Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why hasn't Jacobs name been mentioned for GGG may 5th?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG wanted same day weigh in and as a CC at 190 same day of fight Jacobs had to decline

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
      So you think training for Canelo is similar to training for Jacobs? training for 6'1" Sulecki similar to training for Golovkin?
      You think you can just call up whoever and say "hey, can you be ready to fight GGG in 5 weeks?". Not too many opponents out there are going to take on the biggest fight of their career on short notice. The Charley Burleys of the world no longer exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        You must have missed the part where I said they work out a deal with the guy they're fighting.
        No. You can't just work out a deal with JUST the opponent though. You have to workout a deal with the WBA as well. It's not as simple as just giving Sulecki step aside money. He's in no position to do so. Sulecki wants a title shot as well. He's worked his entire life in order to get a shot and prove he's the best.

You can't just go to your opponent and say "I wanna fight a big money fight again and get a chance to be champion, is it cool if you let me leap frog over you without having to fight you, and make you wait for another year or so to get this chance again?" And you certainly can't just go to the WBA and say "hey, I know I'm in this title eliminator, but is there a way I can skip this title eliminator and just fight for the title all while you keep my exact same ranking once I call the fight off. Oh, and also keep my same ranking even if I lose. I'd appreciate it fam" Boxing just doesn't work that way.
        Last edited by Street15; 04-03-2018, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          So you think training for Canelo is similar to training for Jacobs? training for 6'1" Sulecki similar to training for Golovkin?
          They have 4 weeks still to adjust and they've already been in the ring with each other. Not the hardest thing to do I'm guessing

Comment

Originally posted by Street15 View Post
            No. You can't just work out a deal with JUST the opponent though. You have to workout a deal with the WBA as well. It's not as simple as just giving Sulecki step aside money. He's in no position to do so. Sulecki wants a title shot as well. He's worked his entire life in order to get a shot and prove he's the best.

You can't just say "I wanna fight a big money fight again and get a chance to be champion, is it cool if you let me leap frog over you without having to fight you, and make you wait for another year or so to get this chance again?" Boxing just doesn't work that way.
            It works that way every day of the week. How many times have you seen a guy been the number 1 contender then he has to fight one or 2 fights that's are not the title fight. Whyte is the number one for Wilder I think and they're making him fight someone else again as a preliminary for the top stop.

Comment

I think people underestimate the use of training camp and the effectiveness of it. You train 2 months for a specific fighter. You'd need almost an entirely new camp to train for a different type of fighter. There's a reason why replacement fighters aren't always of the high B or A class caliber fighters (like a Jacobs for instance). Boxers take matches seriously, and rightfully so.

Comment

It works that way every day of the week. How many times have you seen a guy been the number 1 contender then he has to fight one or 2 fights that's are not the title fight. Whyte is the number one for Wilder I think and they're making him fight someone else again as a preliminary for the top stop.
                That's not the same thing though. You're talking about apples and screwdrivers here. For example: Let's say Whyte is next in line (which in reality he is for the WBC) and the WBC are forcing him to fight in a title eliminator against Povetkin - Whyte can't just say "hey Povetkin, we have to fight each other in order to get to Wilder, and I know you want a shot at the title too, but how about you just let me leapfrog over you so I can fight Wilder and you just sit on the sidelines and have to start this process all over again". Not to mention he'd be forfeiting his WBC title eliminating position.

It just doesn't work that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Street15 View Post
                  That's not the same thing though. You're talking about apples and screwdrivers here. For example: Let's say Whyte is next in line (which in reality he is for the WBC) and the WBC are forcing him to fight in a title eliminator against Povetkin - Whyte can't just say "hey Povetkin, we have to fight each other in order to get to Wilder, and I know you want a shot at the title too, but how about you just let me leapfrog over you so I can fight Wilder and you just sit on the sidelines and have to start this process all over again". Not to mention he'd be forfeiting his WBC title eliminating position.

It just doesn't work that way.
                  But is does work that way lol. Alvarez has been Stevenson mandatory for like 2 years now and keeps taking payoffs to let That stiff fight other people who are not unification fights. They take a payoff and step aside. So they offer that lid like 100k and he retains his status for a mandatory and Jacobs drops if he loses to GGG. Boxing is the most corrupt sport ever and anything can be solved with enough $$$
                  Last edited by Jsmooth9876; 04-03-2018, 02:16 PM.

Comment

They have 4 weeks still to adjust and they've already been in the ring with each other. Not the hardest thing to do I'm guessing
                    Seems like it would be a lot but maybe not. Doesn't help that it's still a week away that the Commision will even rule on Canelo. We're assuming the fight is off but that might not be.

edit: missed the other thread about Canelo withdrawing...
                    Last edited by 4truth; 04-03-2018, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                      cause its pointless. hes already beat jacobs and people gave him no credit for it.
                      Exactly on point.

Comment

Working...
                      X