• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
    Lennox Lewis
    Froch
    Calazaghe
    Hamed - would have been higher if he didn't retire so young after his first loss
    Hatton
    Mcguigan
    ------
    Following would have been higher if they fought Toney when he called them out.
    Eubank
    Benn

England has a good history of great boxers.

And right now, England is a hotbed in boxing!

Comment

We don't really have a top 10 but maybe a top 3...

1. Rex Tso
      2. Jun Long Zhang
      3. Zhang Zhilei
      4. Taishan Dong
      5. Zhou Shiming

Pretty pathetic list if I say so myself. Only one worth mentioning is Rex Tso who is fringe contender and he's not even from China but Hong Kong, my home city.

Big up Hong Kong - proud of you Rex

Comment

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
        We don't really have a top 10 but maybe a top 3...

1. Rex Tso
        2. Jun Long Zhang
        3. Zhang Zhilei
        4. Taishan Dong
        5. Zhou Shiming

Pretty pathetic list if I say so myself. Only one worth mentioning is Rex Tso who is fringe contender and he's not even from China but Hong Kong, my home city.

Big up Hong Kong - proud of you Rex
        I cant quite understand China. It's population should produce a plethora of athletes but they always seem to struggle. There was a period where China produces some great swimmers but it's seemed to die down. It's kinda like India who are cricket crazy and although they are good. Australia beat them more often then not. Australia also have 4 other major sports codes. Australia also beat China a lot when it comes to football. Gotta remember India and China's population is 1 billion. Where Australia is only 20 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh knight View Post
          I personally think he is a bit overrated. Why do you think he should be 3rd?
          Because he accomplished more and was straight up a better fighter than all of them except Fenech and Tzysu.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh knight View Post
            I cant quite understand China. It's population should produce a plethora of athletes but they always seem to struggle. There was a period where China produces some great swimmers but it's seemed to die down. It's kinda like India who are cricket crazy and although they are good. Australia beat them more often then not. Australia also have 4 other major sports codes. Australia also beat China a lot when it comes to football. Gotta remember India and China's population is 1 billion. Where Australia is only 20 million.
            I think it's really about how much the sports are funded and how much of an idol the people really have.

I mean, Badminton, Table Tennis and Tennis, Snooker have their own super heroes in Lin Dan, Ma Long, Li Na and Ding Junhui. They are phenomenal in the professional circuit but there aren't many other Chinese professionals elsewhere excluding Olympics.

Shiming was great as amateur but he's no way near a boxing superstar since his professional losses so I don't see him as the Messiah for the Chinese people. There will be someone else but it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
              Because he accomplished more and was straight up a better fighter than all of them except Fenech and Tzysu.
              Even Les Darcy?

Comment

10 boxer n Name:
                Robert Guerrero
                Devon Alexander
                Austin Trout
                Adrien Broner
                Danny Garcia
                Mikey Garcia
                Timothy Bradley
                Bernard Hopkins
                Andre Ward
                Floyd Mayweather

Thnx..

Comment

I'm not going to make an all time UK top 10 as that is too long a process but I will make a list of the top British fighters in my lifetime.

1. Lennox Lewis
                  2. Joe Calzaghe
                  3. Naseem Hamed
                  4. Chris Eubank
                  5. Ricky Hatton
                  6. Nigel Benn
                  7. David Haye
                  8. Amir Khan
                  9. Tyson Fury
                  10. Johnny Nelson

Kinda difficult to plave Fury on that list as he only has one stand out win, a great opponent no doubt but in ab oring, ugly, non boxing fight. But hey, he was at one stage THE heavyweight and that means something. I guess quite a few of those names could be in a different position.

It's surprising that a country with nowhere near as many boxing gyms and facilities as the US or Mexico can produce so many guys who were either top or near top of their divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
                    I think it's really about how much the sports are funded and how much of an idol the people really have.

I mean, Badminton, Table Tennis and Tennis, Snooker have their own super heroes in Lin Dan, Ma Long, Li Na and Ding Junhui. They are phenomenal in the professional circuit but there aren't many other Chinese professionals elsewhere excluding Olympics.

Shiming was great as amateur but he's no way near a boxing superstar since his professional losses so I don't see him as the Messiah for the Chinese people. There will be someone else but it's only a matter of time.
                    I agree, funding is a major part of it. I think if China can have a better funded boxing programme, maybe on the level of the US, with big tv deals then 20 or so years down the line they could have a number of professional stand outs, especially in the lower divisions.

Comment

Working...
                    X