Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 02-09-2020, 02:37 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
TheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,490.12
Total Points: 78,080.06
Thanks for your support & respect - Massage Queen girls boxing vid - -jose- :beerchug: - -jose- Great thread, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 
Default How else can we compete with manufacturing in China?

So we all know most American companies get their shat built in China because manufacturing is real cheap over there but how do we combat that so we dont have to manufacture in China?

I know we got some entrepreneurs on here, when you make your products and you get them made in China its because you are saving a ton on overhead, even R&D right? What is another option tho?

With the recent Coronavirus and the tension between US and China and the shady communist crap they pull over there, me and my lady(who started doing our own online small business) really dont want to go to China to get our products made, but we need to keep all of those costs down, really down for obvious reasons.

So what's our best options?

Many of you know my work was going to send me out to Japan and Australia in the next coming months but Japan is canceled right now due to the CoronaVirus but even if that never happened I never really wanted to go to China to get our products made. CV or not. One of my boys went to China over the summer and he told me he felt like they were watching him the whole time and he couldn't even log on to Google or anything over there at all. He said he couldnt wait to get the F out!

Are there other better alternatives?
TheGR8TESTOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 04:15 PM #2
Boxing fan since 1985

Quoted: 3112 Post(s)
turnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,468.21
Total Points: 52,668.43
great sig quote. - LoadedWraps for being a cool dude - Sugar Booger Great poster. - UTEP Thanks for the green bro - jas No Message - mathed 
No Message - mathed First Rate Poster - ironmt Merry Christmas - TBear Miguel Cotto appreciates that post. - Santa_ 

To sum this up..we are in a price competitive market. Consumers want things as cheap as possible and if you don’t do it someone else will. Even with a tariff upon import it’s cheaper to get things done externally. If you manufacture you are paying for the import of materials and machinery as is. Before you manufacture a single thing you are hemorrhaging money on rent, machine, business insurance, wages, employment taxes, and a ton of other sht. We live in a Walmart mentality era. The margins even on imported goods when it’s all said and done aren’t that great, chains hold all of the power over pricing. The only way you make money these days is in bulk sales to chains like target, Walmart, kmart because you are selling a million units at a dollar profit per and hope that product turns into a million unit a month shipper or better. You have some products that yield as low as ten cents profit per unit. It’s why you see Apple sell directly to consumer, the real money is cutting the middle man out of the equation and then you might be able to survive as a manufacturer stateside. It’s just too expensive to manufacture here, pay people a good wage, and have enough of a war chest to not go under if you have a bad quarter.

Last edited by turnedup; 02-09-2020 at 04:17 PM.
turnedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:23 PM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2346 Post(s)
Luilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,582.26
Total Points: 44,034.85
Good posts. Here's your first gift. - 1bad65 Good post. Cheers! - Tony Trick-Pony Great post, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Fuck you degenerate racist - cheeseburger degenerate trash - cheeseburger 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
So we all know most American companies get their shat built in China because manufacturing is real cheap over there but how do we combat that so we dont have to manufacture in China?

I know we got some entrepreneurs on here, when you make your products and you get them made in China its because you are saving a ton on overhead, even R&D right? What is another option tho?

With the recent Coronavirus and the tension between US and China and the shady communist crap they pull over there, me and my lady(who started doing our own online small business) really dont want to go to China to get our products made, but we need to keep all of those costs down, really down for obvious reasons.

Many of you know my work was going to send me out to Japan and Australia in the next coming months but Japan is canceled right now due to the CoronaVirus but even if that never happened I never really wanted to go to China to get our products made. CV or not. One of my boys went to China over the summer and he told me he felt like they were watching him the whole time and he couldn't even log on to Google or anything over there at all. He said he couldnt wait to get the F out!

Make the Trump family Presidents for life is the only way
Luilun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:41 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4226 Post(s)
i_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond reputei_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond reputei_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond reputei_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond reputei_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond reputei_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond reputei_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond reputei_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond reputei_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond reputei_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond reputei_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,630.32
Total Points: 98,131.98
chalk up yet another win for team sutherland - Mike D you are a sh1t poster - Freedom. Happy Easter, man. Wishing you peace and blessings. - DionysusX Congratulatory meal... - anthonydavid11 Thanks for the green and kind words. Merry Christmas. - GhostofDempsey 
Good posts - 1bad65 Merry Christmas - TBear Salute - Chollo Vista 

Invade China and regime change
i_am_a_champ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:43 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

TheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for your support & respect - Massage Queen girls boxing vid - -jose- :beerchug: - -jose- Great thread, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnedup View Post
To sum this up..we are in a price competitive market. Consumers want things as cheap as possible and if you donít do it someone else will. Even with a tariff upon import itís cheaper to get things done externally. If you manufacture you are paying for the import of materials and machinery as is. Before you manufacture a single thing you are hemorrhaging money on rent, machine, business insurance, wages, employment taxes, and a ton of other sht. We live in a Walmart mentality era. The margins even on imported goods when itís all said and done arenít that great, chains hold all of the power over pricing. The only way you make money these days is in bulk sales to chains like target, Walmart, kmart because you are selling a million units at a dollar profit per and hope that product turns into a million unit a month shipper or better. You have some products that yield as low as ten cents profit per unit. Itís why you see Apple sell directly to consumer, the real money is cutting the middle man out of the equation and then you might be able to survive as a manufacturer stateside. Itís just too expensive to manufacture here, pay people a good wage, and have enough of a war chest to not go under if you have a bad quarter.
Green K bro!

