Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there so much hate on NSB for GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    pretty pathetic their is no way you can argue GGG being an all time great dude is delusional
    I know, and he says he is a grown man 😂 embarrassing

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      Now your lying! Unless you want to correct that and say ggg back didn’t touch the ropes. We can go play a drinking game and every time a fighter takes two steps back drink in that 2nd fight...
      That's how you are supposed to fight a pressure fighter. Move back move laterally don't give up the center of the ring and use your jab and land to the body Do not go to the ropes. How did Canelo handle Golovkin's pressure in the first fight? He went to the ropes where he was offensively ineffective. He neglected his jabs. He has a very good jab by the way. Gave up the center of the ring. You scored that fight 7-5 for Golovkin. I had it 8-4. In the second fight. Golovkin moved back did not give up the center of the ring used his jab and circled to find punching opportunities. He however did not go to the body which was a mistake. He may have been worried about counters but sometimes you have to bear down and accept you are going to get hit in order to land them. I had Golovkin winning that fight by two rounds.
      Last edited by TonyGe; 02-12-2020, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Because his fanboys need to rationalize stroking Canelo all day even though he's ducking the biggest fight out there for him?

Comment

i was never impressed with GGG to be honest, some call it hate but people have to realize how many great middleweights have graced the ring. Also ive watched thousands of fights live and study the sport daily, i train, coach and i box myself

Hagler, Monzon, Robinson, James Toney, etc....talent wise i never saw that type of talent or skills from GGG and when he stepped up competition his fights became a lot more competitive than when he fought fringe guys.....his best opponents are Canelo, Jacobs and Sergiy Derevyanchenko....brook is a good fighter but very small for 160....his run was simply not impressive because ive seen so many great fighters prove it in the ring and accomplish more with better skills
          Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
          Yes well said my friend...that's always kind of been my point about GGG...his run through those 10-15 good pros, in their primes more or less, at their best weights, was really impressive to me...and I say that as someone who has studied boxing quite a bit...so I know how guys fare more or less against against that level of competition in that many fights.

Almost always they come back to earth in some of those fights...lose one or two, have a couple close ones etc...GGG never did and that just has always impressed me...people can spin stuff however they want, but that's how I saw it.

And yes, as you alluded to...even ATGs VERY RARELY face other ATGs or HOFers in their careers, certainly in meaningful fights...and by that I mean rarely do greats ever face other greats when they are both great...greats usually have about 2 or 3 fights vs other greats...and so far GGG has 2...most of the time, greats are .500 in those fights...I think GGG is 2-0...most sane people say he is at worst 1-1 in those fights.

But yeah in any event good post man...kind of echoes my sentiments there as well...HOFers and ATGs are not just out there floating around...90% of any boxer's resume is based on what he did vs a solid pro...that's 9 out of 10 fights...most guys with about 20 meaningful fights in their career if they are lucky.

So yeah that leaves about 2 or maybe 3/4 fights vs other truly great fighters...it just very rarely happens!! And again if you study other fighters, even past greats, they very very rarely dominate against other good pros as much as GGG did in his run...my 2 cents anyway...am all ears if someone can point out a few fighters who disprove that narrative.
          Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          how can he be an all time great and he wont even be considered the best middleweight in his own era....he went 0-1-1 vs Canelo, beat Jacobs becuase of that kd he could have lost same goes of his last big fight.

you dont know what an all time great is and that is ok
          I think most everyone with a pair of working eyes saw who was better when he faced Canelo...if you really want to swear Canelo, was better, that's fine...but to be honest, you can't even really have a valid opinion on those fights because you admitted you didn't score them so...

Yeah I think only those who have some extreme bias would say that GGG isn't an ATG at MW...just is what it is.

Read my above post btw for some education on fighters, their resumes, and how often great fighters fight other truly great fighters.

Btw - on the bolded portions of your one post - can you define some of this talent and skills that you saw from those other guys? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx... View Post
            Maybe because he beat no one worth a damn yet his fans want to label him an ATG

or maybe its the " FAKES ASS" 20 title defenses

Ya'll tried to create some ATG who did nothing to get there..and when people speak fakes you pull the damn race card while you slam every damn boxer who actually took risks to be great in the process..WHAT DAMN RISK DID GGG TAKE??"BESIDES STEPPING IN THE RING WHICH I GIVE RESPECT TO EVERY BOXER" Dude did nothing special his entire career while he was hyped through the damn roof
            Lol...'some people said things I didn't like about my favorite fighter, so I'm gonna hate on everything possible about a guy they like' - the post. You're a child dude, grow up

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              Now your lying! Unless you want to correct that and say ggg back didn’t touch the ropes. We can go play a drinking game and every time a fighter takes two steps back drink in that 2nd fight...
              You're* embarrassing. And I don't drink alcohol...maybe that's why I have a few more functioning brain cells than you

Can you point out the times in the fight where GGG's back touched the ropes?

