Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ Klitschko did amazing numbers worldwide. Why is Wilder not a star?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you knew boxing you'd know that answer.He's fought randoms,bums,tomato cans and cab drivers.Gotta do better than that.

Comment

Wilder needs some better dance partners. Better fights and he will do great numbers..

Comment

The Brits are very loyal boxing fans if they can produce a champion...and the Klitscko's created a dynasty in Germany. Mexicans are also really loyal fans. Wilder has done nothing really to capture the imaginations of American fans.

Comment

I think Wilder was poorly managed in his early years, you never saw him on undercards or ESPN friday night fights that I remember.

I remember it wasn't that long ago he did a $5 online ppv that looked like it was filmed on a phone.

Lot of promotors have lost the art of getting your name out there, and just go for the most money at the time.

Comment

because he fights bums, why would anyone be hyped about watching one of windmill wilders fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Americans to busy being offended by sh^t on social media to watch boxing.
              Whats the reason for americans being so offended easily? I recognize in many american news outlets and their respective commentary section that you cant say anything without someone being offended.

Comment

It's all about rivalries. The AJ vs Whyte pre-fight feud did a lot to raise awareness of AJ among casuals, same thing with Bellew/Haye. It takes more than shouting "Bombsquaaaaad" to captivate people.

Comment

Wilder needs a big break out fight. He needs to fight a name like a Klitschko, Joshua or Fury.

Comment

Boxing is slow and surely becoming less relevant in USA.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                      Wilder needs a big break out fight. He needs to fight a name like a Klitschko, Joshua or Fury.
                      If he wanted to fight a fat coke addict, oh wait... you just mentioned Fury, never mind.

Comment

Working...
                      X