Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2020, 06:59 PM #51
WBC WBA IBF WBC WBA IBF is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 9,364
Quoted: 8657 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23
WBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 314.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 314.00
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffee View Post
Why do you think a PPV screened at prime US time from Saudi will do less than a PPV screened at prime US time in the US?
Because the media won't treat it as as big of an event.

Fight week press conference, the weigh in, fight week interviews, etc are all taking place overseas. Far fewer outlets will have reporters and photographers on the ground covering the fight. Your newspaper coverage is greatly reduced. Your television coverage is greatly reduced.

The final weeks of training camp are likely taking place overseas as well. Again, far fewer outlets will have reporters and photographers on the ground covering camp.

Just as important as any of that, the public doesn't consider an event as important if it's not taking place in the US and outlets greatly reduce coverage as well due to that perception of reduced interest. It can be a bit of a chicken & egg situation, but because historically overseas fights are never treated as major PPVs, when you put a fight overseas, the media doesn't treat it the same way.

If you treat the US as second fiddle, the US will treat the event as second fiddle. The US is used to being the center of the universe.
WBC WBA IBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:25 PM #52
Toffee Toffee is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,945
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Rep Power: 5
Toffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant futureToffee has a brilliant future
Points: 45,880.32
Bank: 1,558.76
Total Points: 47,439.08
I must defend Eddie LMAO - "red This is Eddie Hearns cock. You love it you slag. - "red 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
Because the media won't treat it as as big of an event.

Fight week press conference, the weigh in, fight week interviews, etc are all taking place overseas. Far fewer outlets will have reporters and photographers on the ground covering the fight. Your newspaper coverage is greatly reduced. Your television coverage is greatly reduced.

The final weeks of training camp are likely taking place overseas as well. Again, far fewer outlets will have reporters and photographers on the ground covering camp.

Just as important as any of that, the public doesn't consider an event as important if it's not taking place in the US and outlets greatly reduce coverage as well due to that perception of reduced interest. It can be a bit of a chicken & egg situation, but because historically overseas fights are never treated as major PPVs, when you put a fight overseas, the media doesn't treat it the same way.

If you treat the US as second fiddle, the US will treat the event as second fiddle. The US is used to being the center of the universe.
Some of that is legitimate (press on the ground), though you'd think the biggest fight in years might still attract some attention and get a load of reporters on the ground. After all, Bob was claiming until recently that they didn't need promotion - they just use broadcaster reach.

The rest is just ret arded. I'm not doubting it's true; I've learnt not to underestimate the stupidity and insularity of your average American. But still, it's ret arded.
Toffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:54 PM #53
Froch_uppercut Froch_uppercut is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,080
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
Froch_uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeFroch_uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeFroch_uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeFroch_uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeFroch_uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeFroch_uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeFroch_uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeFroch_uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeFroch_uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeFroch_uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeFroch_uppercut has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 28,696.26
Bank: 1,264.17
Total Points: 29,960.43
Brainwashed Eddie Hearn follower - gjku 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
If that's true, then Hearn should have no problem going to purse bid as he'll obviously win if you're right.




The confirmed facts make it very clear that it was Hearn ducking, not Wilder. I know for fans in the UK, it's difficult to get unbiased reporting about this subject. So I accept the possibility that you're unwilling to discuss the true events of the situation.
An accusation of unbiased reporting, coming from an American, a country which has a sitting president openly gagging the press - yep, that's not ironic at all.
Froch_uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 03:40 AM #54
WBC WBA IBF WBC WBA IBF is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 9,364
Quoted: 8657 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23
WBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 314.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 314.00
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
An accusation of unbiased reporting, coming from an American, a country which has a sitting president openly gagging the press - yep, that's not ironic at all.
Nobody accused anybody of unbiased reporting.

I'm not American.

I didn't vote for Trump.

Anything else?
WBC WBA IBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:37 AM #55
Froch_uppercut Froch_uppercut is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,080
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
Froch_uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeFroch_uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeFroch_uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeFroch_uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeFroch_uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeFroch_uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeFroch_uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeFroch_uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeFroch_uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeFroch_uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeFroch_uppercut has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 28,696.26
Bank: 1,264.17
Total Points: 29,960.43
Brainwashed Eddie Hearn follower - gjku 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
Nobody accused anybody of unbiased reporting.

I'm not American.

I didn't vote for Trump.