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
              No I don’t rely on anyone that’s why I say canelo won both fights and don’t care who says what, no flex. What you rely on? Based on what do you claim ggg to be great?
              But it’s not what we think, like I keep telling you... it’s what they have done. Canelo has done more, and that’s not debatable and he is still under 30. Like I said, he has a hall of fame resume already and can only build to it and will be and ATG when it’s all said and done. Ggg won’t, so when I say ggg isn’t as good as you say... it’s based off his accomplishments or better yet his lack there of, not anything else. You can’t say the same about what you think about canelo because canelo has the resume to say otherwise... regardless about what you or anyone else thinks my friend. That’s the difference between you and the real world. You’re obviously delusional... obviously.. and it’s sad because I’d expect that from a little fan boy but you claim to be a grown man. Something is wrong with you, I hope you heal.
              On the bold stuff, that are opinions man...some would agree on some or all of that though...but those are still opinions.

Personally I think GGG had a much tougher road than Canelo to get where he did...I think his career has been more impressive than Canelo's and he showed me twice he was better than Canelo.

If I read the tea leaves differently I would call it that way and wouldn't give a sh.it and move on with my life.

As I've said, if GGG and Canelo swapped bodies in those 2 fights, you would say that Canelo won both 10-2...I would say Canelo won both 8-4...that is 100% what I think of you guys and guys similar to you.

And I don't say that with any malice really...just is what it is...you guys are super tribal with who you support and are hellbent on finding ways to prop Canelo up, because a lot of your self-worth is evidently riding on it.

In any event, peace to you fellas! And I hope you guys have a great day!

Comment

i was never impressed with GGG to be honest, some call it hate but people have to realize how many great middleweights have graced the ring. Also ive watched thousands of fights live and study the sport daily, i train, coach and i box myself

Hagler, Monzon, Robinson, James Toney, etc....talent wise i never saw that type of talent or skills from GGG and when he stepped up competition his fights became a lot more competitive than when he fought fringe guys.....his best opponents are Canelo, Jacobs and Sergiy Derevyanchenko....brook is a good fighter but very small for 160....his run was simply not impressive because ive seen so many great fighters prove it in the ring and accomplish more with better skills
                Just to point out that I'm really interested in hearing the skills you feel those guys had...thanks.

Btw anyone with half a brain can see what your MO is in boxing/life...look at your avatar picture lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                  I think most everyone with a pair of working eyes saw who was better when he faced Canelo...if you really want to swear Canelo, was better, that's fine...but to be honest, you can't even really have a valid opinion on those fights because you admitted you didn't score them so...

Yeah I think only those who have some extreme bias would say that GGG isn't an ATG at MW...just is what it is.

Read my above post btw for some education on fighters, their resumes, and how often great fighters fight other truly great fighters.

Btw - on the bolded portions of your one post - can you define some of this talent and skills that you saw from those other guys? Thanks.
                  given his resume, opponents, and accomplishments, on the contrary youd have to be really biased to claim he is an all time great would you like to start explaining how?

dont avoid because you know deep beside you liking him as a fighter he just doesnt have the body of work to be considered.

James toney is one of the greatest counterpunchers ever, great chin, one of the best defenses in middleweight history beat champions and hall of famers at middleweight and above it

Hopkins resume is similar at 160 as far as ATGs go, in the since he didnt fight a lot of marquee guys early on but difference is, he unified all the belts IN THE RING...actually beat p4p entrants..trinidad, Holmes, beat Joppy, John David Jackson, and cleaned out the division....his fundamentals, chin, IQ made him special as well as work ethic

Monzon great timing, chin, one of the hardest right hands at the weight and was a mean MFER, also defended the lineal title 14 times, beat benvenuti 2 times, emile griffth 2 times and also unified IN THE RING

Robinson no explanation necessary same for Greb

dude doesnt even come close to these guys and they were clearly the best of their eras and proved it in the ring unlike GGG

Speculation and fantasy fights dont get you ATG status or HOF credentials

Comment

pretty pathetic their is no way you can argue GGG being an all time great dude is delusional
                    There** That's what is pathetic man...how are you gonna try and call someone else stupid and you routinely get sh.it like that wrong lol

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    his resume is light years from being an all time great he doesnt even deserve hall of fame when its guys like Eubanks, Nunn, Benn and others who accomplished more and are not in yet
                    I already educated you on how those guys did nothing above what GGG did...to say that they did, is just crazy...you're not a rational person at all here...and it is pretty clear to see why my friend.

I know, and he says he is a grown man 😂 embarrassing
                    Lol what kind of 'men' run around a site gossiping like women...if you want to say something to or about me, why not quote me

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                      Just to point out that I'm really interested in hearing the skills you feel those guys had...thanks.

Btw anyone with half a brain can see what your MO is in boxing/life...look at your avatar picture lol.
                      that avatar is 3 years old, didnt care to change and probably wont..... funny thing is he never moved up, never unifed all the belts, and proved anything to go with the hype.....call it what you want, just cause you want a fighter to be an ATG Doesnt mean they are. mr 154-168 has one of the worst resumes ever for a so called p4p fighter

Comment

Working...
                      X