No announcement yet.

low-income housing and Section 8 housing fraud

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    This is the case in almost all cases of people i know living in section 8 housing.

The system is taken advantage way too much
    It's unbelievable. It's a way of life for millions of people. I don't really care about that but now the single working man can't afford a nice place and has to live side by side condition for condition with them. A modest 40 hour a week salary is poverty now but you have to go to work everyday for the privilege Why work then?

Unless you can go over a hundred grand easily in your career you might as well just get a part time job bagging groceries and rely on benifits for everything else.

Comment

http://www.cbpp.org/files/2-24-09hous-sec2.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
        These people use very small percent of our resources, its a non issue. The amount of people who are actually taking advantage of the system is an even smaller fraction. *****ing about the people who are doing even worse off than yourself is ignorant and accomplishes nothing.
        This.

The claim that "cheats" are living on the sweat from all of our brows with accompanying anecdotes of the likes of Lizzy Bardsley and Mohamed Bouzalim is compelling and aggravating. But it's concentrating on the outliers, on the very worst of people. I've known people myself that have worked while claiming benefits or claimed more than they should. The important thing to remember is that the actual cost, and it's the actual cost which is important, is a tiny proportion of the actual costs of welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
          Anybody get irritated at the amount of this that goes on. Not just that but the fact that a single working guy making decent but not great money can barely afford to get a place. I know guys who pay 1000 a month for places that aren't as nice as some of the welfare whores I know have from section 8.

Plus with the government paying Landlords top dollar for rent for these losers they have no reason to drop the prices for people that actually work to make them affordable

Now when I say losers I'm not referring to the people who work full time but make minimum wage or the true single mothers in hard times but I know girls who have babies JUST to get the housing and benefits. Many of them.. I'm talking 2nd generation welfare skanks who's mom taught them to do it that way. It's completely out of control at this point.

I know some welfare is needed and there are many people that abuse tax dollars including the cops, courts, and government workers ect ect but I just want to talk about this because of the negative effect it has on rent pricing for people who actually work but only make a modest salary.
          Rental rates are based on property taxes, mortgages, inflation rate, etc., not on the amount of Section 8 fraud in your area. If you think the government pays top dollar for your rental property and is causing everyone else to raise their rates, you're wrong. As Jose830 already mentioned, he is getting less money from Section 8 for his property than he could have had he rented/leased the apartment to someone on his own terms.

Also, do you really expect landlords to lower the rent, and make less money, just because you work hard for your modest salary? Landlords buy and rent properties to make a profit. Period. It's a business, not a charity.

Comment

One thing....abolish HUD, the department of housing and urban development.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post
              dont hate the player,hate the system!
              This man is right. No need to take it out on the people taking advantage of this. Blame the Govt. Abolish HUD so these Housing Authorities don't get any more funding. And let the Free market work.

The same way...don't be mad at Corporations if some subsidies are divvied up. They're just trying to get a piece of the govt pie. Blame Govt and take away their power to give out subsidies and discretionary spending in the first place.

Comment

Working...
              X