No announcement yet.

I wonder how Mickey Ward is taking Gatti's death

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder how Mickey Ward is taking Gatti's death

any news on him guys and girls? they had arguably the most exciting trilogy in boxing of the last 15 years, but i know they were close friends...it's sickens me thaT gatti is gone---anybody hear or read anything on mickey ward?

sorry if this has already been posted---

I believe ESPN had a phone interview with him a few weeks ago during FNF. Like others, he was deeply sadden by the loss. He mentioned that after their battles he had the utmost respect for him.

Comment

I would imagine hard,he did train gatti in his last fight,i know freitas was devistated him and arturo were close.

Comment

He's sad normally.

He was at the funeral in Canda and at all the masses in New Jersey along with the rest of the guys.

Cracked a few smiles but you could see the ywere forced.Micky is the thype of guy that doesn't exteriorize himself that much.He's the tough blue collar guy that just does his thing.

Comment

Yeh i read an interview from ward and he was obviously very upset over the loss....
          Just a day or two after....

Comment

He's gotta be stung by it. He became part of Gatti's team and was trainin him at the end. They were close friends too.

Comment

they became friends...so it was sad for him obviously......both warriors...

Comment

check this out mite help.

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/863/those..._of_his_death/

Comment

I would imagine that he is taking it hard. those two guys became GREAT friends after their epic battles...still very sad to hear about Gatti and Vernon as well. God rest their souls, AMEN.

Comment

Working...
                  X