No announcement yet.

pbc won't recognise crawford but will recognise texixtxteria

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...but Recognize the WBA Regular Belt?

That is extremely Hypocritical from the PBC and this is no Bash the PBC Post because as a BOXING FAN I love what they're trying to do as I do Top Rank/ESPN as well as Matchroom and GBP with DAZN. What I am against though is DICTATORSHIP in boxing! You don't get to play God in Boxing and start change stuff that has been in place for Decades. You want to be in charge of Belts then yeah Make your Own!

Comment

It’s nothing to do with the fighter holding the WBO belt, it’s the organisation. When Ruiz was on air they had him labelled as WBA and IBF champion. So PBC doesn’t recognise them at all..... but they are still one of the four major belts and I don’t see that changing.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        Fox doesn't recognize the WBO. Even when a PBC fighter holds the WBO world title.
        Fox doesn't give two shyts about sanctioning bodies, Haymon is driving that nonsense. Ever since pressure was on PBC to match their WWs with Crawford, suddenly they don't acknowledge the WBO.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          You have pfp confused with resume. Pfp is just personal opinion. How good you THINK a boxer is right now for his weight class. It can't be proven right or wrong so the eye test is enough. To advance in the rankings wins are needed but Crawford is already champion so he can't go higher unless he unifies and boxing politics are holding that up. Arum has never made Spence an actual cash offer to fight Crawford. Just big talk but money talks and BS walks.
          Not confused, I have been watching the sport long enough to know a thing or two. Crawford in my opinion has the most set of skill of any boxer right now. Now to what extent it can take him can only be measured against top opposition. Fighters with better chin, stamina, will power, defense, power, etc.

He has no marquee names in his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            There's no such thing as a WBA regular title. There's a WBA world title and a WBA super title. The WBA world title and WBA super title are completely different championships represented by completely different championship belts.

Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, etc all held the WBA world title. None of them held the WBA super title.

Networks, fighters and promoters chose to recognize the super title as a world title, but never stopped recognizing the world title as a world title. So the WBA essentially has two world titles.

But there's only one world you say? Well the IBF and WBO are just off shoots of the WBA. So if WBA members are allowed to create extra world titles, what stops the WBA from doing it themselves?

Comment

whats the story on this??? did i miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                There's no such thing as a WBA regular title. There's a WBA world title and a WBA super title. The WBA world title and WBA super title are completely different championships represented by completely different championship belts.

Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, etc all held the WBA world title. None of them held the WBA super title.

Networks, fighters and promoters chose to recognize the super title as a world title, but never stopped recognizing the world title as a world title. So the WBA essentially has two world titles.

But there's only one world you say? Well the IBF and WBO are just off shoots of the WBA. So if WBA members are allowed to create extra world titles, what stops the WBA from doing it themselves?
                You can word it whatever way you want "Super" "World" "Gold"...Bottom line it is very hypocritical to acknowledge and Claim "Lara Is Once Again Champion" for capturing a Belt that is SECOND to Julian Williams who is the REAL WBA CHAMP!

They acknowledge Brandon Figueroa and Mario Barrios as WBA Champions but again those are Second Place World Championship Belts behind Danny Roman and Josh Taylor. So it is VERY Hypocritical even from fans to be OK with those OTHER Belts but want to Sh#t on the WBO

This is not to Defend the WBO in anyway, WBO to me is the LEAST of the Major Belts and no it is not because who currently holds them but based on HISTORY

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                  Who has Crawford beat that makes him #1 p4p?

The eyeball test is not enough.
                  Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                  Not confused, I have been watching the sport long enough to know a thing or two. Crawford in my opinion has the most set of skill of any boxer right now. Now to what extent it can take him can only be measured against top opposition. Fighters with better chin, stamina, will power, defense, power, etc.

He has no marquee names in his resume.
                  STREET CLEANER...welcome. You have embraced the truth I've been speaking around here for months. NSB will remain in denial because of course, he beat Jeff 'The Hornet' Horn. His signature win so far.

Comment

Well look at that PBC now wants to have an undisputed champion at 154 , Why was this done at heavyweight? Why is this getting done at Welterweights?

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

That is extremely Hypocritical from the PBC and this is no Bash the PBC Post because as a BOXING FAN I love what they're trying to do as I do Top Rank/ESPN as well as Matchroom and GBP with DAZN. What I am against though is DICTATORSHIP in boxing! You don't get to play God in Boxing and start change stuff that has been in place for Decades. You want to be in charge of Belts then yeah Make your Own!
                      Imagine how the native americans felt!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X