My Audley Harrison Mistake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Audley Harrison Mistake

Dear users of boxingscene

I am here to admit the call I made was an absolutely crazy one, Audley Harrison looked terrible in there and why I ever believed Audley had the tools to Knock Price out is something even I do not fully understand. I thought Audley mean't business for this fight clearly i was wrong and hold my hands up and look back and realize all the people that were saying i was crazy for saying Audley would win this were right.

I'm not going to bother breaking the "fight" down, it wasn't a fight it was one man getting a paycheck vs an up and coming contender that was not pushed in any way shape or form. The fact that Audley lost doesn't dissapoint me but the way he went in there clearly not believing he could win dissapointed me a lot.

I hope to never seem him again in a boxing ring I don't want to see him picking up any other paychecks by talking himself into more fights, i was foolish to ever believe after the Haye disaster that the Audley Harrison from Olympics 2000 could ever return.

Don't worry about it, as boxing fans we always get suckered in at times and make crazy predictions because we follow our hearts! No need to apologise!

I am not going to lie, Audrey has suckered me in before but not this time, I know Price is for real and have said it for years. Live & learn I guess!

In fairness to Audrey he is old and those shots was heavy and would of put most guys to sleep! Audley always has been for me, a 'what if' fighter. We seen it vs Williams who tbf was well on the slide and that is the only time. Hopefully he retires now & I do see how he pulled you in as he adopted a new mentality, came in in great shape etc but the guy simply can not pull the trigger or take a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Don't worry about it, as boxing fans we always get suckered in at times and make crazy predictions because we follow our hearts! No need to apologise!

I am not going to lie, Audrey has suckered me in before but not this time, I know Price is for real and have said it for years. Live & learn I guess!

In fairness to Audrey he is old and those shots was heavy and would of put most guys to sleep! Audley always has been for me, a 'what if' fighter. We seen it vs Williams who tbf was well on the slide and that is the only time. Hopefully he retires now & I do see how he pulled you in as he adopted a new mentality, came in in great shape etc but the guy simply can not pull the trigger or take a punch.

Thanks appreciate this reply, yeah Sometimes your heart just rules your head and this was certainly one of those occasions for me, I agree the shots were big and not complaining about how he went down it was just his fear at throwing punches that annoyed me, guess I shouldn't of been suprised though. Hope to see him retire on the back of that peformance and like you said I think people will just remember him and think "what if"

Comment

Those shots by Price would have taken out a fukin rhino. Auderly came to fight, he spent nearly 25% of his purse on sparring and his camp and came in great shape so I guess he had intentions of winning.

Price is on another level the majority of people could only see one outcome but hey we all make dodgy calls from time to time. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it just don't let A-Force sucker you in again.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
          Those shots by Price would have taken out a fukin rhino. Auderly came to fight, he spent nearly 25% of his purse on sparring and his camp and came in great shape so I guess he had intentions of winning.

Price is on another level the majority of people could only see one outcome but hey we all make dodgy calls from time to time. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it just don't let A-Force sucker you in again.
          I believe he came to win to a certain degree but he looked scared spitless from the minute he walked to the ring till the minute he got K.O'd.

Yeah he won't sucker me in again although I doubt there ever will be an again can't see anyone wanting to fight him.

Comment

lol don't worry about it I used to pick Edison Miranda over everybody... it happens :P

Comment

Originally posted by ShovelThumb View Post
              lol don't worry about it I used to pick Edison Miranda over everybody... it happens :P
              :P, thanks

Comment

Audley has the tools to knock out just about any heavyweight. The man can punch.

Yes, Price's shots woulda have KOd most, but why did Audley get tagged with every punch that Price threw? Price doesnt have the quickest hands.

Audley had the tools to be great, but never got there. I don't dislike him, but he's done so much damage to boxing. He'll spend the rest of his life mentioning his gold medal every sixty seconds.

Comment

C'mon Audley don't be sad, you had a decent career but it's time to hang the gloves.

Comment

Working...
                  X