Anything else?
Sorry, when I posted that I did not realize you were the forum troll. I now know. I do not talk to people being deliberately ridiculous, as it appears you are in matters regarding Wilder's ducking.
Goodbye.
Froch_uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:58 AM #56
Laligalaliga Laligalaliga is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 5,915
Quoted: 2821 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14
Laligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 78,512.72
Bank: 1,613.90
Total Points: 80,126.62
what an idiot - __________ Eddie the snake lol - __________ DAZN is shit and so is Eddie's US stable.  Taking over America baby LMAO - __________ Matchroom USA is sooo shit - __________ Eddie's US stable LOL - __________ 
Pretend it's Aj's dlck - ikigai 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - __________ Gay and Lesbian Pride - __________ Gay and Lesbian Pride - __________ Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
Both sides have sent contracts. The difference is that when Wilder sent a contract for the 50 million Joshua asked for, Joshua ducked and refused to come to America. When Wilder said he'd sign to come to the UK, Joshua ducked and suddenly Wilder had to wait 10 months if he wanted the fight.
You do you like to lie and live in deceit and denial?
These things happened that almost everyone is aware that wilder actually sent a contract but twitter offer.
We all knew Eddie was in NY and no member if wilder agreed to meet.
We also know about 12.5m offer, 15mil offer, 100mil offer which were all declined by wilder.
The boxing world knows these things.
We also know that prior to Ruiz/AJ 2, wilder was all over the place about the undisputed, immediately AJ recaptured the titles, wilder went AWOL.
You can't deny these facts.
You are getting worse by the day.
Laligalaliga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:16 AM #57
maguirre maguirre is offline
subas_bala
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,298
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Rep Power: 28
maguirre has a reputation beyond reputemaguirre has a reputation beyond reputemaguirre has a reputation beyond reputemaguirre has a reputation beyond reputemaguirre has a reputation beyond reputemaguirre has a reputation beyond reputemaguirre has a reputation beyond reputemaguirre has a reputation beyond reputemaguirre has a reputation beyond reputemaguirre has a reputation beyond reputemaguirre has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 5,974.29
Bank: 1,220.79
Total Points: 7,195.08
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laligalaliga View Post
You do you like to lie and live in deceit and denial?
These things happened that almost everyone is aware that wilder actually sent a contract but twitter offer.
We all knew Eddie was in NY and no member if wilder agreed to meet.
We also know about 12.5m offer, 15mil offer, 100mil offer which were all declined by wilder.
The boxing world knows these things.
We also know that prior to Ruiz/AJ 2, wilder was all over the place about the undisputed, immediately AJ recaptured the titles, wilder went AWOL.
You can't deny these facts.
You are getting worse by the day.
Very true. People are not stupid. They know exactly what happened. Negotiations are supposed to reach the end goal, getting fights made. But the guy is more into blame games than anything else. The fact that the fight didn't get made then there's nothing to celebrate about, but this guy is always in celebratory mood when he talks about the Wilder/Joshua case. He thought he won. Fight didn't get made and he's acting like it's party time.
maguirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:19 AM #58
Kezzer Kezzer is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 2,600
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
Kezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 42,356.94
Bank: 1,558.53
Total Points: 43,915.47
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
Sorry, when I posted that I did not realize you were the forum troll. I now know. I do not talk to people being deliberately ridiculous, as it appears you are in matters regarding Wilder's ducking.
Goodbye.
Quality response.
Kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:32 AM #59
MDPopescu MDPopescu is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 25,195
Quoted: 7215 Post(s)
Rep Power: 87
MDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 23,835.64
Bank: 3,101,841.97
Total Points: 3,125,677.61
Thanks for the drink and I always buy a beer back ..respect - Steve plunger Good luck with your picks! - 1hourRun Cheers mate! - kafkod Great posts, sir - anthonydavid11 Keep up the good fight - -KULT- 
Cheers - Nomadic Cause pizza is great, I just had one - Mighty_Windir No Message - Dean_Razorback Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Cheers! - kafkod 
Cheers, bud - Pain~Lucy Have a beer! - CLUBBER! Great poster - Chrismart thanks for the points - Dean_Razorback Thx bro... - jaded 
Thanks! Cheers! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - GhostofDempsey Sláinte .. Good health :) - kafkod Cheers. No thanks but cheers. Haha - Tony Trick-Pony Thx - jaded 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - MDPopescu Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Weltschmerz Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Turd Best Ever Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Turd Best Ever 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
Nobody accused anybody of unbiased reporting.

I'm not American.

I didn't vote for Trump.

Anything else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
Sorry, when I posted that I did not realize you were the forum troll. I now know. I do not talk to people being deliberately ridiculous, as it appears you are in matters regarding Wilder's ducking.
Goodbye.
... funny............................................. ......
MDPopescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 10:34 AM #60
Laligalaliga Laligalaliga is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 5,915
Quoted: 2821 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14
Laligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 78,512.72
Bank: 1,613.90
Total Points: 80,126.62
what an idiot - __________ Eddie the snake lol - __________ DAZN is shit and so is Eddie's US stable.  Taking over America baby LMAO - __________ Matchroom USA is sooo shit - __________ Eddie's US stable LOL - __________ 
Pretend it's Aj's dlck - ikigai 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - __________ Gay and Lesbian Pride - __________ Gay and Lesbian Pride - __________ Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maguirre View Post
Very true. People are not stupid. They know exactly what happened. Negotiations are supposed to reach the end goal, getting fights made. But the guy is more into blame games than anything else. The fact that the fight didn't get made then there's nothing to celebrate about, but this guy is always in celebratory mood when he talks about the Wilder/Joshua case. He thought he won. Fight didn't get made and he's acting like it's party time.
I know him long ago. hez full of lies and deceit on this forum.
Sometimes ago, he was on an a gender that hez the only one that knows exactly how much earn for his fights when he was still earning 1m+.
But now that wilder is getting a decent pay, he has closed that agenda.
He claims he is an insider in WBC camp and knows their dealings.
He also claimed he has 2 persons that usually log in with his account.
If am lieing, let him come defend himself.
He has said all sort of lies on this forum.
Laligalaliga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 PM.