Glowacki - Usyk set for September in Poland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
    You rate Hück higher than Drozd ?

Under performed, really ? I thought Glowacki was his usually high work technically limited fighter he is, he's exceptionally slow and basic except for a big telegraphed right hand. I was shocked you even picked him, when TheBoxingExpert aka TheBoxingFückwit picked him I was convinced he had never even watched an Usyk fight.

Decisions are made wrong all the time, I got Klitschko vs Fists if Fluff drastically wrong when I'm rooting for a particular boxer I'm often blinded by bias and I'll ask a friend for an opinion, I was convinced Chisora would walk through Haye take his bests shots smile and knock him, my hate for Haye clouded my judgement beyond rationalely breaking down the fight.

I've nothing against Glowacki but damn he's limited. He's a tough sob though, I'll give him his dues he'll come again against limited champions like Bellew.
    Yes, I do. Drozd is old and inactive. You don't need to count him in the mix here.

I though Glowacki would use his experience to make it a long fight and wear him down to a win on the cards but it was a misjudgment, obviously. He was simply outclassed and all credit to Usyk, he is special no doubt.

I bet and won money on Fury in the first fight btw, I have mentioned it before. Most of the time I call the right decisions but hey, nobody's perfect. It's boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      Yes, I do. Drozd is old and inactive. You don't need to count him in the mix here.

I though Glowacki would use his experience to make it a long fight and wear him down to a win on the cards but it was a misjudgment, obviously. He was simply outclassed and all credit to Usyk, he is special no doubt.

I bet and won money on Fury in the first fight btw, I have mentioned it before. Most of the time I call the right decisions but hey, nobody's perfect. It's boxing.
      You don't think he's technically superior to Glowacki, Bellew and Huck, and would not provide a test to Usyk. The other guys are limited bums glorified cave men.

I think he was totally outclassed, two rounds at a push from my viewpoint no more. That is being fair to him, I'll credit him because he wasn't stopped he showed grit steel and determination something I believe Huck lacks, Bellew is a durable guy with absolutely no skill and a lesser punch than Glowacki no interest in that fight whatsoever I guess I'd prefer an Huck showdown outright instead.

You cast Drozd away as though he is a lesser challenger than the other guys mentioned, you really believe that ? I see Drozd beating all those guys, Usyk I'm not so sure. This guy is going all the way to heavyweight to establish himself.

Comment

You don't think he's technically superior to Glowacki, Bellew and Huck, and would not provide a test to Usyk. The other guys are limited bums glorified cave men.

I think he was totally outclassed, two rounds at a push from my viewpoint no more. That is being fair to him, I'll credit him because he wasn't stopped he showed grit steel and determination something I believe Huck lacks, Bellew is a durable guy with absolutely no skill and a lesser punch than Glowacki no interest in that fight whatsoever I guess I'd prefer an Huck showdown outright instead.

You cast Drozd away as though he is a lesser challenger than the other guys mentioned, you really believe that ? I see Drozd beating all those guys, Usyk I'm not so sure. This guy is going all the way to heavyweight to establish himself.
        Well I'd rather see him face the top guys instead of an inactive veteran who's no threat. There's plenty of better and fresher comp.

Comment

• Good fight but Usyk didn't impress me. I expected more.

Glowacki was a clone of Szpilka.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoliviaChiLEsp View Post
            Good fight but Usyk didn't impress me. I expected more.

Glowacki was a clone of Szpilka.
            The old saying.. Win today and you can look good another day.. Usyk conserved his energy and did not go ballistic on Glowacki who has a good chin and good engine.. Usyk had te better power and better game plan.. Glowacki made is a dog fight for a while but Usyk was too nimble for a 200lbs man..

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
              The old saying.. Win today and you can look good another day.. Usyk conserved his energy and did not go ballistic on Glowacki who has a good chin and good engine.. Usyk had te better power and better game plan.. Glowacki made is a dog fight for a while but Usyk was too nimble for a 200lbs man..
              You were impressed by the footwork. Me too.

What did you make of the slip ?

Comment

You were impressed by the footwork. Me too.

What did you make of the slip ?
                Counter punching and Foot work were pretty impressive.. Tbh I thought he lost his balance because of the punch which landed on his chest, so it was a KD genuinely.. But again ref said no.. Replays showed that though he was in an awkward feet position he fell after the punch..
                But good God! Glowacki hit him thrice whilst he was in the floor and I thought the ref almost stopped to disqualify him.. He only said its a slip.. Bollocks!

Comment

• That was no KD, it was a slip.

Comment

• Usyk is rapidly becoming a star in boxing!

Comment

Working...
                    X