Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have so much respect for Donaire for taking this fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to see Nonito Donaire vs. Rigo (which is on at the moment) and then Donaire - Abner Mares. That'd be special.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Yeah, but how did Rigo get to #1?
      Partly due to his own merits...... But also since Donaire was #3 and Nishi was #1 when they fought Donaire became champ and Rigo got bumped from #2 to #1

Might've misinterpreted ur first post after I said Donaire has fought the top guy in every division hes been in when u said u thought he would bypass Rigo..... I thought u were implying that Donaire would have left 22 without fighting the #1 guy when it's actually his 2nd time doing so

Comment

I agree, Nonito takes on all comers, but let's be realistic here. Who else did he have? The Mares fight wasn't going to ever happen for obvious reasons, and there's was demand from the boxing community to fight Rigo, so I think he's just what he's suppose to.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
          Partly due to his own merits...... But also since Donaire was #3 and Nishi was #1 when they fought Donaire became champ and Rigo got bumped from #2 to #1

Might've misinterpreted ur first post after I said Donaire has fought the top guy in every division hes been in when u said u thought he would bypass Rigo..... I thought u were implying that Donaire would have left 22 without fighting the #1 guy when it's actually his 2nd time doing so
          That's for clarifying. It was only yesterday and yet I've already forgotten. lol

Yes, what I meant was that I didn't expect Donaire to fight Rigo, regardless of rating within the division. Nonito was throwing around so many excuses why he wouldn't fight Guillermo that I didn't hold out much hope they'd meet.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            I agree, Nonito takes on all comers, but let's be realistic here. Who else did he have? The Mares fight wasn't going to ever happen for obvious reasons, and there's was demand from the boxing community to fight Rigo, so I think he's just what he's suppose to.
            He could've just hoped to 126, which he's likely to do if he beats Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
              Nothing new here..... Donaire has fought the top guy in every division he's been in
              He's also beat the #1 guy in 3 different divisions in a just a year and a half

Comment

That's for clarifying. It was only yesterday and yet I've already forgotten. lol

Yes, what I meant was that I didn't expect Donaire to fight Rigo, regardless of rating within the division. Nonito was throwing around so many excuses why he wouldn't fight Guillermo that I didn't hold out much hope they'd meet.
                U as well.....

See what u mean now

Comment

He could've just hoped to 126, which he's likely to do if he beats Rigo.
                  Sure, he could have done that, but he would have gotten a lot of flak for not fighting either Rigo or Mares.
                  Last edited by _original_; 02-27-2013, 02:12 AM.

Comment

I've seen a few rigo fights and highlights he's a pretty good fighter good speed and power fast feet but the opposition just isn't that good I mean imagine if donaire fought the same fighters he'd be knocking them out constantly too.

Idk I kinda see this like haye wald fight where he talked his way into it. And people just ran with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      He's also beat the #1 guy in 3 different divisions in a just a year and a half
                      Ffs that over rated hype job

Comment

Working...
                      X