I'm with you on all this. But is there a better alternative than us having to go to China? Like another country?

Shat even Nike left China for Vietnam right?
Old 02-09-2020, 05:45 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6644 Post(s)
FinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,441.88
Total Points: 238,555.80
You racist piece of 5hit - Mr McDowell No Message - -jose- This guy is a fag - Turd Best Ever Faggot bitch!! - Turd Best Ever FagnitoxDinaputo is a Faggot CUCK!! - Turd Best Ever 
fake bitch - !a! no one believes your tough guy act pussy boy - !a! you talk garbage, no one believes you fool LOL - !a! LOL fake bitch - !a! You're not fooling anyone you pussy - !a! 
yawn - !a! Tough guy LOL - !a! 

They are just number wong in that area and im fine with that.
FinitoxDinamita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:54 PM #7
Boxing fan since 1985

turnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond repute
great sig quote. - LoadedWraps for being a cool dude - Sugar Booger Great poster. - UTEP Thanks for the green bro - jas No Message - mathed 
No Message - mathed First Rate Poster - ironmt Merry Christmas - TBear Miguel Cotto appreciates that post. - Santa_ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luilun View Post
Make the Trump family Presidents for life is the only way
Huh? Where was the trump suit collection made? Trump houseware line? Ivanka and ivanas fashion line? Bro, they donít give a fk about where shh is made, itís a popular line for political purposes. Itís not a shot at trump, heíd just be stupid to have that shhh made here. Manufacturing left here and wonít ever really be back short of us going to a huge pacific war. Sorry, I know itís sucks but folks need to start focusing on learning to be electricians, machinery engineers, computer savvy because those old generation to generation jobs wonít ever be back...well unless you want to pay 3 grand for a 5 hundred dollar tv. $200 for bed sheets. Etc. itís just too expensive man, I was paying 20 grand on business insurance alone when I had five employees. It climbed to 110k when we hit 20 and thatís whether I made a buck or not. Thatís at 20..do you know how many employees it takes to run manufacturing..thatís a big but to be on the hook on while you are trying to generate revenue burning tons of cash. Get this I wasnít even manufacturing anything so imagine what itís like for an actual manufacturer
Old 02-09-2020, 05:55 PM #8
Boxing fan since 1985

Quote:
Green K bro!

I'm with you on all this. But is there a better alternative than us having to go to China? Like another country?

Shat even Nike left China for Vietnam right?
Itís not just China. India, lots of poor European countries. I mean part of it is that the place needs to have stable banking too.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:01 PM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnedup View Post
Itís not just China. India, lots of poor European countries. I mean part of it is that the place needs to have stable banking too.
Bro at my work, this vendor keeps hitting me up kissing my arse he makes like keychains, and bottle openers with companies logos on them.

He calls me 24/7 I tell my receptionist to just let it go to voicemail.

He's like come on bro let us do all your clients and put their logos on keychains and bottle openers for you.

MoFO won't even give me free samples either, and all im thinking is how is this guy still in business? We can literally get all this made in China for pennies and he wants to charge us $25 just for a handful.

This guy has a warehouse in SouthBay too? Im like how's this guy even keeping the lights on?
Old 02-09-2020, 06:07 PM #10
Perfection Personified

Quoted: 925 Post(s)
Jim Tom has a reputation beyond reputeJim Tom has a reputation beyond reputeJim Tom has a reputation beyond reputeJim Tom has a reputation beyond reputeJim Tom has a reputation beyond reputeJim Tom has a reputation beyond reputeJim Tom has a reputation beyond reputeJim Tom has a reputation beyond reputeJim Tom has a reputation beyond reputeJim Tom has a reputation beyond reputeJim Tom has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,520.37
Total Points: 35,852.10
you can pretend it's Lennox Lewis - Freedom. walking negative stereotype - thuggery 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - alexpz Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. 

Quote:

The labour in China is still relatively cheap but as the country becomes more prosperous the workers will demand a bigger chunk of the pie and that comparative advantage will be erased. To compete meanwhile you have to go high tech to minimise labour costs and depend more on capital. With robots that wonít take too long. You can also do like what the Germans did, differentiate.
Jim Tom is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends