and his I.Q seems higher. I believe in the 1st fight he fought kinda of scared and was fearful of the myth of GGG like Ward was of Kovalev in the 1st fight. Do not be surprised to see a more aggressive Canelo more willing to fight on the inside this time around as he had a lot of success there in the 1st fight.
        And the end result will be like that of the second ward kovalev fight,... of course without the low blow controversy. Aside from the gift draw for Canelo, GGG will once again outclass an “entitiled” fighter that was supposed to be the “giant killer” of Fm. And haters call GGG a hype job. Goes both ways brother. If Canelo opens up in an aggressive fashion, GGG will punish him and hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
          GGG cant box, but he has a good jab and some power.

Canelo will outbox the larger Ggg and use speed to win.

Cant wait.
          Your going to be waiting a long time I'm afraid..

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasJK View Post
            And the end result will be like that of the second ward kovalev fight,... of course without the low blow controversy. Aside from the gift draw for Canelo, GGG will once again outclass an “entitiled” fighter that was supposed to be the “giant killer” of Fm. And haters call GGG a hype job. Goes both ways brother. If Canelo opens up in an aggressive fashion, GGG will punish him and hurt him.
            you mean where Kovalev gets busted up and rocked and runs around the ring? every time Canelo opened up GGG did absolutely nothing man..GGG had his success when Canelo would move away and NOT throw

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              Your going to be waiting a long time I'm afraid..
              Fortunately we've got one night to find out! Can't wait!

Although you're a clown and wrong about everything I respect your passion and dedication.

Enjoy tomorrow night!

Comment

I must've missed the "outclassing" that happened last September. I remember Canelo landing almost all of the meaningful power punches and demonstrating quality defense while Gennady had an excellent jab and high (ineffective) work rate.

I'm not seeing where Gennady can improve at all other than landing a lucky punch. Canelo, meanwhile, has a smaller neck so I expect his stamina to be better and speed to be better.

Ca$hnelo TKO (by ref) or UD with 1+ KD

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                  you mean where Kovalev gets busted up and rocked and runs around the ring? every time Canelo opened up GGG did absolutely nothing man..GGG had his success when Canelo would move away and NOT throw
                  Dont forget those nut shots Larry. Come on man, fess up and accept the truth you want to deny. Hey it’s all good. Never cared for either one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                    I must've missed the "outclassing" that happened last September. I remember Canelo landing almost all of the meaningful power punches and demonstrating quality defense while Gennady had an excellent jab and high (ineffective) work rate.

I'm not seeing where Gennady can improve at all other than landing a lucky punch. Canelo, meanwhile, has a smaller neck so I expect his stamina to be better and speed to be better.

Ca$hnelo TKO (by ref) or UD with 1+ KD
                    Oh sure,... that skinnier neck will snap back alot more once it feels that diesel piston jab of Golovkins. That’s all the better for GGG. I bet canelo is laying on his suite bed with multiple IV’s rehydrating like a science fiction movie.

Comment

Dont forget those nut shots Larry. Come on man, fess up and accept the truth you want to deny. Hey it’s all good. Never cared for either one of them.
                      Ward kicked his ass man..that right hand that left him on queer street was the beginning of the end...No need to find an excuse for why he lost..Ward found out the fear was not real and moved in closer and the truth was revealed..People lose in life a lot over fear!!!.Once you weather the storm and it comes back you realize how to stay dry...

Comment

Working...
                      X