Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Manny KOs Miguel will Cotto fans blame it on Plaster?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
    if he fought and won a title there then you could make a valid argument
    Cotto started his Amateur boxing as a LW and won medals. So I guess he's a LW that he's just blown up to become a WW champ then right.

Just cause someone can make a certain weight doesn't mean that that is their weight. Case in point was ODLH. Yeah, he made WW to fight Pacman, but that obviously wasn't his BEST weight. Pacman has been bouncing around weights so much as of late it's kind of hard to determine where he fits in right now. I'd say LW personally.

Comment

i swear, everyone else gets to bait and make generalizations but the moment ole mak tries it, people jump all over me...geezus
      Nah, it been something bugging me for a while and your just the first to say something about that on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by rod_serrs View Post
        Would you look good fighting out of one eye. Clottey's right was the only thing landing really. Coincedence? Plus look at the fight again Clottey looked foolish several times going for big punches and hitting nothing at all. Nothing against Clottey but a one eyed Cotto was able to keep the fight competitive.
        Look, im not even trying to bash Cotto or anything, but he lost that fight to me. And he was getting hit from different kinds of punches and not just right hand leads. he was getting out boxed round one before the knock down and was getting tagged even before the cut arrived. Cotto does not have spectacular defense. Yes Clottey did miss alot of his haymakers, but he landed plenty of other punches.

And honestly, all Cotto did for the 2nd half of the fight was run around the ring and throw the occasional srl combo. if another fighter would of did that you guys call it running, but when cotto does it, its boxing?? nope

now cotto shouldnt have to put his belt on the line and i dont agree with all of the other crap going on this website in the recent hours about people being scared and this and that. all im saying is Cotto didnt look impressive against Clottey and i thought he lost

Comment

if he fought and won a title there then you could make a valid argument
          there are no valid arguments in this forum. everything you say is not valid

Comment

Cotto started his Amateur boxing as a LW and won medals. So I guess he's a LW that he's just blown up to become a WW champ then right.

Just cause someone can make a certain weight doesn't mean that that is their weight. Case in point was ODLH. Yeah, he made WW to fight Pacman, but that obviously wasn't his BEST weight. Pacman has been bouncing around weights so much as of late it's kind of hard to determine where he fits in right now. I'd say LW personally.

lightweight, superfeather, junior welter, former flyweight...he could fit all those descriptions...a full-on welter? not so much

and goin back to the amateurs, it doesnt really count...Roy fought at FW but it's not even a valid argument...i was talkin about pro fights with pro titles...not 13 year olds battling each other

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Happy View Post
              there are no valid arguments in this forum. everything you say is not valid

there's plenty of valid arguments around here...unfortunately, none from you

Comment

Originally posted by C.Y. View Post
                Look, im not even trying to bash Cotto or anything, but he lost that fight to me. And he was getting hit from different kinds of punches and not just right hand leads. he was getting out boxed round one before the knock down and was getting tagged even before the cut arrived. Cotto does not have spectacular defense. Yes Clottey did miss alot of his haymakers, but he landed plenty of other punches.

And honestly, all Cotto did for the 2nd half of the fight was run around the ring and throw the occasional srl combo. if another fighter would of did that you guys call it running, but when cotto does it, its boxing?? nope

now cotto shouldnt have to put his belt on the line and i dont agree with all of the other crap going on this website in the recent hours about people being scared and this and that. all im saying is Cotto didnt look impressive against Clottey and i thought he lost
                Majority of the people who watched the fight gave the fight to Clottey.

True story

Comment

Originally posted by BraggartKilla View Post
                  Majority of the people who watched the fight gave the fight to Clottey.

True story
                  Prove thats a true story. Clottey allowed the fight to be more competitive than it should have been. That's a true story. Lederman had Cotto winning by same score as myself. The fact is that both sides can make an argument for a win. 7-5 Clottey or 6-6 Cotto. I can see either of these scores being legit and I'm a Cotto fan.

Comment

Prove thats a true story. Clottey allowed the fight to be more competitive than it should have been. That's a true story. Lederman had Cotto winning by same score as myself. The fact is that both sides can make an argument for a win. 7-5 Clottey or 6-6 Cotto. I can see either of these scores being legit and I'm a Cotto fan.
                    ok well if thats the case then you have no quarrel with my analysis of the fight.

also clottey was fighting through an injury as well, true story.

no excuses for either fighter, we have opposing views on who won the fight

Comment

Originally posted by C.Y. View Post
                      Look, im not even trying to bash Cotto or anything... Cotto didnt look impressive against Clottey and i thought he lost
                      just by virtue alone that he kept fighting (or even running if you want to go that way) severely handicapped against a top WW and didn't opt to have the fight stopped... I'll give the man credit right there and call it impressive

especially in this day and age where you have numerous Pro athletes (in all sports) more interested in collecting $$$ rather than putting it on the line

impressive

Comment

Working...
                      X