Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people assuming Canelo-GGG happens in Sept or even happens at all?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    The two teams seem to want this. Esp evidenced by the courtesy Canelo did when he bowed out of the fight so that Golovkin would have time to salvage the event. They seem to want to do this. Sept is optimistic but I think fans have no faith in the idea that a guy actually gets the recommended suspension. They're so used to seeing people get off with less.
    Yea but do you see Canelo fighting GGG in Sept coming off a 1 year layoff?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      I personally don't think it's going to happen in Sept. But, I'm not surprised that others are expecting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        It's soft touch time after that. Spike vs Canelo I'm fine with if Spike keeps winning.

Comment

lawsuit. open and shut case.

Comment

Probably because Canelo said that's the fight he wants next and if Canelo avoids it, it's really bad PR for him.

Comment

I can see GGG wanting the fight because of the money it brings in. Sooner rather than later would be better for him as he's edging towards the end of his career. So I think he may be down for September.
              I'm not so sure Canelo would want that fight straight away after being out of the ring a good while though.

I'd prefer to see GGG fight in May then BJS in September.
              But yeah, who knows if we get the rematch now.

Comment

Wishful thinking I guess. I sure want it to happen then, I am sad it isn't happening on May 5th.

Comment

The two teams seem to want this. Esp evidenced by the courtesy Canelo did when he bowed out of the fight so that Golovkin would have time to salvage the event. They seem to want to do this. Sept is optimistic but I think fans have no faith in the idea that a guy actually gets the recommended suspension. They're so used to seeing people get off with less.
                  I'm stunned a fighter of this caliber was suspended at all. A 1 year suspension is simply bad for boxing. Do a 6 month suspension and require enrollment into 24/7 365.

If he ever tests positive again automatic 1 year (or more).

Appropriate punishment is 6 months AND unconditional enrollment into VADA 365

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                    I'm stunned a fighter of this caliber was suspended at all. A 1 year suspension is simply bad for boxing. Do a 6 month suspension and require enrollment into 24/7 365.

If he ever tests positive again automatic 1 year (or more).

Appropriate punishment is 6 months AND unconditional enrollment into VADA 365
                    I thought he was "too big to fail" but they might decide to make an example of him.

Comment

I thought he was "too big to fail" but they might decide to make an example of him.
                      Ditto.

Time will tell.

If they follow through on Ca$hnelo boxing will be in limbo again.

Bop Trashrum not promoting Loma or TC remotely right.

So sad. And I cant be bothered by Klit 2.0 AJ or windmills

Comment

Working...
                      X